Latest Member
RalfKelleh
What's New?

Testosterone

LITTLEMAGS

LITTLEMAGS

VIP Member
Nov 1, 2010
Exactly. I'm 58 and prescribed 200mg cyp/wk which keeps me in the 500-700 range which is within the normal range for my age and makes my doc happy.
Thing is numbers don't always tell the whole story. Just because you're within a" range" , doesn't mean you feel good at those numbers. I still feel like a slug at those numbers, so I supplement an additional 100mg/wk on my own. For me, 300mg/wk is just a being able to function dose.
Agree with this. My dr trt dose is 200mg weekly and feel ok and keeps me at 720-800 range. I find I need to be very very vigilant with diet and everything else just to be right.

Kluso

Kluso

VIP Member
Oct 30, 2022
Most people say 500 mg per week, do you think going lower like 400 could be better? Also at what point would the dose be too low to not benefit from
Like others have said. It will depend on your body. If your average responder, 400mg would be plenty for a cycle. Imo it’s gonna depend on what mg per ml of test u have. Just take two ml per week for 10-12 weeks your fist cycle. Nothing else. If the test is dosed at 200mg per/ml then that will be 400mg a week. If it’s dosed at 250mg per/ml that will be 500mg per week. Just keep it simple. I see guys trying to dose 400mg per week with 250mg test. Good luck at guessing which line to use on the syringe. I mean U can figure that out but I almost never get exactly how much I want in the syringe anyways. It doesn’t have to be perfect.

And honestly 250-300mg may be plenty for first run. Depending on your age. If you’re over 35 I would actually start with something like 300mg per week. Should be plenty and have less risk of side effects.

Ogre717

Ogre717

TID Official Lab Rat
Jul 22, 2011
Really, everyone would be able to give more recommendations, specific to your needs, if you gave more information about yourself. Age, height, weight, build, fitness level, diet & supplements, aas history, current training, TRAINING HISTORY & GOALS, etc..

genetic freak

genetic freak

VIP Member
Dec 28, 2015
Exactly. I'm 58 and prescribed 200mg cyp/wk which keeps me in the 500-700 range which is within the normal range for my age and makes my doc happy.
Thing is numbers don't always tell the whole story. Just because you're within a" range" , doesn't mean you feel good at those numbers. I still feel like a slug at those numbers, so I supplement an additional 100mg/wk on my own. For me, 300mg/wk is just a being able to function dose.
Very true.

Another thing I want to add. You could end up with a total testosterone of 700 and feel great as well, because your free test is high. While you can also have a total testosterone of 1000, but feel like crap, because your free test is low. In that case, you have other issues to address.

CFM

CFM

National Breast Implant Awareness Month Squeezer
Mar 18, 2012
GF is right about 'responders'. Not sure if its blood type thing, but I am running 120mg/week and my ng/dl is 1159. I've worked with guys running 500mgs/week with their ng/dl about 1500. We all have to start somewhere and its taken most of us years and even decades to figure it out.

I would start low with a real TRT dose and test blood 45 days in. Going up in mgs always works best as going down will leave you forever wanting the Superman Effect.

JackD

JackD

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Sep 16, 2010
Everyone is always different, at 100 or 200 a week I feel the same. Usually still tired and energy is okay, but my blood test levels are 600 to 700. If I kick it to 300 a week I feel amazing and energy level is up and workouts are improved but no dr will give 300 a week just as an fyi. Anyways good luck on finding out your levels.

genetic freak

genetic freak

VIP Member
Dec 28, 2015
GF is right about 'responders'. Not sure if its blood type thing, but I am running 120mg/week and my ng/dl is 1159. I've worked with guys running 500mgs/week with their ng/dl about 1500. We all have to start somewhere and its taken most of us years and even decades to figure it out.

I would start low with a real TRT dose and test blood 45 days in. Going up in mgs always works best as going down will leave you forever wanting the Superman Effect.
It is the genetic variation of the PDE7B gene. The different alleles can serve as a catalyst or stunt hydrolysis of the test esters. I don't have the article anymore, but it showed the efficiency of each allele and depending on your heritage what allele you were most likely to have. I only remember that around 60% of Asians have the most efficient allele.

H

hypertrophyshakra

Dec 18, 2022
Really, everyone would be able to give more recommendations, specific to your needs, if you gave more information about yourself. Age, height, weight, build, fitness level, diet & supplements, aas history, current training, TRAINING HISTORY & GOALS, etc..
I'm, 6"2 roughly 265, I'm 31 years of Age I'm have a lot of muscle but everything needs a lot of work. I need more mass And I need to burn more fat. I eat pretty clean and I eat a lot, throughout the day. My goals are getting huge, and strong and get to a decent body fat percentage. And I don't know what it is now but I can definitely tell you guys i have a lot of work to do.

H

hypertrophyshakra

Dec 18, 2022
I'm, 6"2 roughly 265, I'm 31 years of Age I'm have a lot of muscle but everything needs a lot of work. I need more mass And I need to burn more fat. I eat pretty clean and I eat a lot, throughout the day. My goals are getting huge, and strong and get to a decent body fat percentage. And I don't know what it is now but I can definitely tell you guys i have a lot of work to

H

hypertrophyshakra

Dec 18, 2022
I'm on 250 mg of sustanon right now. But split dose Monday and Thursday. Goin on week 2.

R

rawdeal

TID Board Of Directors
Nov 29, 2013

I'm on 250 mg of sustanon right now. But split dose Monday and Thursday. Goin on week 2.
Depending on how accurately dosed your sustanon is, what you're doing ( may be ) a little more than what some doctors and some of us older farts call "trt," but it's reasonably close to what CFM is advising.
Better to start low and go up after you learn what your body thinks about all this ... judging from blood work and how you feel. Not saying you won't eventually go up, but starting too high too fast might be something you'd regret.

You'll know more a bit after "going on week 2" ;)

Ogre717

Ogre717

TID Official Lab Rat
Jul 22, 2011
I'm, 6"2 roughly 265, I'm 31 years of Age I'm have a lot of muscle but everything needs a lot of work. I need more mass And I need to burn more fat. I eat pretty clean and I eat a lot, throughout the day. My goals are getting huge, and strong and get to a decent body fat percentage. And I don't know what it is now but I can definitely tell you guys i have a lot of work to do.
I think before diving into the world of testosterone, you should get your diet and training in order. Sustanon isn't magic

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic