Latest Member
pbtom
What's New?

Super slow training

M

Massive G

VIP Member
Apr 10, 2020
I got pumped watching this video and recently changed things up to add slow reps in for everything. I did it off and on back in the poliquin days 2000s and forgot how effective it is. With all my joint and muscle pain it's the perfect solution to combat it with lighter slow controlled reps.

R

rawdeal

TID Board Of Directors
Nov 29, 2013
I got pumped watching this video and recently changed things up to add slow reps in for everything. I did it off and on back in the poliquin days 2000s and forgot how effective it is. With all my joint and muscle pain it's the perfect solution to combat it with lighter slow controlled reps.
YES!

T.U.T, Time Under Tension.

My Advanced Physics Training was high school level stuff and never advanced too far beyond F = MA, ... Force = Mass x Acceleration.

When I was young I was all about how much I could lift in "reasonably strict" style. Now that my body is old af but my mind is still trying to progress in my training, I realized the only way to do that was to go from reasonably strict to semi-strict, and then to super strict.

Imo it was the Force to which I subjected my joints all those years that got me where I am today :rolleyes: ... not the actual weights I was using. It may be possible to ask muscles to keep doing more, without expecting joints to tag along without complaining ........

myosaurus

myosaurus

TID Board Of Directors
Sep 21, 2010
I think it's good for fixing broken movement pattern

M

Massive G

VIP Member
Apr 10, 2020
This has been working incredibly well. Not a bad workout yet.

myosaurus

myosaurus

TID Board Of Directors
Sep 21, 2010
This has been working incredibly well. Not a bad workout yet.
Yeah lately I've been slowing all my reps purposely, not super slow but slow deliberate speed so theres no power from start of movement. Keep my form honest and I feel sorry in areas I havent felt in a while. I think I was using too much weight on certain things like rows. Gonna train this way for a while.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic