Members
Latest Member
RalfKelleh

Texas method

D

Docd187123

MuscleHead
Dec 2, 2013
If someone doesn't have the proper equipment... ie. bumpers, platform, Oly bar, Oly shoes, etc they should not perform an Oly lift or an Oly assisting lift to be honest. You can't perform the lift properly and I'm talking about the Oly assisting lift. You shouldn't even try to perform a Clean... be it a muscle, power, or squat clean. You NEED to have proper coaching in learning the classical lift. There are Oly facilities around to learn the lift but you may have to drive a distance to reach one and I'm not talking about a CrossFit gym either.

You generate the power during the second pull (from knee to hips). That's where the magic happens. That is what non Oly lifters need to obtain and it's not subjective. It's measurable and easily noticeable.

You can also perform a snatch pull and a snatch high pull. And to be honest when it comes to speed I would work from the block or from the hang.

Very good points and great post. My gym unfortunately has no bumper plates or platforms, horrible gym really, but I used to drop the bar onto my quads and catch it before dropping it on the ground. The bruising sucked but was worth it until injuries started developing lol

porky little keg

porky little keg

MuscleHead
May 21, 2011
For my money I'd pick a method and run with it...... pick A method. One. Give it a few years for you to figure out how to adapt it for yourself.

So many guys run this, then this, then something else and never progress.

I ran a Frantz program for 7 years before I stalled out. Now working on learning and starting the Westside method ( by spending time training at Westside). The guys at Westside run mostly.... Westside.
The Nebraska/Iowa guys run a Big Iron type program, and the East Coast guys mostly run some sort of MetalMilitia programming.

There are rare occasions where you might borrow something from another program to build a weakness, but most top guys run A program for most of their careers. It works.

For my money I'd pick something like The Lilliebridge method ( it's similar to Frantz) or 10/20/Life ( since most of the CUBE is "borrowed" from Carroll anyways) and run with it.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic