Imsprod1
What's New?

T nation article :confused:

Rottenrogue

Rottenrogue

Strongwoman
Jan 26, 2011
T NATION | Quantifying the Farmer's Walk

If we did this sport for proper body mechanics and well being ,well then we would be packing 50 pound farmers with proper body aligment blah blah blah.

As far as the forward swing :If you grab the handles in the back the weight pulls you forward .

The "shuffle" You run with 200 (womens weights) to 300 per hand and see how you walk.

Farmers with hurdles .....dont be stupid .

Rottenrogue

Rottenrogue

Strongwoman
Jan 26, 2011
LOl disgruntled would be a better word. I dont have a problem with crossfit type stuff .I imagine an average Joe sitting on his couch watching strongmen and telling all his buddies how Derek or Mariuz are doing farmers wrong after reading this article.

SHINE

Friends Remembered
Oct 11, 2010
LOl disgruntled would be a better word. I dont have a problem with crossfit type stuff .I imagine an average Joe sitting on his couch watching strongmen and telling all his buddies how Derek or Mariuz are doing farmers wrong after reading this article.

Lmao! that's the problem with that site, majority of there writers are idiots with a title and no real world experience.

NutNut

NutNut

MuscleHead
Jul 25, 2011
The thing is context, I don't think this is at all geared toward competitors. I've said for years with everything I find a balance between "proper form" and moving the most weight possible. If you want to be totally safe and have near 0 chance of injury use perfect form, if you want progress find something in between. That means safe but able to move a ton, it's not as safe as strict form but it's relatively safe and means more progress.

MightyMouse719

MightyMouse719

National Champion & VIP Member
Jul 8, 2011
This article details what I tell my clients when I teach them the farmer's walk, as laymen fitness enthusiasts giving strongman training a try. I agree that there is a slight increase in movement efficiency when the upper torso is more upright than hunched, but that also depends on the person. It still doesn't change the fact that we have women competing now that are able to walk upwards of 250 a hand, regardless of form.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic