Members
Latest Member
bsimon7074
What's New?

SYB... New and Improved SST

franchise24

franchise24

Oct 20, 2015
Depsite the fvcking awful news which I'm sure made it difficult to have a great day, I've decided to put in technique work into pulling on Sundays. If I can't make substantial progress in my deadlift by Dec I'm going to start pulling sumo. Everything else is clicking and I'm tired of struggling with my conventional pulls.
Don't give up on conventional. Maybe pull sumo every 3rd week just to change it up. Do some deficit pulls. Maybe your technique is off somewhere. Record and see what is taking place. I don't think you have much of an issue with the bar floating away from you. Maybe it's your setup, Deficit pulls have helped me plenty. Maybe more volume less intensity or vice versa. Try Westside style. Max effort on a variation of the deadlift. Try doing chair pulls.

BrotherIron

BrotherIron

VIP Member
Mar 6, 2011
I'm thinking of making a second day on Sunday and making it a speed day (dynamic effort). That would make it less taxing and I could just work on set up. Break out chains and even start with something as light at 275+90chain and just do 6 triples. Things were clicking before yesterday which could have just been from the news... I'm just frustrated.

franchise24

franchise24

Oct 20, 2015
I'm thinking of making a second day on Sunday and making it a speed day (dynamic effort). That would make it less taxing and I could just work on set up. Break out chains and even start with something as light at 275+90chain and just do 6 triples. Things were clicking before yesterday which could have just been from the news... I'm just frustrated.
Not sure what is going on. I haven't spoken with you in a bit. But maybe you need a mental break brother. I know school is tough and whatever else is going in your life that is affecting you at the gym. Go fishing get away from the city and clear your mind.

BrotherIron

BrotherIron

VIP Member
Mar 6, 2011
Not sure what is going on. I haven't spoken with you in a bit. But maybe you need a mental break brother. I know school is tough and whatever else is going in your life that is affecting you at the gym. Go fishing get away from the city and clear your mind.

Unfortunately, I'll never be clear of this and it'll always come back to haunt me.

BrotherIron

BrotherIron

VIP Member
Mar 6, 2011
The hits just keep coming... Came home yesterday from class (6 hours of class which consisted of lecture and lab back to back) to find out that I have 3 guests staying with us for 3 days and I had to entertain everyone yesterday. I'm supposed to be catching up on school this weekend. That sure as shit didn't happen yesterday. To make matter better I have had 2 meals in 36hours and went and trained today. Obviously, I cut it short but at least I made it in there.

Gonna study the rest of today and all tomorrow. I'm also thinking about going in tomorrow and doing 8 doubles @ 225+90chain for conventional pulls to work on form, set up, and everything else.

Anyways... this is what I did today.

WAVE2 WEEK3 DAY3
SQUAT/BENCH

Comp. Squat~ 145x5, x5, 235x5, 325x2, 385x5, 435x5, x5, 495x3, x3
Was supposed to do 495 for 2 sets of 5 but no gas in the tank for that. Figured 2 triples is better then 1 set of five. Also, no wraps. Just sleeves on 435 sets & belt on 495 sets.
CGBP+chain~ skipped
Concentric Squat+chain~ skipped
DB Row~ 95x8, x8, x8
GHR~ BWx5, x7, x8​

BrotherIron

BrotherIron

VIP Member
Mar 6, 2011
Got my eating situation taken care of... thankfully. Everyone is at the fights. I'll continue studying tonight. Want to study 2 more chapters and also work on my lab report.

Tomorrow in the AM, I plan on hitting up my deadlifts. Not sure but thinking of putting 275 on the bar and adding 90 chains. That will make it 50% - almost 70%. Figure 8-10 doubles with 1:3o rest in bwteen sets. Probably perform reverse hypers (2x12), leg curls (3x10), and biceps curls (2x10) after.

BrotherIron

BrotherIron

VIP Member
Mar 6, 2011
Woke up a lil battered from yesterdays training. I managed to have 4 meals after training before training this AM. Opted to make it easy so 225+86lbs chain for 10 doubles with 1min rest. I don't normally perform speed work with such light weight but this was also technique work so I'll slowly up the weight. I also don't want to over do it considering I'm now deadlifting 2x a week.

WAVE2 WEEK3 DAY4
TECHNIQUE DAY

Conventional Dead +86lbs chain~ 135x3, 225+Cx2, +Cx2, +Cx2, +Cx2, +Cx2, +Cx2, +Cx2, +Cx2, +Cx2, +Cx2
Reverse Hyper~ 20lbsx12, x12
have to use chain wrapped around my ankle. Not the best but better then nothing.
Standing Leg Curl~ 20x12, 30x8, x6
Biceps Curl/ Rolling Tri. Ext~ 40x10/35x10, 40x10/35x8​

Last edited:
Muscle_g

Muscle_g

Aug 27, 2017
I used to like using chains on deadlifts

BrotherIron

BrotherIron

VIP Member
Mar 6, 2011
I used to like using chains on deadlifts

Why'd you stop?

I find it to be the best way to work speed, the CNS, and save joints. I use chains in most of my training; squats, deads, bench, ohp.

Last edited:
Muscle_g

Muscle_g

Aug 27, 2017
Why'd you stop?

I find it to be the best way to work speed, the CNS, and save joints. I use chains in most of my training; squats, deads, bench, ohp.
New gym doesn’t have chains

Muscle_g

Muscle_g

Aug 27, 2017
Get your own and bring them with you. I have 2 sets of big, 2 sets of med, and 2 sets of light chains at my gym.

I still use bands with some stuff from time to time, but I feel bands beat the shit out of you over time

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic