Members
Latest Member
Kiddorism
What's New?

Tendinitis!!!!

S

savage50

Sep 6, 2011
Anyone have any suggestions on how to help rehab this? I had severe tendinitis this summer, and it has slowly gone away...I stopped training and began use the Band-It for my forearm...the pain is gone and I resumed training, but it is still not 100% and I can feel it when it gets inflamed a little. All I want is to have this problem fully healed...any suggestions?

Dex

Dex

VIP Member
Mar 30, 2011
Warm it up really really well before any lifts. I would put something like icey hot on my elbows. Then after you lift take an anti inflammatory and ice it.

T

TheLawnJanitor

ICE will be your best tool.
Some supplements that I use personally for joint issues.
Glucosamine/MSM
Boswellia
Cissus
Bromelaine
Fish Oils with at least 900 mg of EPA DHA
Extra Vit C

I dont use Turmeric but many people do as well.

Where is the tendonitis specifically for you?

BrotherIron

BrotherIron

VIP Member
Mar 6, 2011
Some "red hot" or "screaming toast" will help you alot. It rushes blood into the area which will help warm up the area and keep it feeling better while you train. And of course, really warm it up before you lift and take an anti inflam when you're done.

AllTheWay

AllTheWay

TID Lady Member
Mar 17, 2011
What were you doing to cause the tendonitis? As in what lifts were you performing that inflammed the tendon? It is very easy for tendon issues to become chronic because there is poor blood supply to the tendons and they dont heal back with the same fiber type and are therefore weaker and more prone to reinjury. As already stated warm up well. Use topical linaments. Also look at your training routine and see if you need to balance out certain muscle groups. Also there are varying exercises that will work the same muscle but decrease tension on the tendon.

SHINE

Friends Remembered
Oct 11, 2010
I have to humbly say cissus is better than I thought, I know of guy that has some realy good stuff that is alot stronger per cap than your crap sup companies.

jandj0821

jandj0821

VIP Member
Jul 7, 2011
I rub the wrist to elbows down with liniments all the time. BB wrist curls, do well to stretch out the tendons below the muscles. I get a deep tissue message every month and she will focus on the forarms arm up to the delts to releive alot of the stress in there. I would also constantly through out the day pull each finger back and stretch them out. u will fell a big defference.

SHINE

Friends Remembered
Oct 11, 2010
Animal just posted this thought I'd steal it and post it here! good stuff is right .
One TNFa inhib is Nettle root or leaf (that's a debate) and ginger.

Cissus quadrangularis is a good one to help with tendonitis.

GreenMedInfo (link below) contains 339 articles on Tumor Necrosis Factor (TNF) Alpha Inhibitor agents such as Curcumin, Resveratrol, and Omega-3 Fatty Acids.

The herb Cat’s claw (Uncaria tomentosa) is a “remarkably potent inhibitor” of TNF-alpha production.8 It is a widely used herbal remedy for inflammatory conditions such as arthritis. In one study,8 researchers found that in cell culture (using mouse macrophages), LPS increased TNF-alpha in the culture medium from 3 to 97 ng/ml. Cat’s claw suppressed TNF-alpha production by 65–85%, but (the paper reports) “at concentrations considerably lower than its antioxidant activity: freeze-dried EC50 = 1.2 ng/ml, micropulverized EC50 = 28 ng/ml.”

Glycine is a nutrient amino acid that was shown to reduce TNF-alpha production in response to LPS in monocytes from healthy human donors.9 In the same study, glycine also increased the expression of IL-10, an important anti-inflammatory cytokine. The authors9 also reported that glycine has been shown to protect against endotoxin shock (in the early phase) by inhibiting TNF-alpha production.

Both quercetin and resveratrol have been reported to attenuate TNF-alpha-mediated inflammation and insulin resistance in human adipocytes (fat cells), with quercetin being equally or more effective than resveratrol.10

Other natural inhibitors of TNF-alpha release or production include xanthohumol (a component of hops),11 fish oil (in a study of peripheral blood mononuclear cells of healthy men),12 and the opioid antagonist naltrexone,13 to name a few.
Tumor Necrosis Factor (TNF) Alpha Inhibitor | GreenMedInfo | Pharmacological Action | Natural Medicine | Alternative Medicine | Integrative Medicine

ItalianMuscle

ItalianMuscle

Drama Queen senior Vip
Sep 1, 2010
I had it really bad in my right forearm near my bicep. I used celebrex and iced it 3-4x day for 20 minutes, for 3 weeks. Only bad thing is, you cant lift anything with that arm. Dont use heat either.. It cured mine, and it hasnt come back since..

doug

doug

Nov 1, 2010
I've had severe tendonitis (tennis elbow) in my right forearm. I had to take off ALL lighting since October 1, 2011. I have had physical therapy and taken Alleve every day. The break from lifting has helped, as of today, there is very little pain in my forearm. Lateral raises for delts is what really caused the pain. When I get back into training, I wlll not do another lat raise again.

PillarofBalance

PillarofBalance

Strength Pimp
Feb 27, 2011
I've had severe tendonitis (tennis elbow) in my right forearm. I had to take off ALL lighting since October 1, 2011. I have had physical therapy and taken Alleve every day. The break from lifting has helped, as of today, there is very little pain in my forearm. Lateral raises for delts is what really caused the pain. When I get back into training, I wlll not do another lat raise again.

When you do them, don't wrap your thumb around the bar of the dumbbell. Thats how I worked around my tennis elbow. I managed to get rid of it without skipping any workouts. I had to cut out some other exercises though like chins - those were the worst. And instead of barbell presses, I switched to dumbbells as it was safer to use a suicide grip. Its all about the thumb.

M

mfer

Nov 28, 2011
working through it now!

I have been dealing with this for over a week. Took a couple days off and iced and heated,with the help of some anti inflammatories and vicodin I'm pushing through but still in pain after the workout. I have noticed not gripping with thumbs helps greatly. Any other tips welcomed.
Mike

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic