Latest Member
lk has no balls
What's New?

SYB... New and Improved SST

BrotherIron

BrotherIron

VIP Member
Mar 6, 2011
Haha! My coach is lean as f*** and competes in the 198 class and has a deadlift of 735, so you don't have to give up on having abs to lift heavy.

I hear you on carb cycling. When going on and off my ketogenic diet, I always feel like crap for a day or two and often have day long headaches. The cure has been to limit carbs to one meal per week and to come right back off the carbs. This has virtually eliminated the problems I had been having with carb cycling. Also, to counter the low carbs, I eat plenty of fat, especially the first couple days off carbs. That helps a whole lot.

Alternatively, you could cut while eating carbs. Just lower your Kcals until you are in a caloric defecit . . . that is what my coach does to make weight.

The problem with me and low carb is I don't function well on it. I don't think well on low carb and my job requires me to be able to think quickly and I'll be back in school and I'll have to really be quick on draw so that I make sure I stand out.

I eat 60% carbs when I need to lose weight. Very easy to keep cals in check with a lower fat diet imo. Plus sugar is your primary energy source when you lift. I never run out of gas even in a deficit.

I'll have to play with my %'s and see what'll allow me to make sure I'm recovering from my training but not turning into a slob. Truthfully, though I've never been a slob. I do need to figure out what would be a good layout so I can work on hitting big numbers.

Efffff low carbs, period....I faithfully eat just shy of 300 carbs every day, which is really nothing more than just above maintenance for me...I've recently broken down my calories into a 40/30/30 split which has really helped keep energy level up, which is tough considering I work graveyard shift...

hopefully the bug wears off quicker than expected for you man...nothing's more frustrated than missing gym time because of health issues, be it injury or illness....

Being sick sucks. I'm finally feeling better but Friday and Saturday were terrible days. I just wanted to sleep them away.

BrotherIron

BrotherIron

VIP Member
Mar 6, 2011

Going to give this a try this week at the gym. I have a very thick band like in the vid. Just have to get it set up and then try some of this craziness out.

Last edited by a moderator:
Go Away

Go Away

MuscleHead
Dec 28, 2011
That's the exact video I watched while waiting for Wifey to pull up at the gym. I used a pull-up handle on a power rack to loop the bands over.

Start out how the chick does at the beginning, like a satchel, then put your other arm through and start creeping the band down your back. Once it's right above your ass, hang one leg over the safety bar and let the band stretch you to the floor gently, hand on the bar to help the descent. It was kinda freaky at first but now it's cake. Then start twirling around like cirque du soleil.

BrotherIron

BrotherIron

VIP Member
Mar 6, 2011
Hope you feel better BI!

I am feeling better Bull. Thank you for asking. It would appear this was going around work and my brutal workout just wore me down so my body couldn't fight the bug anymore and I caught it.

That's the exact video I watched while waiting for Wifey to pull up at the gym. I used a pull-up handle on a power rack to loop the bands over.

Start out how the chick does at the beginning, like a satchel, then put your other arm through and start creeping the band down your back. Once it's right above your ass, hang one leg over the safety bar and let the band stretch you to the floor gently, hand on the bar to help the descent. It was kinda freaky at first but now it's cake. Then start twirling around like cirque du soleil.

Yeah that's the hard part. I don't have a rod to use but I do have a support beam that I can unbolt and re bolt it lower (won't tell the owner) and slip the band through it. I have a super thick band to use and then it's just a matter of doing it. It'll be interesting to try.

I'm also thinking of picking up either a infinity rack mono attachment or a DL bar. Personally I'd like the attachment but it would be set up for me alone and the bar could be used by me, SS, and the one other guy who trains with us from time to time so the bar makes more sense and it'll probably be what I go for.

RAIDEN

RAIDEN

VIP Member
Feb 22, 2012
Looking good in here BI! Good to see you back kicking ass!

TenaciousA

TenaciousA

TID Lady Member
Mar 31, 2013
Thank you.
So much.

Video will be attempted tonight.

Good luck my man, hope you're feeling better.

BrotherIron

BrotherIron

VIP Member
Mar 6, 2011
Looking good in here BI! Good to see you back kicking ass!

Thanks. Yeah this program is definitely brutal but it should help take my numbers higher then ever. I've already hit an all time PR squat with just sleeves and a belt.

BrotherIron

BrotherIron

VIP Member
Mar 6, 2011
Update:
I'm still a bit under the weather but I'm good enough to go back to work.

I'm not well enough to get under a bar yet but I'll be back in the gym on Thurs. I'll probably train Thurs, Sat, and Sun.

BrotherIron

BrotherIron

VIP Member
Mar 6, 2011
Well.....

I decided to go with my original plan and I'll train Fri (Squat), Sat (BB'ing fluff), Sun (Bench).

Finally, I'm feeling 100% so I'm ready to get my ass under the bar tomorrow. Exciting......

BrotherIron

BrotherIron

VIP Member
Mar 6, 2011
Jan 25, 16 - Squat/ Bench Day

First day back from being sick and it showed. I decided that since this is the first day back I would use reverse band and not chains to make it a bit easier on me. I also cut my workout short b/c I'll be squatting and benching 3x this week. I was seeing stars in the beginning so this was a good weight for me to use today. Weight is at an all time low and this sucks..... Gotta eat a lot this week. Only wore sleeves on my reverse band, no belt. I took my time resting though. Next time I'll push the pace more and perform 10 sets of 3.

WAVE 1 WEEK 2
SQUAT/ BENCH DAY
Squat~ 145x3, 235x3, 325x3, 415x3, 465x1 reverse band (grey) 495x3, 495x3, 495x3, 495x3, 515x3, 515x3, 515x3, 515x3​
Close Grip Bench +chain (70lbs)~ bar x alot, 135x10, 185+C x5, 195+C x5, 205+C x5, 215+C x5, rep drop 215+C x3​

BrotherIron

BrotherIron

VIP Member
Mar 6, 2011
One thing I'm learning is that the heavier we get in our training.. the less we, or at least I, can do after the fact meaning I can't squat like I just did and expect to perform 3 or 4 more lifts. I think 3 main lifts in my training is right. Pulling heavy, squatting heavy, pressing heavy all take a toll and I have to remember that I need to be recovered so that I'm ready for the next training session. It's a fine line... train hard but not to hard so that I can recovery and be prepared for the following training session.

I used to think 3 days means I can put 4 or 5 lifts in and be ok... the truth is I was having to constantly adjust things b/c I would run out of steam which wouldn't allow me to get nearly as much out of it and the additional stress would just mean more time that would be needed for me to recover. I do believe we can increase our ability to recover... meaning with time increase our workload and volume but it's something we need to work on. As you may notice this new version of my training has me doing just that. I mean I never performed a main lift for 10 working sets of triples with chains or bands in the past. It's a ball buster for sure but in the end it'll increase my work capacity and allow me to put more weight on the bar which is what I'm working towards.

I have yet to perform my fluff day in this program but I will starting next week. Since I'm training Mon, Wed, Fri, and Sun this week I won't put any fluff day in considering I'll be spent. I will put it in next Mon though (which is where it's supposed to be placed). It'll be made up of high rep work and will include... glute bridges, rows, leg curls, shoulder raises (side and/or rear delt), bicep curls, etc... These things help keep me running smoothly and help add muscle mass which is good for moving heavy weight.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic