Latest Member
Rolanalon
What's New?

Superset Triset Giant set

HDH

HDH

TID Board Of Directors
Sep 30, 2011
These make up the majority of my training program. I like them as same muscle or opposite muscle. It's not something you do to a program all at once, it can lead to overtraining in the beginning. We build up endurance as we go along.

It seemed like a pretty good topic that most can join in on. It would be cool to get some training discussions going. I'm not to good with the every day chit chat but I like to talk training, diet and anabolics. I'm going to list my favorites of these sets. You are welcome to list yours
biggrin.gif

SUPERSET - opposite muscle

LEGS curls/extensions

I feel like I really beat the shit out of them with this. I use them as a pre exhaust and to finish them off. I was trisetting with calves but I had to slow down the entire workout for a little more rest/recovery time. Legs are brutal enough, lol

TRISET- same muscle

DELTS front/side/rear

This one is actually a drop triset. It's the first exercise in a giant set. I start with 15lb dumbbells, hit all 3 then switch to 10lb bumbbells and hit all 3 again. This is the best shoulder finisher I've used, it made a visible difference.

GIANT SET- opposite muscle

CHEST/BACK/BICEP/TRICEP/SHOULDER- Independent Arm Machine (IAM) incline press / IAM rows / IAM curls / pushdowns 1 arm at a time / DB shrugs.

I really like these giant sets. I built them up over time, I do 4 in the weeks training. A lot guys fear overworking but I believe it's a matter of under eating or not taking time to build up to it. Switch the whole program up and maintenance cals change quite a bit. If you hit 2 giant sets in a training period you are burning up considerable cals, I do anyways since I volume train as well.

C

C T J

Crossfit VIP
Jan 24, 2013
I do a lot of 20x10-12 on the same exercise. 20 seconds of work. 40-60 seconds of rest

Reactions: HDH
BovaJP

BovaJP

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Feb 15, 2013
YAS! I triple toast you on them delt finishers....burns so good, but so effective, and not using heavy weight at all, that is the key....

R

rawdeal

TID Board Of Directors
Nov 29, 2013
I do a lot of 20x10-12 on the same exercise. 20 seconds of work. 40-60 seconds of rest

That's like the old German Volume Training X 2 ...... for really tough Germans. You keep the same weight for all 20?

C

C T J

Crossfit VIP
Jan 24, 2013
@rawdeal Yeah. did db bench today with 65s. I do that to switch it up from the 7x10 pyramids up to 125s

R

rawdeal

TID Board Of Directors
Nov 29, 2013
lol, "Muscle Confusion," Weider Training Principle #137, or #4, somewhere in there. Many of us do some form of Pyramid for different Sets or Reps, and a version of GVT might be a good Confusion approach.

two_slug

two_slug

VIP Member
Mar 7, 2012
These make up the majority of my training program. I like them as same muscle or opposite muscle. It's not something you do to a program all at once, it can lead to overtraining in the beginning. We build up endurance as we go along.

It seemed like a pretty good topic that most can join in on. It would be cool to get some training discussions going. I'm not to good with the every day chit chat but I like to talk training, diet and anabolics. I'm going to list my favorites of these sets. You are welcome to list yours
biggrin.gif

SUPERSET - opposite muscle

LEGS curls/extensions

I feel like I really beat the shit out of them with this. I use them as a pre exhaust and to finish them off. I was trisetting with calves but I had to slow down the entire workout for a little more rest/recovery time. Legs are brutal enough, lol

TRISET- same muscle

DELTS front/side/rear

This one is actually a drop triset. It's the first exercise in a giant set. I start with 15lb dumbbells, hit all 3 then switch to 10lb bumbbells and hit all 3 again. This is the best shoulder finisher I've used, it made a visible difference.

GIANT SET- opposite muscle

CHEST/BACK/BICEP/TRICEP/SHOULDER- Independent Arm Machine (IAM) incline press / IAM rows / IAM curls / pushdowns 1 arm at a time / DB shrugs.

I really like these giant sets. I built them up over time, I do 4 in the weeks training. A lot guys fear overworking but I believe it's a matter of under eating or not taking time to build up to it. Switch the whole program up and maintenance cals change quite a bit. If you hit 2 giant sets in a training period you are burning up considerable cals, I do anyways since I volume train as well.
Nice post brother.

two_slug

two_slug

VIP Member
Mar 7, 2012
lol, "Muscle Confusion," Weider Training Principle #137, or #4, somewhere in there.
I love those Weider Training Principles. Had a book of them in the late 70's.

HDH

HDH

TID Board Of Directors
Sep 30, 2011
I love a lot of volume. I was pretty much forced into it because of injuries and birthdays, mainly injuries. Heavy weight just doesn't work for me anymore, physically anyways.

I really wished I would have trained like this from the start.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic