pbtom
What's New?

Test Results

Lizard King

Lizard King

Administrator
Staff Member
Sep 9, 2010
Well, I'm going to live another year according to my blood tests, sorry to disappoint you @Littleguy .....

Was trying to get put on TRT but my doc said my levels are fine, Total Test came back at 305, the didn't take free Test for some reason which pisses me off since I asked for it. Do you need to be below the 250 to be considered low or just have a doctor who is more willing to prescribe.

Of course, I am going to take what I want, but the MD sign off was more so I don't have to hear my wife say something lol

Spongy

Spongy

Mar 18, 2012
Yup, 350 is normal according to the textbooks. I went in for bloodwork and came back at 167 and my primary care was like, "we can do 100mg every 2 weeks."

I know here local to me we have a ton of clinics that will prescribe at 350, and they accept insurance. any options like that for you?

ITAWOLF

ITAWOLF

VIP Member
Dec 9, 2010
my doc says below 200 but it maybe bc he knows im on the stuff-- outside what he gives
free is the key thou

Bro Bundy

Bro Bundy

MuscleHead
Nov 1, 2012
I felt like shit at 300 ,100 mg every 2 weeks gotta suck too

dk8594

dk8594

Apr 16, 2018
Most GPs will go by the range listed on the blood work. A clinic will go more by how you feel and an endocrinologist will be the most knowable overall (how you feel and what your numbers say)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Adrenolin

Adrenolin

Feb 14, 2013
Most GPs will go by the range listed on the blood work. A clinic will go more by how you feel and an endocrinologist will be the most knowable overall (how you feel and what your numbers say)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Came here to reiterate this. My old GP said 230ng/dL was normal at 30yo. Wouldn't even give me a referral to an endo.

My endo knows all about the recreational use and is cool with it as long as I ensure my bloods come back in range for my next visit.

jhotsauce7

jhotsauce7

TID Board Of Directors
Jan 18, 2011
Your doctor sounds like a jerk off. I think my last test prior to starting TRT was 212 but had tests around 300 before that. If you say you have symptoms of low t, they should treat the symptoms. I started off going to an endo after getting a referral from my GP but I had to jump thru a lot of hoops like get MRI of my pituitary and some other shit.

Littleguy

Littleguy

TID Board Of Directors
Sep 30, 2011
Well, I'm going to live another year according to my blood tests, sorry to disappoint you @Littleguy .....

Was trying to get put on TRT but my doc said my levels are fine, Total Test came back at 305, the didn't take free Test for some reason which pisses me off since I asked for it. Do you need to be below the 250 to be considered low or just have a doctor who is more willing to prescribe.

Of course, I am going to take what I want, but the MD sign off was more so I don't have to hear my wife say something lol

I am happy you are sticking around I LOVE you brother and would miss you like crazy and cry into my pillow every night if ever you leave my side.;):)
Now UP THE TEST and back to the smoker for you!:D

JackD

JackD

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Sep 16, 2010
@Lizard King glad you are going to be around. Don’t know who I’d pick on if you weren’t. Did he run your cholesterol? What are your numbers?

Lizard King

Lizard King

Administrator
Staff Member
Sep 9, 2010
@Lizard King glad you are going to be around. Don’t know who I’d pick on if you weren’t. Did he run your cholesterol? What are your numbers?
Some good some bad, nothing crazy
Total - 203
Tris - 129
HDL - 45
LDL - 132
VLDL - 25

I rattled off every symptom of Low-T, he wouldn't bite. Also said my blood sugar looked a little high at 110, he wouldn't give me anything. Back to self prescribing :)

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic