Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest Member
Ethan7400

Switching from high bar to low bar ?'s ...

Go Away

Go Away

MuscleHead
Dec 28, 2011
Told ya.... lower it gradually but I wouldn't have lowered it each set. I would have taken longer to get used to the bar position. That's probably why 1 ditched it immediately.

Yessir. So you are suggesting lowering a bit and run a day like that... Then next session lowering more and so on?

BrotherIron

BrotherIron

VIP Member
Mar 6, 2011
Yessir. So you are suggesting lowering a bit and run a day like that... Then next session lowering more and so on?

A day or even longer. It's dependent on how it feels and how fast you can acclimate to the new bar position.

Halo

Halo

MuscleHead
Jul 5, 2011
I'm with PLK everyone is different and subsequently different things work for different people. I'm 100% High bar and while I haven't been to 1,000 I've been up in the area and the thought of doing that bending forward scares the heck out of me. I am a multi-ply lifter and that has an impact again for me.

BrotherIron

BrotherIron

VIP Member
Mar 6, 2011
I'm with PLK everyone is different and subsequently different things work for different people. I'm 100% High bar and while I haven't been to 1,000 I've been up in the area and the thought of doing that bending forward scares the heck out of me. I am a multi-ply lifter and that has an impact again for me.

I could be wrong but aren't you a very wide stance squatter? Most I've met that squat wide stance are all high bar squatters. If I'm wrong and you squat narrower stance then.... just ignore me, lol.

Halo

Halo

MuscleHead
Jul 5, 2011
You are definitely right, I do narrows in training but on the platform I'm wide.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic