Latest Member
pbtom
What's New?

Tennis elbow fix

HDH

HDH

TID Board Of Directors
Sep 30, 2011
If anyone struggles with tendonitis this is the only thing I've found that doesn't take it forever to heal. I first used it several years ago after having it for longer than I care to say. I was searching through boards and the general internet I didn't know what else to do besides take a few weeks off.

I ran across this and decided to give it a try. Here is a stock pic-

1635580356521.png

It improved by 75% in the first week and was nearly gone by a week and a half. I couldn't believe that shit. It happened about a year and a half later and it knocked it out faster since I didn't let it get bad.

It goes around your forearm directly under the elbow. It has an air cushion that puts better pressure on the area. I found it's best to take the time to get it adjusted correctly in the beginning. Too much pressure and it will make it more sore as the hours pass, not enough pressure and it won't heal/heal fast.

Good shit though if anyone runs into this problem.

C

C T J

Crossfit VIP
Jan 24, 2013
What fixed mine every time is banded tricep pushdowns but not like a normal pushdown where you are focusing on the muscle. These are performed quickly and snappy focusing on the elbow. 100 reps 3x a week.

Stickler

Stickler

VIP Member
Oct 28, 2010
If anyone struggles with tendonitis this is the only thing I've found that doesn't take it forever to heal. I first used it several years ago after having it for longer than I care to say. I was searching through boards and the general internet I didn't know what else to do besides take a few weeks off.

View attachment 11970

It improved by 75% in the first week and was nearly gone by a week and a half. I couldn't believe that shit. It happened about a year and a half later and it knocked it out faster since I didn't let it get bad.

It goes around your forearm directly under the elbow. It has an air cushion that puts better pressure on the area. I found it's best to take the time to get it adjusted correctly in the beginning. Too much pressure and it will make it more sore as the hours pass, not enough pressure and it won't heal/heal fast.

I'm definitely giving it a try. Did you work out with it on, leave it on 24/7 or take off when sleeping, or just rest for how long?

I've adjusted my workouts to a LOT of cables as a workaround, but certain dumbell movements and other forearm exercises hurt and I'm weak on certain movements.

Reactions: HDH
HDH

HDH

TID Board Of Directors
Sep 30, 2011
I'm definitely giving it a try. Did you work out with it on, leave it on 24/7 or take off when sleeping, or just rest for how long?

I've adjusted my workouts to a LOT of cables as a workaround, but certain dumbell movements and other forearm exercises hurt and I'm weak on certain movements.
I didn't work out like normal. Anything that uses "grip" would just prolong it, even a slight grip. I even used hand hooks for traps and deads. I used machines with open hands for everything I could.

Keep in mind about the adjustable air cushion, too much and it hurts, too little and it doesn't heal as fast.

Man, I can't remember if I left it on all the time or not. I would keep it on as much as possible though. It may say it on the box.

Stickler

Stickler

VIP Member
Oct 28, 2010
I didn't work out like normal. Anything that uses "grip" would just prolong it, even a slight grip. I even used hand hooks for traps and deads. I used machines with open hands for everything I could.

Keep in mind about the adjustable air cushion, too much and it hurts, too little and it doesn't heal as fast.

Man, I can't remember if I left it on all the time or not. I would keep it on as much as possible though. It may say it on the box.
Damn, my elbow is aching just thinking about hitting the gym. Lol. Fuck

HDH

HDH

TID Board Of Directors
Sep 30, 2011
Damn, my elbow is aching just thinking about hitting the gym. Lol. Fuck
It sounds like it would be best to take off for a week or two first if it's at that point.

Btcowboy

Btcowboy

MuscleHead
Apr 17, 2022
What fixed mine every time is banded tricep pushdowns but not like a normal pushdown where you are focusing on the muscle. These are performed quickly and snappy focusing on the elbow. 100 reps 3x a week.
2nd this, I have also dome shockwave therapy as well as IMS with some success

JackD

JackD

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Sep 16, 2010
I might have to try that. I’ve been getting some pain when I do lat pull downs, or reverse my grip. It’s not bad yet, but trying to get squared away.

Has anyone used the Sports Gyro Exerciser? I used that before for forearm stuff and it makes a huge difference.

ogre

ogre

VIP Member
Dec 18, 2016
Yep.I swear by these.I use them often.Lately I have been getting tendenitis on the inside of the elbow and yes they help that too just spin it around and get that cushion on the inside.I only wear it while doing work or lifts.I have wrenched a lot of pipe over the years so my elbows have taken a beating.

Last edited:
Stickler

Stickler

VIP Member
Oct 28, 2010

1635580356521.png

I MUST THANK YOU!

I have just started back at the gym after 6-8 weeks off and major tendinitis. Restrictions on hammer curls and even lat pull-downs, and some other movements. Both arms get a little sore, but the left is weak as shit because of the pain.

I bought the Walgreens version of this fucking thing for $25 (only trying 1 for now at that cost).

Today I did MAJOR lawn work. Hand dug out 3 shrubs and 2 trees (well.. weeds that turned into 3 inch trunks with major tree lime roots) and felt ZERO PAIN.

I'm a little achy now, but basically once I took a major break fatigue set in on my left forearm and grip.

Buy i killed it today. Digging out the roots, stumps, and shoveling. No pain.

Can't thank you enough for this simple solution. I look forward to trying it at the gym.
--
ONE QUESTION: If I'm wearing this for support, am I still susceptible to further injury even though I'm not feeling it?
(*I more than likely already know the answer to this, but hoping for an honest yet different answer. Lol)

Stickler

Stickler

VIP Member
Oct 28, 2010
Next day follow: My forearm is sore as fuck. lol. I gotta learn to find middle ground when working hard. It's either lazy as shit or balls to the wall.

Then again, no middle ground is what us folks are all about.

BrotherIron

BrotherIron

VIP Member
Mar 6, 2011
A long term fix and not a band-aid is flossing your elbow and working your extensors. Most have it from overworking their flexors. The floss will help get new nutrients to the area and clear the crap.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic