Latest Member
Rolanalon
What's New?

SYB... New and Improved SST

MAYO

MAYO

Bad Mother
Sep 27, 2010
Got a 112 on my exam from last Friday. I'm confident I did well on my exam yesterday. I have mid terms next week and I will begin my training next week. I hate not being able to train.

The program I'm trying to get into and excel in is taking quite a toll on me. It's hard enough to just do well in school while working and having a family but to ask that the students maintain a 4.o is very stressful and exhausting. I'm not giving up and I'm not changing my path. I just have to remember there is more to this than just school..... I have to try to find some semblance of balance.
You have to have an end in sight. My old OFT log was during a similar period in my life. Gone 27-28 days/months and working 18+ hour days, 7 days a week. Some of us can overcome insurmountable odds for a short period to reach a worthy goal....none of us can maintain it long term. Stay the course.

BrotherIron

BrotherIron

VIP Member
Mar 6, 2011
You have to have an end in sight. My old OFT log was during a similar period in my life. Gone 27-28 days/months and working 18+ hour days, 7 days a week. Some of us can overcome insurmountable odds for a short period to reach a worthy goal....none of us can maintain it long term. Stay the course.

Thanks.

I'm trying to get into nursing school and where I want to attend requires everyone to have close to/or a 4.0. That may not seem like much but to those who have gone through school they understand how difficult it is to ask someone to basically be perfect. Only 2 more years and then I can give SS the life I believe she will love and we can move anywhere in the world. I'm excited and love my subject matter but it also takes a toll on me.

BrotherIron

BrotherIron

VIP Member
Mar 6, 2011
Got back into the gym. Not a bad day but not the day I wanted. I could still feel it with my abductor but I'm going to lightly trudge on. I did some abductor machine work as part of my warm up for squats. Went very light for 2 sets of 25.

GROIN INJURY
BENCH/SQUAT

Comp. Bench~ 135x7, 165x7, 195x7
P. Squat (3 sec)~ 145x10, x10, x10
Rolling Tri. Ext.~ 30x8, x8, x8
T-Bar Row~ 70x10, x10, x10
DEADLIFT/ OHP
Comp. Deadlift~ 135x7, 225x7, 225x7, 275x7
Z-Press w/ Swiss Bar +chain 38lbs~ 95+Cx8, +Cx8, +Cx8
SLDL w/ KB~ 60x8, x10, x10
DB Curl~ 30x10, x10, x9
FVCKING adductor. I could feel it squatting tonight. I'll probably add 2 more light week of squatting and only 1 more week going light with everything else. This shit is really beginning to piss me off. I've also decided to get back on. Going to add 400mg/wk of bold cyp to my TRT.

SQUAT/ BENCH
Comp. Squat~ 145x7, 235x7, 235x7, 285x7, 285x7
Floor Press w/ Swiss Bar +chain 71lbs~ 135+Cx8, +Cx8,, +Cx8
Standing GM~ 145x8, x8, x8
Wide Grip Pulldown~ 120x12, x12​

Last edited:
BrotherIron

BrotherIron

VIP Member
Mar 6, 2011
Got a 103 and a 98 this week on my 2 midterms. Have 2 quizzes and an exam next week so I don't have time to enjoy my grades. I'll squat tomorrow and study this weekend.

BrotherIron

BrotherIron

VIP Member
Mar 6, 2011
Congrats on the mid-terms.

Thanks FLEX. It feels good to see my hard work paying off. I won't lie though this program is testing me, but nothing worth doing is ever easy....

Last edited:
BrotherIron

BrotherIron

VIP Member
Mar 6, 2011
FVCKING adductor....

I forgot my biofreeze which I'm sure had a part in it. I had been putting it on my groin. I could feel it squatting tonight. Not a painful feeling but I could feel it. I supersetted adductor machine in betw. sets of squats (sets of 30 reps w/ 15lbs to get blood flow into the area). I'll probably add 2 more light week of squatting and only 1 more week going light with everything else. This shit is really beginning to piss me off. I've also decided to get back on. Going to add 400mg/wk of bold cyp to my TRT. Fuck just being on TRT. Talked to SS about it and as long as I don't touch Tren she doesn't care if I run anything else.... so going to slowly get back on.

I'm going to make this wave an injured groin wave so 2 more weeks before beginning my regular training. I've also changed that a bit in the layout.

Normally, I'd go heavy squats on week 1 but I shifted it so I'll go heavy squats on week 3 so it's now:

WK 1 WK 2 WK 3
Bench Heavy Speed Volume
Deadlift Volume Heavy Speed
Squat Speed Volume Heavy

Last edited:
FLEXjs

FLEXjs

MuscleHead
Apr 23, 2012
Thanks FLEX. It feels good to see my hard work paying off. I won't lie though this program is testing me, but nothing worth doing is ever easy....

Not sure if I ever told you but I went to school later in life too. Started Uni at age 27. Was already married and divorced with a kid and then shacked up with my GF, who got preggers and had my 2nd kid right when classes started in September of my first year. Dirt poor, working full time while taking a full course load and still lifted 4-5 days/week. Not sure how I ever got through it. I think I'm still grumpy from all of it. LOL. Went to school for 12 years straight. Did my undergrad, then Masters, then my Accounting designation all back-to-back with no breaks in between. Went from lifting boxes in a warehouse to being a senior exec for a relatively small but successful company.

I follow along here a lot but don't always post. Keep this shit up. :)

BrotherIron

BrotherIron

VIP Member
Mar 6, 2011
Not sure if I ever told you but I went to school later in life too. Started Uni at age 27. Was already married and divorced with a kid and then shacked up with my GF, who got preggers and had my 2nd kid right when classes started in September of my first year. Dirt poor, working full time while taking a full course load and still lifted 4-5 days/week. Not sure how I ever got through it. I think I'm still grumpy from all of it. LOL. Went to school for 12 years straight. Did my undergrad, then Masters, then my Accounting designation all back-to-back with no breaks in between. Went from lifting boxes in a warehouse to being a senior exec for a relatively small but successful company.

I follow along here a lot but don't always post. Keep this shit up. :)

I remember you saying that you went to university later than a traditional student but I didn't know everything else. That's AWESOME!

It's stories like this that helps me keep my focus and let's me know that others have done it so I can too. Thanks for sharing that FLEX.

BrotherIron

BrotherIron

VIP Member
Mar 6, 2011
Thinking of purchasing some biofreeze professional. I can't use my screaming toast near my nutz. I've been using biofreeze and it's working but I'd like to get something a little more powerful so why not give it a try.

BrotherIron

BrotherIron

VIP Member
Mar 6, 2011
Opted to not add chains to my paused back squat. I'll play it smart and go slow. This Friday I'll squat 345 and see how it feels and then keep adding weights.

INJURED GROIN WEEK 2
BENCH/ SQUAT

Comp. Bench~ 95x10, 135x7, 185x7, 215x7, 245x7
took long pauses with each rep b/c it's just stupid light.
Paused Back Squat (3 sec)~ 145x5, 195x5, x5, x5, x5
groin didn't hurt at all so I decided to be smart and not add chains. I'll add them next week.
Rolling Tricep Ext (DB)~ 30x10, 35x10, 40x8, x8
elbows felt good.
T-Bar Row~ 45x10, 90x8, 115x8​

BrotherIron

BrotherIron

VIP Member
Mar 6, 2011
Been going through a bit of a moral crisis in the sense that the major I would like to begin next year will require me to quit my job. Now, I only work part-time but I generally make $25/hour (working 26hours/wk) and while working I'm able to actually study for my classes which is a HUGE bonus for me. I'm not so sure I can put all my eggs into 1 basket and quit working for literally 2 years while finishing up this degree in the hopes that when I finish I'll be making 35+/hr fulltime. I have a lot of thinking to do. I know my current job isn't life sustaining but it's pretty damn good considering I can study, I can get away with murder ( I have no dress code), and I don't have any "tests" to take. They can't afford me b/c of my degree I currently have and they like to spend money (not on their employees). I just don't like giving up work for 2 years while in school. I have a townhome, cars, dogs, wife, etc... I have to think of everyone and not just myself.

I do enjoy what I'm studying and there are many career paths with what I'm studying so I'm going to head down to the nursing school during spring break and talk to some advisors as well as coordinators. I could always do respiratory therapy or some other path and perhaps not give up my current job. I'm going to grad school no matter what so perhaps I could get where I want through grad school. So many questions....

And to top it off, SS wants to go back and change careers and I'm not going to stand in her way. She's every bit as smart, if not smarter then me so of course I'm going to support her decision.

Just wanted to vent for a minute while I take a break from studying microbiology (antibiotics and transmission routes).

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic