Members
Latest Member
RalfKelleh
What's New?

Testosterone cream/Androgel/Testim benefits thereof vs injectables

Dmaipa

Dmaipa

Sep 14, 2010
I consider Testosterone cream to be much superior to the Androgel/Testim variety and injectables. First off Androgel and Testim are a 1% solution alcohol based. The cost of Androgel is outrageous. For a month's supply it's like $500. Now same cream made from a compound pharmacy is $50. You get also get the cream made to your specifications and nice smelling. Androgel smells like vodka. In the cream I get a 7.5% solution per gram. Now the benefits of the cream I feel are greater than the injectables. First I get a steady influx of the T all day long as the skins acts as a depot. Second, I can actually control when my T levels are highest. This is done by strategically placing the cream on at a specific time each day. This means I can enter the gym with Blood Test levels at the highest point of the day. This ensures the best possible weight workout possible and unbelievable pump. Now proof is always in the pudding.

Blood test levels
T total 4554
Free T 950
Estrogen 64

Now why do I prefer the cream over the injectables. The injectables are to uncontrolled as allowing to much to enter the blood stream to fast. Then their is a higher level of amortization to estrogen among other things. Remember, Total T really means nothing. So much of it becomes bound to Sex hormone binding globulin that it is not biologically available to perform it's activities of protein synthesis on the muscle cells. That is why Free T truly is HORMONAL GOLD. Free T is unbound and does it's job.
My dose was 1 gram 7.5 % cream am/1 gram pm/25 mg clomid.

By the way. The makers of Androgel(Solvay pharmaceuticals are being sued for price fixing)those Bastards.

Also look at the cost of cream to Free T levels and it is only pennies.

macgyver

macgyver

TID Board Of Directors
Nov 24, 2011
Interesting. What carrier base are you using for the transderaml?

I used compounded cream for about a month (on HRT) and switched off the injections mainlyt due to fear of transmission to my kids.

SHINE

Friends Remembered
Oct 11, 2010
Notice in the study SHBG lowers at around 300mg of test injected Every week and keeps geting lower with the amount taken each week.
An increase in testosterone leads to a decrease in SHBG. When you take steroids, your shbg levels will drop quite a bit.

The creams however don't aromatize as much as test injects, Anastrazole will definitely be needed for most with the injections to keep estrogen under control.

Whatever your personal preference is & works for you.

Testosterone dose-response relationships in healthy young men

macgyver

macgyver

TID Board Of Directors
Nov 24, 2011
Notice in the study SHBG lowers at around 300mg of test injected Every week and keeps geting lower with the amount taken each week.
An increase in testosterone leads to a decrease in SHBG. When you take steroids, your shbg levels will drop quite a bit.

The creams however don't aromatize as much as test injects, Anastrazole will definitely be needed for most with the injections to keep estrogen under control.

Whatever your personal preference is & works for you.

Testosterone dose-response relationships in healthy young men

Thanks so much for the link. I printed off the whole article so I can bring it to my next Dr's appointment. I want to have it as back-up for justification for upping my dose on TRT. He has me on 100mg/week, and I am thinking it should be 150-175 from what I have gathered to get towards the top of the range.

My total was 600 prior to TRT but my free was only 7.8 with a scale of (8.5-25). My SHBG was high but my E2 was good at 25. I think I can justify a higher doseage to help drop SHBG and hopefully get some free test going.

Thank you again.

I cant wait to get this stuff all ironed out so at some point I can run my first "real" cycle.

B

BackInTheSaddle

Mar 4, 2012
Just curious- but can a compounded cream ever be as potent as an injectable? I am looking at starting my first cycle-- not sure where I'm ordering my stuff from, but if test cream can be as potent as injectable, that sounds way better and easier.. any feedback would be helpful.

macgyver

macgyver

TID Board Of Directors
Nov 24, 2011
Just curious- but can a compounded cream ever be as potent as an injectable? I am looking at starting my first cycle-- not sure where I'm ordering my stuff from, but if test cream can be as potent as injectable, that sounds way better and easier.. any feedback would be helpful.

Creams can get blood levels up there, but it can be different for individuals. Amounts of absorption can vary greatly with application areas....etc. It is very hard to know what you are getting. On HRT, you do bloodwork to zero in on your level.

With injectables you know how large a dose you are getting without a lot of guesswork.

Also with compounded creams there is the worry about transmission. I have young kids and this really freaked me out. (On hrt). I went to IM injections and it really is not bad. I had never done it before, and now do two week without issue.

SHINE

Friends Remembered
Oct 11, 2010

Depends on how many MG's of hormone you usualy run, Test is test but the thing is 100% of an inject is used in the body where you only get so much absorption with any cream.

IMO it's just alot easier to inject every few days than having to apply the damn creams every day.

B

BackInTheSaddle

Mar 4, 2012
thanks guys-- that is pretty much what i thought. with injectable, it seems much more precise where with creams/gels, it can rub off on clothes and stuff. Also anyone have on opinion of what type of test is most effective? I didn't know there were so many-- ethanthate, cypionate, propionate, and then combo mixes of like 4 different ones. For a first cycle, is there one that is best and has the least side effects (like hair loss or prostate problems)?

macgyver

macgyver

TID Board Of Directors
Nov 24, 2011
If you go over to the AAS cycle sub-forum there is a great sticky on beginner cycles. Lots of good info.

S

Snake

VIP Member
May 1, 2011
what sides and results you get from the different forms of test are variable from person to person...it really is all about what YOUR system likes best...some love cyp, while others retain too much water and get MOONFACE, lol...some love prop while others get sore as hell at the injection site...
experiment carefully and patiently..its part of the learning and part of the fun..

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic