Latest Member
RalfKelleh
What's New?

SYB... New and Improved SST

BrotherIron

BrotherIron

VIP Member
Mar 6, 2011
Was going to test this week but the school is still fvcking closed and my loans haven't come through yet... to make things even better class starts on Monday. What fvcking school isn't open by now? So... I'm not in the right state to make this a solid test week. I'll just adjust my training numbers and keep plugging along.

Last edited:
BrotherIron

BrotherIron

VIP Member
Mar 6, 2011
School opened on Thursday and of course I went get help in the financial aid office. They supposedly took care of everything but it's still showing that I owe money and at the same time it's showing I've been granted an amount and I accepted it so I'll stay ever the optimist that this will be taken care of and I won't have a repeat of Fall Semester.

I'm starting classes on Tues and next week I'll begin my new training cycle. Starting next week with an active recovery week and then back to the grind. Haven't gotten the axle I've been wanting but I'll perform Z-Presses with my football bar+chains.... should be fun. Going to stick to a 3 day split and utilize chains is even more of my training. You'll see me use them in squats now and moreso in deads too.

BrotherIron

BrotherIron

VIP Member
Mar 6, 2011
School is closed today due to inclement weather (that never arrived). Now, it has been in the 20's-30's all week so if it had rained we would have definitely had ice but it didn't rain.

School situation is hopefully taken care of so now I can focus on studying and training. I'll check and make sure tomorrow before class. Right groin/ hip area is still feeling jenky which is why I'll utilize chains more so in the training block.

WAVE1 WEEK0 DAY1
ACTIVE RECOVERY
BENCH/ SQUAT

Bench~ 95x12, 135x8, 165x8, 195x8
Paused B. Squat (3 sec) +92lbs chain~ 135+Cx5, 195+Cx5, +Cx5, +Cx5
Rolling Triceps Ext (DB)~ 30x10, x10, x10
T-Bar Row~ 45x15, 75x10, x10​

Last edited:
Go Away

Go Away

MuscleHead
Dec 28, 2011
It's tough being in the gym and having school shit looming over your head!
BTW, my school starts a week from tomorrow - hehehe....

BrotherIron

BrotherIron

VIP Member
Mar 6, 2011
It's tough being in the gym and having school shit looming over your head!
BTW, my school starts a week from tomorrow - hehehe....

Yeah man it really eats at me. Up till today I wasn't sure if they were going to fuck me over like they did Fall Semester (they dropped all my classes and I had to race to just get 2 that I needed. I couldn't afford more then 2 classes + books).

I think it's finally done but I'll double check tomorrow. I gotta get a 3 ring binder for my text book (unbook book) and a 2 subject notebook (got Microbiology lecture and lab tomorrow).

Gotta admit... I feel like I'm burning the candle at both ends (work, training, school, wife, etc). It's definitely not easy but nothing ever is. I'm going to try to pick up some modafinil to help with school.

BrotherIron

BrotherIron

VIP Member
Mar 6, 2011
School is fixed so now time to buckle down, study everyday, and put in work.

WAVE1 WEEK0 DAY2
ACTIVE RECOVERY

DEADLIFT/ OHP

Deadlift~ 135x8, 235x8, 275x8, 315x8
Z-Press w/ Football Bar +25lbs chain~ 95+Cx7, +Cx7, +Cx7, +Cx7
SLDL w/ DB +orange band~ 60+Bx8, +Bx8, +Bx8
KB Bicep Curl~ 30x12, x10​

BrotherIron

BrotherIron

VIP Member
Mar 6, 2011
Right groin area feeling "odd". Not painful but off. I'll break out the lacross ball and work that hip socket/groin area this weekend. I also have a massive knot in my mid back. Gotta start doing more prehab work again. I have been slacking which is stupid and I'm paying the price now.

WAVE1 WEEK0 DAY3
ACTIVE RECOVERY

SQUAT/ BENCH

Squat~ 145x7, 235x7, 285x7, 335x7
Floor Press w/ Football Bar +71lbs chain~135x7, 150+Cx 7, +Cx7, +Cx7
Standing GM~ 165x7, x7, x7
Wide Grip Pulldown~ 100x15​

MAYO

MAYO

Bad Mother
Sep 27, 2010
Right groin area feeling "odd". Not painful but off. I'll break out the lacross ball and work that hip socket/groin area this weekend. I also have a massive knot in my mid back. Gotta start doing more prehab work again. I have been slacking which is stupid and I'm paying the price now.

WAVE1 WEEK0 DAY3
ACTIVE RECOVERY

SQUAT/ BENCH

Squat~ 145x7, 235x7, 285x7, 335x7
Floor Press w/ Football Bar +71lbs chain~135x7, 150+Cx 7, +Cx7, +Cx7
Standing GM~ 165x7, x7, x7
Wide Grip Pulldown~ 100x15​
Hey BI; will you do us the favor of detailing your 'prehab' work in the log. I would benefit and I'm sure there are others as well!

BrotherIron

BrotherIron

VIP Member
Mar 6, 2011
Hey BI; will you do us the favor of detailing your 'prehab' work in the log. I would benefit and I'm sure there are others as well!

Sure.... Here is what I do for shoulder prehab work:

Wall Angels~ Stand against a wall. You head, shoulders, butt, elbows, and hands must be touching the wall at all times. Than make the top half of a snow angel on the wall. This will be difficult but it helps open up the shoulder girdle. Try to bring down the elbows as low as possible (lower them). Bring your arm up and touch them at the top, lower them all the time while keeping contact to the wall with the above mentioned groups.

Scapular Motions~ This is easy. It's just rolling your shoulders forward, backward, upward, and downward. You don't have to hold any of these. They should be fluid movements.

Sea Turtles~ Have you ever seen a sea turtle on tv try to dig into the sand to lay it's eggs? Its kinda like that. You lay on the ground (prone), facing down. Arms are overhead with a bend (in an arc). Your head should touching the floor (face directly forward). Now was you bring your arms back and away (do so in an arcing manner), lift your upper body and squeeze your shoulder blades. Than as you bring your arms back to the starting position, lower your face back down to the floor (relax completely).

Stick Stretch~ Take a broom stick and starting in front bring it up and back where it touches your behind. Than bring it forward. That is one rep.

Band Pull Aparts~ Take a red mini band with a narrower than shoulder width grip. Hold the band out in front with arms in front, locked and then pull the band apart. The half way point is your arms out by your side and then in a controlled manner return to the starting position.

BrotherIron

BrotherIron

VIP Member
Mar 6, 2011
There are also movements I peform to "warm up" my body and prepare it for the training session. I'll post that as well.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic