Latest Member
Rolanalon
What's New?

SYB... New and Improved SST

BrotherIron

BrotherIron

VIP Member
Mar 6, 2011
Not too shabby on the strength test, BI!!! I know it isn't your best but it is good to see that 535x2 deadlift followed by "felt good and wasn't as heavy as I could have gone but I was rushed". a rushed 535 double is definitely a good indication that what you are doing is working.

Thanks.

I was happy with how pulls went. I could have done more which made me feel great since I've struggled with my pulls. I'm thinking I'm back on the right path. I should make big strides this year. Planning on buying a rogue mono attachment and deadlift bar. At the least... I'll pick up the deadlift bar.

Last edited:
BrotherIron

BrotherIron

VIP Member
Mar 6, 2011
Went a couple states up to the North for New Years and the drive wrecked my back. I may try to get in this week to see my chiro.

Update on school.... FINALLY... I'm done. I got admitted yesterday and registered for 3 classes today. 1 will most likely get dropped due to the fact that the lab is on the other side of town and I only have 30min to make it on time. 30min isn't enough time so it looks like I'll probably just take 2 classes this semester. I'm not complaining b/c I thought I would have to wait till Summer with how things were looking. I'm thankful that I have 2 classes and the reviews aren't bad on them. So, I'll be taking Abnormal Psyc and Statistics. I may keep the 3rd class, Anatomy and Physiology, if I manage to change my lab but from what I'm seeing I won't hold my breath.

Go Away

Go Away

MuscleHead
Dec 28, 2011
Check to see when your add/drop deadline is scheduled. There's been plenty of times that the week or two leading to the start of a semester have tons of dropped classes. Sometimes schools will open up new course times if enough students show interest, so don't hesitate to email people in charge with inquiry. I even talked with the program director about some courses I wanted to take but couldnt for the Spring and all of a sudden I'm taking an independent study with a professor and the class has no time - it's all on my own. You'd be surprised what they'll do for students with good GPA and a commute. At first, I hated on being an older commuter because I felt the odds were against me but I'm settling in rather nicely now and they've made many concessions for myself and my kids.

Congrats on getting your foot in the door. Two classes is better than no classes. And intro statistics is a breeze. I took that at 18 when I was aimless, enrolled for a general studies degree, and zoomed through it. I only got up to precalc in high school, too.

Good shit homie.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BrotherIron

BrotherIron

VIP Member
Mar 6, 2011
Thanks. Classes start on Monday. I have next week to see if I can get in the lab on the same campus so I don't have to try to make it across town in 30min (which aint possible). And I'll be honest... if I only take 2 classes this semester isn't the worst thing. 2 days ago I didn't even think I would be able to start in Spring so I'm grateful. Hell.... I was extremely close to just quitting and say fvck it. I was made an offer to go work for another company which I have experience with. The pay would be good but I'll be honest... it won't make me happy.

It's going to be crazy being 37 going back to school. I remember what a cocky shit I was back when I was 21 so it'll be interesting to see what everyone is like but I don't really care. I'm there for good grades and not make it a social outing.

Go Away

Go Away

MuscleHead
Dec 28, 2011
Thanks. Classes start on Monday. I have next week to see if I can get in the lab on the same campus so I don't have to try to make it across town in 30min (which aint possible). And I'll be honest... if I only take 2 classes this semester isn't the worst thing. 2 days ago I didn't even think I would be able to start in Spring so I'm grateful. Hell.... I was extremely close to just quitting and say fvck it. I was made an offer to go work for another company which I have experience with. The pay would be good but I'll be honest... it won't make me happy.

It's going to be crazy being 37 going back to school. I remember what a cocky shit I was back when I was 21 so it'll be interesting to see what everyone is like but I don't really care. I'm there for good grades and not make it a social outing.

It's impossible to make it a social outing. They're still at the age where sleeping all class is acceptable.

BrotherIron

BrotherIron

VIP Member
Mar 6, 2011
It's impossible to make it a social outing. They're still at the age where sleeping all class is acceptable.

I've noticed I have very little to nothing in common with them.

I still haven't decided if I'm going to see the chrio and drop $50 or just keep working on my back myself. Thinking of doing a deload (Active recovery) this week and then seeing how I feel and if I still feel like shit I'll see my guy. Just spending to much at the moment and my loans haven't come in yet so trying to get it all figured out but I'll definitely be back in the gym and get things goings soon.

BrotherIron

BrotherIron

VIP Member
Mar 6, 2011
Decided to go see my chiro tomorrow. He'll work on me and let me know what's going on. I do feel better but of course I'm in a shitty mood b/c I'm not training.

Also, started school today. It's quite interesting how everything is online. A lot has changed in the 10 years I've been away from academia. Syllabi are now online and I can review notes without having to take short hand versions of it in class. I think I'll still take notes b/c I'd wager the the professors will show, talk, and discuss things that are more important since the amount of slides in each class is well beyond the scope of what can be covered in a little over an hour.

This should be interesting. My stats class has me doing everything on a computer which is foreign to me. All my math classes in the past, of which there are many were all done with pen and paper.

Go Away

Go Away

MuscleHead
Dec 28, 2011
I take notes of the notes the teacher is discussing in class. I give zero fucks and ask the most questions in my damn department. Most of the time I see mad people writing things down after I ask a question, so I feel like I'm either the "old guy who doesn't get it" or I'm helping them out a bit: saving them the embarrassment they think they'll suffer from admitting they're confused. I'm only there to make friends with the ones who are driven because we might get each other jobs one day. The others, including all the thirsty females, can kick rocks.

Shit... take notes of your notes of the notes the teacher is reviewing!
Good luck my dude. I'm confident you'll be at the top of your class when it's all over.

BrotherIron

BrotherIron

VIP Member
Mar 6, 2011
Crazy.... it's been 7 days since I've updated my log.

Well... I saw my chiro and he worked on my back. It's better now but to play it smart I made this week another recovery week. Next week, I'll start my training block.

School is going well other then I need my money and I have yet to receive it so I'll be paying out of pocket for somethings and then I'll pay myself back when I get my loan. I have 1 e-book and 1 paper book.

BrotherIron

BrotherIron

VIP Member
Mar 6, 2011
My schedule looks like the following:
MONDAY: AM ~ Bench/Squat PM ~ Work
TUESDAY: AM ~ Class PM ~ Work
WEDNESDAY: AM ~ Deadlift/ OHP PM ~ Work
THURSDAY: AM ~ Class PM ~ Work
FRIDAY: AM ~ Squat/Bench PM ~ Study (extensive)
SATURDAY: AM ~ Work PM ~ Study
SUNDAY: AM ~ Conditioning PM ~ Study (extensive)

The tough issue I'm dealing with is eating. I can't eat "actual" meals during class so I'll have to resort to bars and shakes.

Conditioning will be either sleds + box jumps OR stepmill + kettlebell swings. My "cardio" is interval work so 5+ rounds.

I'm thinking if things get hectic down the road, I'll put in 1-2 machined lift and drop the free weight version from my routine. Time could become an issue later on. I'd still do Bench/Squat/ the third may be a machined bench instead of another freeweight lift due to lack of time. We'll have to wait and see how it plays out.

Last edited:
BrotherIron

BrotherIron

VIP Member
Mar 6, 2011
Finished my recovery week. Back felt great. Training was easy.

Next week I'll start my new training block. Thinking of putting in conditioning on Sat and not on Sunday.

Yomo

Yomo

MuscleHead
Dec 18, 2015
crazy schedule BI....hats off, getting it done even if training wasn't involved...

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 1 members watching this topic