Latest Member
pbtom
What's New?

Texas is opening back up

MorganKane

MorganKane

VIP Member
Nov 12, 2012
Almost been a year since the lockdown started.
Saw Carl Cox at Stereo Live March 13. Best set ever.
He came on around midnight, was supposed to play a few hours but played until 5am or something like that.

Gov. Greg Abbott announced the end of the statewide mask mandate Tuesday.

He also announced that businesses can open at 100 percent capacity March 10. In a speech to the Lubbock Chamber of Commerce, Abbott declared that "state mandates are no longer needed" following relatively promising COVID-19 numbers over the last few days.

R

rawdeal

TID Board Of Directors
Nov 29, 2013
Hard to tell what's related to what in politics. Abbott and other authorities in TX recently caught some shit about what happened with their power grid. He may be making decisions he will stick with, or else just doing anything he can to deflect .

I expect the same behavior from Gov. Cuomo in NYS now that he's catching shit from female employees. What they say/do this week may or may not be what what they say/do next week ... but it will be more about their best interests than ours.

MR. BMJ

MR. BMJ

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Sep 21, 2011
Well, out here in the country of California, we have the dictator Newscum, and I doubt we'll be headed in a positive direction. Our kids might actually start going back to school soon.

I'm happy to hear that Texas and Mississippi are opening up all the way.

FlyingDragon

FlyingDragon

VIP Member
Nov 4, 2010
Carl Cox retired months ago.....

MorganKane

MorganKane

VIP Member
Nov 12, 2012
Well, out here in the country of California, we have the dictator Newscum, and I doubt we'll be headed in a positive direction. Our kids might actually start going back to school soon.

I'm happy to hear that Texas and Mississippi are opening up all the way.

My son has been in school since october.
The first 6 weeks of the fall semester was remote learning for all then after that we had a choice.
He wanted back to school and so did we.

FlyingDragon

FlyingDragon

VIP Member
Nov 4, 2010
Maybe he retired from making new music.....These guys announce retirement and then months later come out of retirement for $$$

I have seen tour schedules for 2021 but on his website the 2021 events page is not coming up so not sure what the status is.

Bigtex

Bigtex

VIP Member
Aug 14, 2012
Texas is at a 3.3% positivity rate as of March 1st. I think most of us here agree that we hate masks and are not accepting any "new normal." Seem though by removing the state order and leaving it up to idiots like we have running Houston and Harris County nothing will change. Every day I go to work I see lines and lines of cars waiting in line to get a vaccine at one of our stadium parking lots. Houston got 12 million doses of the new vaccine just two days ago. People that want the vaccine are getting them. I agree its time to move on. If people are that scared, they can wear a mask for the rest of their lives. But that decision needs to be left up to individuals, not the government.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic