Latest Member
Rolanalon
What's New?

T3 quitting/weight gain/ bloating

H

HereToFloat

TID Lady Member
Mar 8, 2018
You don't need to take T3 to drop 2lbs in 8 weeks so yes, I would speculate the thyroid meds she was on was possibly bunk considering the dose she was taking and she was on a diet created for her by a dietician.

Why would anyone take T4 since it's converted to T3? It's also weaker then T3. Just take the version your body is going to convert it to in the first place.

Yeah but that idiot guy said to trainer that if it’s fake then I give double money back. Lol!! I think I was wasted my money on it.
Ok, I’ll actually YouTube emom to see it’s demonstration or maybe my trainer knows it.

Secondly, he makes me complete three sets of one exercise before moving to next... is that ok? Or should I go try circuit training ? One after another and another ? Keep HIIT? Or Light jog for 20 mins? As cardio.

BrotherIron

BrotherIron

VIP Member
Mar 6, 2011
Yeah but that idiot guy said to trainer that if it’s fake then I give double money back. Lol!! I think I was wasted my money on it.
Ok, I’ll actually YouTube emom to see it’s demonstration or maybe my trainer knows it.

Secondly, he makes me complete three sets of one exercise before moving to next... is that ok? Or should I go try circuit training ? One after another and another ? Keep HIIT? Or Light jog for 20 mins? As cardio.

I wouldn't jog... Look at runners. What do they have in common? Their stringy and not even lean for the most part. They are what I call stringy fat. Now, look at sprinters. Look up female college division 1 sprinters and tell me what you see. Muscular women who are very lean, explosive, etc.

DungeonDweller

DungeonDweller

VIP Member
Mar 21, 2017
Jogging is low intensity cardio. Might be good for burning extra calories at first but there are diminishing returns as time goes on.

sityslicker1

sityslicker1

TID Board Of Directors
Oct 6, 2010
Where a lot of folks go wrong is they rarely take into account the amount of non exercise calorie burning they do, aka non exercise activity thermogenesis (NEAT). You see it right here, the sole focus is BMR and exercise alone and very little to NEAT. The problem with this is NEAT can account for almost 30% of the calories you burn that day. 30%! And this can have huge fluctuations day to day. For instance when I work my 12 hour shifts in a hospital along with a workout squeezed in before, my TDEE is roughly 4000. On my off days my calories to maintain is roughly 2800. Im pretty much a sloth besides my workouts and the few errands i have to run. That's a 1200 calories difference. Huge right?? On my off days I consciously have to eat less and usually pull it from carbs and fat sources. Protien is the building block and foundation to your BMR it needs to remain high as possible.

I heard you mentioned TDEE calculators earlier, imo they are complete garbage. Either grossly over or underestimates ones true TDEE. The only way to know your true TDEE is live it and trend the numbers yourself b/c your NEAT can change your TDEE drastically day to day. Some just hire coaches to set up a baseline diet, find your TDEE and adjust from there.

So my point to all this is to make sure your being realistic in your estimated caloric expenditure vs the calories you think you need. You may think you may need cut X out from your diet, or you should try a keto diet or you need to change your cardio/lifting routine but it may be as simple as moving more during the day to burn more/ burn faster. I can assure you one thing your metabolism is not broken.

And as for the T3 it may have a little negative impact for about a month you shouldn't gain any weight if your in a true calorie deficiency. Before you hop on some eca, try some l tyrosine 500mg ane iodine 18mcg empty stomach for a month to give your thyroid a boost naturally.

Last edited:
sityslicker1

sityslicker1

TID Board Of Directors
Oct 6, 2010
Jogging is low intensity cardio. Might be good for burning extra calories at first but there are diminishing returns as time goes on.

Cardio, any cardio, can be a double edge sword. Cortisol build up, muscle break down, efficiency = less calorie burnt with same work. Maybe less so for HITT but these same adaptations take place when the body is under a lot of stress from dieting. Obviously moderation is key, not as a crutch.

TheRide

TheRide

VIP Member
Oct 6, 2017
I believe it matters so the rebound isn't as pronounced as just going from 100mcg/ed to 0mcg/ed.

Here's a interesting question... how long does taking the exo T3 have an impact on the ant. pituitary since it's responsible for your TSH levels and that affects your thyroid output? They didn't teach that in A&P2 and to be honest I don't even think profs know that answer.

Valid and logical BrotherIron... I am running T3 for the first time currently (despite being in this game for over 20 yrs...). I am not planning to go over 50 mcgs/day. So 100 seems nuts to me... Granted, everyone is different but I'm seeing results at 50mcgs and I'm 6'4, 245lbs... I can imagine taking 100/day....

BrotherIron

BrotherIron

VIP Member
Mar 6, 2011
Valid and logical BrotherIron... I am running T3 for the first time currently (despite being in this game for over 20 yrs...). I am not planning to go over 50 mcgs/day. So 100 seems nuts to me... Granted, everyone is different but I'm seeing results at 50mcgs and I'm 6'4, 245lbs... I can imagine taking 100/day....

That's become my mantra.... take the smallest amount of any PED to get the desired result. More isn't always better and in fact, more usually isn't better. If I get the desired effect with 37.5mcg or 50mcg why go higher? Also, I don't and won't run any ancillaries or orals that are not pharm.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic