Latest posts

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest Member
lk has no balls
What's New?

T3 Rise of the Machines! Need some solid advice from you T3 lovers, please.

V

Vick

MuscleHead
Jun 13, 2012
I've always been able to control my body fat but at almost 36 it's not as easy as it use. I've always stayed away from T3 because that's one thing I didn't want to see the endocrinologist for, but now I say fuck it. Just wondering what the tips and tricks are as far as dosing, timing, duration, stacks, ect. I'm 5'10 199 lbs 15% b/f with calipers. I've never been 6% and I just wanna see it once, so help me get there.

Last edited:
PillarofBalance

PillarofBalance

Strength Pimp
Feb 27, 2011
I hadn't thought of this when we last spoke, but maybe you should get some bloodwork first to make sure your thyroid is where it should be. There are some supps you can add to boost its natural ability as well such as iodine, selenium and I think Chromium. Talk to SHINE he knows the thyroid business pretty well.

V

Vick

MuscleHead
Jun 13, 2012
Oh I did after my PCT before I started the D. Pretty much everything on the low side but normal.

SHINE

Friends Remembered
Oct 11, 2010
Oh I did after my PCT before I started the D. Pretty much everything on the low side but normal.

so you had high TSH but low T-4 and T-3 in other words.

Sub-clinical hypothyroidism is common during PCT and a week or two after.

Estrogen will lower thyroid output the worst, reason I advise everyone to keep estrogen undercontrol if your not going to use T-3 with a cycle.
also in some, Androgens have been shown to decrease levels of thyroxine-binding globulin, resulting in decreased total T4 serum levels and increased resin uptake of T3 and T4. (tren is really bad about that)

IF you use T-4 and just want to do hrt than
The average replacement dose of T4 in adults is approximately 1.6 mcg per kg of body weight per day (112 mcg per day in a 70-kg adult). You can convert from lbs to kg by multiplying your weight by 0.45.

I usually use T-4 150mcg ed for regular HRT or bulking cycles, IF your wanting to cut body fat than of course T-3 is better.

Most like the T-3 ramp up, I just use 25mcg ed one week and go up to 50mcg for a few weeks, works fine. (the ramp down is pointless)

Like POB said load up on Tyrosine, Iodine and Selenium to fuel your natural thyroid PCT after T-3 use.

Zomb131

Zomb131

MuscleHead
Jan 31, 2011
I'm on t3 24/7. 50mcg's daily keeps me burning on tren and GH.

Start with a replacement dose of 25mcg, and possibly increase to 50mcg. I wouldn't recommend a dose higher then 50mcg, unless you were dieting down for a reason.

V

Vick

MuscleHead
Jun 13, 2012
Well I think that just about covers it. I'm thinking 25mcg/ed week 1 and 50mcg/ed week 2-4. How long should I wait before starting again? I got 200 tabs lol. I was just reading this and wondered how true it is:

Finally, I would like to address the issue of recovery of your natural thyroid function after you stop taking cytomel. The horror stories of people on permanent thyroid replacement just arent true. I remember a few years ago, the rumor was circulating that the current Ms.Fitness had permanently shut off her thyroid gland, and was now fat and on thyroid hormone permanently. This is just another horror story based in nothing but conjecture and rumor, the studies Ive looked at have shown people recovering their thyroid hormone relatively quickly (within months, at most) after going off of several YEARS (!) of thyroid replacement therapy (10)(11). I speculate that you can optimize your metabolic rate with Cytomel for 9-10 months a year, and just normalize yourself for 2-3 months (perhaps the winter, when you are mostly covered up), and then go right back on. Some people in the studies I read were on T3 for 30 years and recovered their natural thyroid function within short order. I think we can safely spend an athletic career using Cytomel 9-10 months out of the year, and just taking those few months off to normalize ourselves. Is this aggressive? Yes. Is this unsafe? NO.

Last edited:
TerribleTowel

TerribleTowel

Mar 31, 2011
^^^ thanks for the link PH. Very nice read.

SHINE

Friends Remembered
Oct 11, 2010
Good article by Karl and read it many times, however Thyroid Resistance Not only is it possible that conversion thyroid hormone problem might occur pct but there is evidence that thyroid resistance might well be a secondary response to the initial trigger causing CFS.
Your body can become T-3 resistant somewhat with high doses taken to long.

So don't be stupid and abuse T-3 for long periods, there are things the 50's research and article nandi quoted does not take into consideration.

There claims of thyroid being back to normal in two weeks is by the old standards and thyroid numbers which now is considered border line hypothyroid, and womens thyroids almost never rebound in two weeks to normal.

Last edited:

SHINE

Friends Remembered
Oct 11, 2010
Those of you suffering to many sides from T-3 consider a low dose of T-4 ED with T-3 to help reduce the bad sides of T-3.
Starting with .0125-.025 mg ED with your regular desired T-3 dose. (0.1mg =100mcg)

Even With SR-T3 significant amount of people still suffer from some symptoms, including increased awareness of heartbeats, heart palpitations, increased heart rate, irritability, shakiness, fatigue, and headaches. These effects are usually successfully treated/reduced with a “test dose” ofT4. A test dose of T4 is a small dosage (.0125-.025 mg) of Levothyroxine taken to dampen the effects ofT3 therapy through competitive inhibition ofT3 by T4. T4 has 25% the potency of T3, and administration of T4 usually decreases or eliminates the side effects of T3 within 45 minutes.

Last edited:
lymbo

lymbo

TID Lady Member
Dec 21, 2011
i dont get it...coleus forskohlii does it for me

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic