Members
Latest Member
pbtom
What's New?

Testosterone Replacement for life

A

ags4824

Jan 30, 2013
My Endocrinologist put me on test cyp due to levels being under 300. He told me this is something I would be on for the rest of my life. Dont know if I should be worried or not? Im 37yrs old an want to know the good and bad about being on TRT any help would be much appreciated.

crowman

crowman

MuscleHead
Nov 2, 2011
Endo put me on test cyp due to levels being under 300. He told me this is something I would be on for the rest of my life. Dont know if I should be worried or not? Im 37yrs old an want to know the good and bad about being on TRT any help would be much appreciated.

There is 1k articles on here for you to read about TRT. Only you can decide if your happy or not with the outcome.

JackD

JackD

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Sep 16, 2010
TRT is for some, but not all, some actually prefer to be miserable and not use medication, however, not having normal testosterone levels hurts you in the long run every day as you get older. There are like croman said 1000's of article on TRT about the pros and cons of not being on TRT.

It would be a life long choice, and honestly i've been on TRT for a while, and actually prefer my life on the medication compared to the quality of life before. You have your choice of medications to use as well. However, most opt for the Test Cyp injections every week as they keep levels stable, and you don't risk transferring medication to others like creams or gels do.

But do your research, being on testosterone replacement is only bringing your levels to an acceptable consistent level.

Littleguy

Littleguy

TID Board Of Directors
Sep 30, 2011
I would inject DIRECTLY into the side of my cock rather than run around with a test level of 300....................sust sayin':eek:

Braw16

Braw16

MuscleHead
Aug 8, 2012
TRT is for some, but not all, some actually prefer to be miserable and not use medication, however, not having normal testosterone levels hurts you in the long run every day as you get older. There are like croman said 1000's of article on TRT about the pros and cons of not being on TRT.

It would be a life long choice, and honestly i've been on TRT for a while, and actually prefer my life on the medication compared to the quality of life before. You have your choice of medications to use as well. However, most opt for the Test Cyp injections every week as they keep levels stable, and you don't risk transferring medication to others like creams or gels do.

But do your research, being on testosterone replacement is only bringing your levels to an acceptable consistent level.

I agree with him a 100% I'm 38 and just started it about 6 months ago and I won't ever look back. I read and did my research and for me this is the best thing. Don't take TRT as a negative because it is not it will make you feel better.

rumbletumble

rumbletumble

Feb 25, 2012
Last year, I had a thorough physical and my test levels were 162 at 39yrs. old. My physician would only do injects every 11 days; so I opted for the cream from a compounding pharmacist. I took it 3 months and I went from 235lbs. to 260lbs, I didn't have the money to get my bloodwork done after 3 months, still don't, and am sitting at 250lbs. right now. I wish I had the money/insurance to get back on, but I want to test injects every 7 days not 11. rt...

A

ags4824

Jan 30, 2013
I guess thats why you call yourself littleguy!

A

ags4824

Jan 30, 2013
He also put me on at 500mg a week, is that a high dose to be on for a nb????

jhotsauce7

jhotsauce7

TID Board Of Directors
Jan 18, 2011
Seems high... I have heard of docs prescribing cyp at 250-300mg/ew. Doc must like you.

I

Illtemper

Jan 16, 2013
Last year, I had a thorough physical and my test levels were 162 at 39yrs. old. My physician would only do injects every 11 days; so I opted for the cream from a compounding pharmacist. I took it 3 months and I went from 235lbs. to 260lbs, I didn't have the money to get my bloodwork done after 3 months, still don't, and am sitting at 250lbs. right now. I wish I had the money/insurance to get back on, but I want to test injects every 7 days not 11. rt...

Look up privatemedlabs.com. You can order the female panel for $50 and get all the numbers you need.. Sometimes you'll get a 15% off discount code when you sign up.. Well worth the money to keep in eye on things.

nychris

nychris

MuscleHead
Oct 12, 2012
500mg/week is not TRT, that's a cycle! An actual TRT dosage that will keep your T levels in the normal range is anywhere from 70-200mg/week. If you want to read up on the cutting edge TRT techniques, read Dr. Crislers's stuff. Check out the TRT articles he's written on this site below. You can also visit with him, but he doesn't take insurance and is expensive.

http://www.allthingsmale.com/publications.html

J

Jixer2013

Feb 20, 2013
Im 31 and my levels are are crap. Multiple test ran and no answer to why. My tes is 48 and my free tes is 4. Doc put me on 200mg EOW and my levels havent came up at all. My level to begin with was 147 and after 3months went to 48. the free tes started at 6 and went to 4. Any help would be greatful

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic