Ethan7400
What's New?

Texas is opening back up

Bro Bundy

Bro Bundy

MuscleHead
Nov 1, 2012
Good for Texas ...
Now all pussies around the country are gonna cry texas is killing people .... bunch of cunts

tommyguns2

tommyguns2

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Dec 25, 2010
Well today our Police Chief said if you go into a business that wants you to wear a mask and you don't wear one the police will arrest you for public trespassing. Abbott did leave it up to counties and cities to make any final decision. We will be masked up here until people finally come to their senses.
IMO, states should get rid of blanket rules for their entire state, and let those decisions be made at the county or city level. A state like TX or CA is extremely diverse from county to county with respect to their population density, economy, etc. Rules that may make sense in one county are downright silly for another county.

Plus, when the rules get pushed down to the local level, those making the rules are held to account more from their constituents, so it reduces the amount of arbitrariness in the rules. If a county commissioner is worried about arbitrary rules ruining their chance of re-election, they are much more careful. And that's a good thing.

The Feds are worried that the states that completely re-open will show similar stats than the closed states, and that will put more pressure on the Feds to butt out. It's hard to fully appreciate just how much the feds love making rules and telling everyone how they should live. After all, they went to an Ivy League school and know what's best for you.

JackD

JackD

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Sep 16, 2010
Tell me what you think, but I think they removed the mask mandate is because it was there knee jerk reaction to the power water crisis. The government wanted to stop being told how bad they did and had to borrow power from Mexico and surrounding.

based on our numbers from The vaccine distribution, only 7 million have been vaccinated in Texas. Will be interesting to see how this experiment turns out for Texas. I know most businesses will still require masks.

Tomas Payne

Tomas Payne

VIP Member
Jul 29, 2014
Yay!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tomas Payne

Tomas Payne

VIP Member
Jul 29, 2014
Raves? They were into deep progressive house

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bigtex

Bigtex

VIP Member
Aug 14, 2012
IMO, states should get rid of blanket rules for their entire state, and let those decisions be made at the county or city level. A state like TX or CA is extremely diverse from county to county with respect to their population density, economy, etc. Rules that may make sense in one county are downright silly for another county.

Plus, when the rules get pushed down to the local level, those making the rules are held to account more from their constituents, so it reduces the amount of arbitrariness in the rules. If a county commissioner is worried about arbitrary rules ruining their chance of re-election, they are much more careful. And that's a good thing.

The Feds are worried that the states that completely re-open will show similar stats than the closed states, and that will put more pressure on the Feds to butt out. It's hard to fully appreciate just how much the feds love making rules and telling everyone how they should live. After all, they went to an Ivy League school and know what's best for you.

That is exactly what Texas has done. The left completely lost their minds over this and have blown it up into Texas killing people. REDICULOUS. There are lots of towns with <1000 people and have never had a case of covid. They do not need to be under the same rules at Houston or Dallas. I can promise, nothing here in Houston will change this Wednesday that was not already happening last week. We will all be wearing the same masks in the same places. Stores have not changed their policies, nor have schools and colleges. I do think this will send business to Texas, Dana White is already considering moving MMA fights to Texas and tourism will also increase. These states with such intrusive governements will start losing business. Leadership in Houston and Dallas will also be under pressure come election time. The people in this country are all smart enough to do what is best for their own health. If you are afraid, just keep your mask on, wash your hands every 2 mintues and stay away from others.

MR. BMJ

MR. BMJ

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Sep 21, 2011
I went into a pizza joint this last week up in the mountains, and it was the first time in a year I didn't have to wear a mask...here in Cali. It was like having sex for the first time...lol. It was awesome, my beard didn't get jacked up from a mask for once:D I left them a big tip, just because. It was my birthday, and I went for a long drive to get out of the house and ended up in the mountains where I love this pizza joint, so I walked in with my mask on, and everybody had their's off....I took it off immediately, and enjoyed my stay. I actually had one older lady tell me how much she liked my beard.

The beauty of the Texas stance is that you can wear one still if you want to....or demand that customers wear on if you are a business owner. It gives people the choice to go somewhere or not, depending on their own beliefs on safety. If you are a mask hugger, then you don't have to go anywhere they are not enforcing a mask mandate:cool:

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic