Latest Member
Rolanalon
What's New?

SYB... New and Improved SST

BrotherIron

BrotherIron

VIP Member
Mar 6, 2011
Reaggravated my groin doing something stupid so backed off squats today. Bench went well though. Cut my workout short b/c I was pissed b/c I could have avoided the reaggravation. Going to take the whole active recovery week off (next week) to let my groin get some much needed rest.

WAVE1 WEEK3 DAY1
BENCH/ SQUAT

Speed Bench +chain71lbs~ 95x15, 135x10, 185x5, 205+Cx3, +Cx3, +Cx3, 225+Cx3, +Cx3, +Cx3, +Cx3, +Cx3
only took 60sec rest. wore my SBD sleeves.
Paused B. Squat +chain115lbs~ 145+Cx3, 235+Cx3, 325+Cx3, +Cx3, 325x3, x3
dropped the chains b/c of the reaggravation. pissed me off.
Adductor Machine~ 25x20, x20
Rolling Triceps Ext DB~ 35x10, 40x10, 45x8​

A

Anabolic Beast

VIP Member
Nov 16, 2010
Sorry to hear about you reaggravating your groin. Taking some time off from training maybe hard but is often the best thing to do. I came to that realization a few weeks ago myself and feel that my shoulder is doing better because of it.

BrotherIron

BrotherIron

VIP Member
Mar 6, 2011
I may take the next couple of days off from training. I have a test and quiz on Thurs so it may be in my best interest to study all day tomorrow to prep for Thurs. I have school and work all day on Thurs so I would train on Friday next.

BrotherIron

BrotherIron

VIP Member
Mar 6, 2011
Took my test and I feel good about how it went. Had a new bed delivered today after classes. By the time it got here it's 6pm and I need to study so I'll deadlift tomorrow and I'll squat Sunday.

I figure the extra time will only help my groin. Next week is an active recovery week. SS is back and training so I'll go in but I'm going to set all my numbers to 50% to really give my groin a break.

Last edited:
BrotherIron

BrotherIron

VIP Member
Mar 6, 2011
Not a bad day. Groin didn't hurt today. I didn't push but I managed to get some work in. Next week is recovery and I'll be going very light that week.

WAVE1 WEEK3 DAY2
DEADLIFT/ OHP

Comp. Deadlift +chain 100lbs~ 135x3, 225x3, 315x3, 315+Cx3, 365+Cx1, 405+Cx1, 445+Cx1
Z-Press w/ Swiss Bar +chain 25lbs~ 95x10, 125+Cx5, 135+Cx5, 145+Cx5, 155+Cx4, 165+Cx2, f.drop 125+Cx5
Reverse Hyper +chain 33lbs~ 33x8, x12, x12
Adductor Machine~ 20x30, 25x25
Bicep Curl (db)~ 45x10, x10​

BrotherIron

BrotherIron

VIP Member
Mar 6, 2011
Well... as usual people are hypocrites.

It looks like SS will be adding SM training in her regimen but she won't be competing in SM. At least, not for the moment. I'm looking at picking up farmers, axle, log, sandbag, and perhaps some other pieces. I'll pick up the farmers and axle from Titan this coming week. The sandbag, I'll have to do some searching and the log... well, Rogue wants WAY to much and Titan is sold out so I'll have to call in some out of town help to try locating a used one. This will be fun..... I'm even looking at picking up another big chain too.

In time.... I'll have the ultimate home gym for SS, myself, and whoever else is near me and would like to get strong.

BrotherIron

BrotherIron

VIP Member
Mar 6, 2011
Well....I'm going to take step back and try to be a bit more wise. I'm continuing to train on a pulled adductor and I'm not able to push my training like I want to so.... I'm going to take this week off and active recovery the following week. 2 weeks to let it heal and then... it's time to push like hell. I want to make some waves this year and I need to be 100% for that. Next year and the year after will be me just maintaining so I need to get to new ground and then this could work. I'll be in school full time next year.

BrotherIron

BrotherIron

VIP Member
Mar 6, 2011
I'm beginning my training next week. I'll do a recovery week which will be very light, lighter then normal. The week after will be a normal active recovery and after will begin my training. I'm also going to add something to my TRT to help with recovery as well possibly even help my cognition. I figure most AAS help with cognition and mental acuity.

MAYO

MAYO

Bad Mother
Sep 27, 2010
I'm beginning my training next week. I'll do a recovery week which will be very light, lighter then normal. The week after will be a normal active recovery and after will begin my training. I'm also going to add something to my TRT to help with recovery as well possibly even help my cognition. I figure most AAS help with cognition and mental acuity.
The song, "Eye of the Tiger" is actually about trenbolone....

BrotherIron

BrotherIron

VIP Member
Mar 6, 2011
The song, "Eye of the Tiger" is actually about trenbolone....

LOL.... I promised SS I wouldn't run Tren again. I was hard to handle last time I ran it which was 12 years ago. In my defense I was running 75mgED with many other fun things. I think that cycle was Tren Ace, Test Prop, Meth Diol, Dbol, T3.

I think I'll run Bold Cyp with my TRT.

BrotherIron

BrotherIron

VIP Member
Mar 6, 2011
Got a 112 on my exam from last Friday. I'm confident I did well on my exam yesterday. I have mid terms next week and I will begin my training next week. I hate not being able to train.

The program I'm trying to get into and excel in is taking quite a toll on me. It's hard enough to just do well in school while working and having a family but to ask that the students maintain a 4.o is very stressful and exhausting. I'm not giving up and I'm not changing my path. I just have to remember there is more to this than just school..... I have to try to find some semblance of balance.

BrotherIron

BrotherIron

VIP Member
Mar 6, 2011
Looking to purchase a 12" Log, axle, and farmers for my gym. SS and I will be incorporating this into our training which means some changes, but it'll be fun.

I'll use the axle for assisting lifts ie. floor press, CGBP, standing OHP, z-Press, and pulls. I think I'll put the farmers in my Squat sessions and the Log in my DL sessions. This should help spread it out and make things a bit more interesting. Also, may pick up a yoke but we'll have to wait and see. I really like what I see in strengthshop. Titan doesn't look bad but I think I'll be happier with strength shop. I realize it'll cost me probably $150 more but it'll be worth it.

Last edited:
Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic