Latest Member
Kiddorism
What's New?

Test Results

creekrat

creekrat

MuscleHead
Sep 9, 2012
My doc got me on TRT at age 29 with a total test of 316 ng/dL. Just need to find a doc that is past the fear of prescribing a steroid and knows the side effects of being low can be way worse in the long term.

Lizard King

Lizard King

Administrator
Staff Member
Sep 9, 2010
yeah just need the implant now. Since you don't use yours would you be a willing donor?
My doctor didn't even play with them, I feel cheated

JackD

JackD

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Sep 16, 2010
you need to let yours drop some more, eat some donuts, then go in when rock bottom.
The Dr here will prescribe based on all your symptoms.

my blood work came back similar
Total 193
LDL 120
HDL 56
Triglycerides 94
VLDL 17
LDL/HDL ratio 2.1

All fine except I got to get the LDL below 99.

To get you blood sugar and cholesterol back in check, take the Natural Metamucil twice a day.

Some good some bad, nothing crazy
Total - 203
Tris - 129
HDL - 45
LDL - 132
VLDL - 25

I rattled off every symptom of Low-T, he wouldn't bite. Also said my blood sugar looked a little high at 110, he wouldn't give me anything. Back to self prescribing :)

Lizard King

Lizard King

Administrator
Staff Member
Sep 9, 2010
I hate donuts, can I just deep fry a steak lol

T

tuffoldman2

Dec 30, 2020
My ratios were way off and my total was around 240. I have been taking Hawthorn Berries and Sea Buckthrone "Omega 7" for a year now and my total is 163 and my ratios are back in check and they NEVER are. Really made no other changes. Same cardio,.. same diet which changes from time to time.

Easy peasy

P

PeterJen

Jan 13, 2021
Well, I'm going to live another year according to my blood tests, sorry to disappoint you @Littleguy .....

Was trying to get put on TRT but my doc said my levels are fine, Total Test came back at 305, the didn't take free Test for some reason which pisses me off since I asked for it. Do you need to be below the 250 to be considered low or just have a doctor who is more willing to prescribe.

Of course, I am going to take what I want, but the MD sign off was more so I don't have to hear my wife say something lol
I had a worse results :(

midevil

midevil

TID Board Of Directors
Jan 20, 2011
I've never had my test levels checked because I'd have to come off lol...

Lipids are always stellar though ... I'm overdue to get checked. It'll interesting to see if the covid life has changed my typically stellar blood work profile.

gunslinger

gunslinger

VIP Member
Sep 19, 2010
A friend of mine got put on at a level of 315. Mine tested at 340 and I felt like hammered shit.

DieYoungStrong

DieYoungStrong

VIP Member
May 27, 2013
I got put on by an endo at 310.

Also - damn some of you guys and your high HDL's. Mines like 36 when I'm off everything. Damn genetics.

midevil

midevil

TID Board Of Directors
Jan 20, 2011

Also - damn some of you guys and your high HDL's. Mines like 36 when I'm off everything. Damn genetics.
that's it bro. Genetic makeup has as much or more to do with lipids profiles then your

My hdl was in that range as well and i was eating what we consider to be a stellar diet. the balance of my lipid profile was excellent but the ratio's of overall lipid heath needed the HDL # over 40 (pretty sure).

Eventually after years of eating clean (sick of it) i expanded my diet to include things I'd not eaten often. Fries, sweets, fried food ... all in moderation but more.

I was very curious how my lipid profile would change.

It improved. HDL was low 40's. Ratio was perfect overall in the high 130's - 40's

Ate the same for 2 more years and the second blood draw post diet adjustment improved again!

So what did that tell me? Cutting out some foods entirely ~vs~ moderation of overall diet worked better for me.

Point being .. maybe expand your diet .. change things up for a while and retest.

Pretty sure I still have copies around..

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic