1. onedieselboy

onedieselboy VIP Member

Jan 18, 2012
    Does anybody know the weight classes for the Masters Bodybuilding? I am aware of the age classes. I know it is different from the standard open weight categories.

2. Mike_RN

Mike_RN Senior Moderators Staff Member

Aug 13, 2013
    Masters are subject to how many guys show up. Usually broken up into Light and Heavy but I have seen Middles too (especially in the over 35s). The typical year is done Light & Heavy with 176(top of MW) being the cutoff for light.

Masters Over-35 Men’s Bodybuilding Light, Middle & Heavy Masters Over-40 Men’s Bodybuilding Usually just Light and Heavy
    Masters Over-50 Men’s Bodybuilding Usually one open class.

3. onedieselboy

onedieselboy VIP Member

Jan 18, 2012
    thanks for info Mike, so I'm assuming heavy is everything 198 and above? And pro cards for winners in each class? I'll probably be doing over 40 and over 35...

4. gotclen

gotclen VIP Member

Oct 20, 2011
    What I find interesting about Team U several years ago I found out they
    Don't "test" the master division. I believe because the masters don't get invited
    To go to the Worlds Competition. Only the open " Natural" weight class get to go
    Represent Team USA.

So more and more dudes that could not get pro cards at our few pro qualifying shows
    Had one more show they could get a card at.

Good Luck One D
    Gc

5. Meathead.

Meathead. VIP Member

Apr 1, 2011
    I was at last years Team U and I believe I only saw 3 total classes for masters

Inama likes this.