Threads
Members
Latest Member
Kiddorism
What's New?

Test Deca Cruise...

3084life

Mar 29, 2023
So I'm finishing up a cycle with test C, prop and NPP and I LOVE the joint relief and the strength maintenance in a -500 calorie diet. So I was wondering if anyone has any history with cruise doses of test/deca. I'm on a Dr prescribed TRT so after this I'll level back to those numbers but would love to keep the joints feeling good. Any info good, bad or indifferent would be helpful.

W

Wilson6

VIP Member
Dec 17, 2019
Combined ND and TC is becoming a fairly common form of HRT for that reason (joint pain relief). Empower pharmacy even makes a blend of ND/TC/TE, 60/70/70 mg/ml respectively. Total dose of 150 - 300 mg/wk max for HRT is usually what is prescribed, split dosing at least.

jawbreaker24

jawbreaker24

Apr 23, 2022
100mg deca along with trt was a nice spot for me, I got joint relief without the bloat.

When you say TRT I am assuming 125-150mg a week?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

S

searay

VIP Member
Dec 20, 2017
I thought deca was an aas that required higher calories to be fully effective. Never thought of it as a cutting drug unless it's just for joint therapy.

3084life

Mar 29, 2023
I thought deca was an aas that required higher calories to be fully effective. Never thought of it as a cutting drug unless it's just for joint therapy.
Its used to combat muscle wasting diseases so its perfect for maintaining muscle while in a deficit, it's what it was basically created for.

genetic freak

genetic freak

VIP Member
Dec 28, 2015
Never tried it, but I have heard a lot of the podcasters talking about it. The only issue I can recall any of them discussing was HCT/RBC, as even low dosed deca in some will cause elevated RBC. Just something to watch out for.

W

Wilson6

VIP Member
Dec 17, 2019
Never tried it, but I have heard a lot of the podcasters talking about it. The only issue I can recall any of them discussing was HCT/RBC, as even low dosed deca in some will cause elevated RBC. Just something to watch out for.
It tends to be a little more robust than test relative to erythropoesis mg for mg, but manageable if you stay on top of it. 100 mg or less shouldn't kick it up too much. If you're sensitive to it, either T or N or will do it.

W

Wilson6

VIP Member
Dec 17, 2019
This was from a 1991 paper. They didn't measure Hb/HCT and it probably would not have been long enough to see differing effects (both would have showed some increase). From this data set, 100 mg/wk had few adverse affects relative to SHBG, Apo A-I (HDL) or prolactin, not on this graphic (both 100 and 300 mg/wk). The ND clearly does not aromatize to the same extent as T, probably about 25% if that so if ND was exchanged in part with TC/TE, you would expect a decrease in E2.

In a male HIV study, 600 mg/wk of ND increased Hb about 1.0 g/dl in 12 weeks. Compared to Bhasin's study in younger men (20 weeks), 600 mg/wk of T increased Hb about the same 1.4 g/dl, in older men almost double that, so an age factor that most of us older guys know already based on personal experiences.

So in the end, adding a low dose of ND <100 mg/wk shouldn't blow up the Hb much more than adding more T, of course responses are individual and a more frequent phlebo schedule might be needed. If the reduction in joint pain is significant than the lower dose is probably worth it and shouldn't have any significant effects on SHBG, E2, HDL or prolactin.
T vs ND Freidl et al Table 2.jpg

maikolo

maikolo

Oct 28, 2022
Hold size and look after joints sounds like a win win to me

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

CFM

CFM

National Breast Implant Awareness Month Squeezer
Mar 18, 2012
All comes down to CBC/ GFR.

Who is viewing this thread?