Texas Power Bar recommendation

Discussion in 'Powerlifting Training and Strength techniques' started by uphillclimb, Jul 12, 2016.

1. uphillclimb

uphillclimb TID Board Of Directors

Dec 9, 2011
    Buying a new TPB but not sure if I should go through/purchase:

Texas strength systems
    Elite FTS
    Rogue Ohio bar
    weightlifters warehouse
    The "supposed" real Buddy caps TPB
    Troy TPB

I'm leaning towards texas strength systems as I've bought from them before. To be frank, I won't have more than 600lbs on this at any given time in the next 2 years so I'm not worried if it can truly hold 1500lbs. I like a nice bite with the knurling and I'll be squatting and pulling with this bar until I grab a DL bar in the winter. Not concerned if there's a 20-30 dollar difference between either. I'm looking for quality without passive knurling.

Thanks in advance for your replies.

2. TenaciousA

TenaciousA VIP Member

Mar 31, 2013
    Hey man,
    I got 2 of mine used, 01 from Powerlifting Watch and one from Craigslist. The other one I ordered from the supposedly real Buddy Caps.

All are worth it and I have lady weight on the bar.

Good luck.

3. The_Northman1522

The_Northman1522 Member

Jul 11, 2016
    I have two bars from Rouge, and a couple from Texas systems. They are all great bars.

Rangers lead the way

4. uphillclimb

Dec 9, 2011
    Got some love from my homies through some direct messaging and bought through Texas Strength. Thanks guys.

5. Ramrod

Ramrod VIP Member

Jun 5, 2012
  6. uphillclimb

Dec 9, 2011
    FYI for shits and giggles, I took a look at their price and was 55.00 more because of shipping (I'm in the northeast). Both bars were 265 and I got a t-shirt with Texas strength :). As @MJR told me, the t-shirt always wins.

More FYI than anything.

by the way, great recommendation on the power rack. I got the dip attachments along with the outside arm spotters and that thing is fantastic. I haven't even bolted it down to the foundation yet and it's sturdy as hell. Titan was great to work with, also. Thanks again for that.

Ramrod likes this.
  7. Ramrod

Ramrod VIP Member

Jun 5, 2012
    Shirts are always good to get..Titan's Rack May not be perfect, but hell it's not bad at all and easily the Best rack for the Money. Like my Wife's Rack. Great deal on those. Here EX bought them...lol

uphillclimb likes this.
  8. uphillclimb

Dec 9, 2011

Pics or I don't believe you.

No the rack is great. 1000lb capacity and suits everything that I need.

Ramrod likes this.