Threads
Members
Latest Member
Kiddorism

Texas Powerbar Thoughts

R

ruthlezz_1

Sep 20, 2010
I might invest in a Texas Powerbar in a few months , I bought the black oxide bar from strengthshop last year and its a big improvement on the Snyder I used before it but I want to use a quality bar when deadlifting , like the ones in comps or as close to it.

I know there's a few different types if Texas Powerbars, after lolling about online this is cheapest but just wanting to know if its worth the money ? I will need to take it inside after use or it will get ruined out in the shed
lol.gif

http://www.gymratz.co.uk/texas-power-bar

ChrisLindsay9

ChrisLindsay9

MuscleHead
Jun 17, 2013
Is a Texas deadlift bar much more expensive? I have a buddy who loves his Texas power bar, so it'd be a good investment. But I'm wondering if you save a few more $$ you should just get a deadlift bar - which is what they use in many competitions?

DieYoungStrong

DieYoungStrong

VIP Member
May 27, 2013
If you are looking for a good all around bar, get the Texas Power Bar. If you like your other bar and are looking for a deadlift bar, then get the deadlift bar.

I have a TPB and love it for an all around bar. My next purchase is a deadlift bar.

E

EastCoast1

Jul 20, 2015
If you are looking for a good all around bar, get the Texas Power Bar. If you like your other bar and are looking for a deadlift bar, then get the deadlift bar.

I have a TPB and love it for an all around bar. My next purchase is a deadlift bar.

This. It really depends on the use. If you want to do more than deadlift with it, get yourself a powerbar.

BrotherIron

BrotherIron

VIP Member
Mar 6, 2011
I concur with what others have said. If you want an all around good bar a Texas Power Bar is a great bar. I use mine for benching. I use a beater bar for pulling and I use a Texas Squat Bar for squats.

porky little keg

porky little keg

MuscleHead
May 21, 2011
It all depends on how you want to compete....... If you lift in a federation that uses just one bar then it makes sense to train with one bar. If you compete, like I do, where separate bars are used, then it makes sense to have specialized bars.

O

og17

Dec 27, 2015
man I tried to get one of these on a flash sale at elite fts the other day, woulda been under 3 hundy. They flash sale lasted about 22 minutes, needless to say I didn't get one, but given that price again I wont hesitate. They have some at the work gym and its all I will use.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic