Latest Member
Rolanalon
What's New?

Tennis Elbow Prevention/Therapy

DLTH

DLTH

VIP Member
Oct 30, 2011
I've got it and it's only getting worse.

Mindlesswork

Mindlesswork

Crusty Poo Butt
Sep 21, 2010
I find skullcrushers and db hammer curls tend to aggravate my elbows so I have stopped doing them often. Sometimes wearing elbow wraps do help a bit as well. For getting the pain down I use icy-hot gel

ketsugo

ketsugo

MuscleHead
Sep 10, 2011
You need to train your forearms at least light in order to prevent the issues with elbows . I used to battle torn medial and lateral epicondylitis on both arms until I started doing few sets at end of my arm workout and when they were inflamed I began my arms with firearms so I could lift without pain. The tendons in that area are thick and if you are prone to injury then you need to streghnthening them and promote circulation - I do forearms with dumbell or cable I found a gym with a multi forearm machine where I can hit it flexor /extensor or rotary - I also practice sword and Filipino Kali where we do much rotary moves which at times I can warm up slowly to help or the overuse contributes - it all depends on your life but exercise can injure and the very same move can heal- just look at PT the bull with PT using 5lb weights usually is geared to elderly or no active peeps. You are stronger than average so your PT whether you seek professional or do on your own need heavier weight in order to reacquaint yourself with a weight routine later

H

heavy hitter

Oct 7, 2013
Look into some voodoo floss from rogue. the shit is amazing and has done great things for my tennis elbow. It got rid of my plantar fasciitis as well

PillarofBalance

PillarofBalance

Strength Pimp
Feb 27, 2011
Look into some voodoo floss from rogue. the shit is amazing and has done great things for my tennis elbow. It got rid of my plantar fasciitis as well

Good tip bro thanks. BrotherIron and I have been talking about this stuff... How did you use it for the plantar fasciitis?

H

heavy hitter

Oct 7, 2013
basically wrapped by starting under the plantar area and wrapping up the ankle really tight and then manually manipulating the ankle and foot as well as walking around on it and stretching the achilles area. i would recommend wearing socks at least the first few times as the shearing forces can be pretty painful on the skin. if you just want to try it out without buying one you can cut up a bike tube. but i cant recommend this stuff enough. ive also seen new growth from my right bicep that has some scar tissue buildup since i started using it. it breaks up scar tissue like nobodys business

H

heavy hitter

Oct 7, 2013
the best (and by best i mean most painful) for tennis elbow is put a small marble or something directly on the hot spot then wrap the voodoo floss over it and then work the elbow through different ranges of motion. extremely painfull and youll have some broken blood vessels. but the relief i get from it is nearly instant

BrotherIron

BrotherIron

VIP Member
Mar 6, 2011
basically wrapped by starting under the plantar area and wrapping up the ankle really tight and then manually manipulating the ankle and foot as well as walking around on it and stretching the achilles area. i would recommend wearing socks at least the first few times as the shearing forces can be pretty painful on the skin. if you just want to try it out without buying one you can cut up a bike tube. but i cant recommend this stuff enough. ive also seen new growth from my right bicep that has some scar tissue buildup since i started using it. it breaks up scar tissue like nobodys business

It's funny you mentioned the bike tube. I had read that and will be trying that out first but it does sound promising.

PillarofBalance

PillarofBalance

Strength Pimp
Feb 27, 2011
Awesome info HeavyHitter... I was skeptical about it, but think I'm just going to order it from Rogue... Thanks!

H

heavy hitter

Oct 7, 2013
its well worth the money. i think theyre only like 25 bucks. ive never tried the heavy duty red one, but honestly i couldn't see the need for it. the regular black one is agonizing if done properly. works great for knees too. just wrap it over or under the patella and get squatting.
Here's a video link for how to do the elbow. the video is partner assisted, but you can easily do this yourself by holding on to a stable upright with your wrapped arm and using your free arm to manipulate the elbow joint
http://www.mobilitywod.com/2012/04/...n-you-dont-really-play-golf-or-tennis-do-you/

H

heavy hitter

Oct 7, 2013
anyone interested in mobility work should really check out kelley starett's site mobilitywod.com. some of the videos you do have to be a paying member to view, but if you scroll back a couple pages there are tons of free archived videos

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic