Members
Latest Member
bsimon7074
What's New?

Super setting Biceps & Triceps provides amazing growth

mscldrew

mscldrew

Sep 11, 2010
Super setting biceps & triceps I've found provides amazing growth in size, strength & shape.

The best way is to take one day once a week just for arms if you can spare the time.

I do 3 bicep exercises & 3 tricep exercises each exercise 4 sets each. Totaling the arm workout to 24 sets. 12 sets for biceps & 12 sets for triceps.

First you start with & mass/power building exercise like close-grip super setting with barbell curls using the 45lb bar. 8 sets for the two exercises.

Then a secondary exercise that still builds size/strength/shape such as some form of skull crusher tricep extensions with some form of bicep hammer curls. 8 sets for the two exercises.

Lastly you want to shape the triceps & biceps. The best would be some cable pushdown exercise for triceps & some for of concentration curls or preacher curls for biceps. 8 sets for the two exercises.

This type of arm routine can be done in 50mins if you aren't wasting time talking to ppl. Your arms will be soooo pumped & rock solid by the end of the workout. Plus your strength for the 2 muscles will greatly increase along with shape depending on your diet.

I used to train arms seperately maybe 6yrs ago say chest & biceps, shoulders & triceps or vice versa. My arms grew not to badly & developed power. But after asking around & talking to a couple of local bodybuilders, I was told I should be super setting arms on the same day & just arms. Yes these guys were on roids, but they were doing almost double the 24 sets I'm doing. They said 18-24 sets super setting arms is just the right ammount for a natural person.

Since I've been doing this, my arms have grown in size/strength, & shaped much better. I'm sure that some ppl will argue this, but if they haven't tried training arms in this manner, than they wouldn' know how good it is.

Georgia

Georgia

Mar 31, 2012
This is very similar to what I do. I do 24 sets. 3 exercises for bi's and same for tri's. The only thing that REALLY, REALLY jacks up my triceps is the seated dips. Go as HEAVY as you can. Your triceps will scream for mercy. I love it!

Nice routine bud

M

Mudge

Jul 17, 2013
If nothing else it sounds like a nice mental and physical shake-up to any routine.

GiantSlayer

GiantSlayer

VIP Member
Jan 27, 2013
abd. You have the subtlety of a three legged rhinoceros.

M

MatthewC

MuscleHead
Dec 7, 2011
I do the same, each exercise focuses on inner, middle, and outer part of each arm (I don't know the name of the muscles). Then I do a machine extension and machine preacher, just to make sure their exhausted. 30 sets; 8-12 reps; the nasty 300 rep workout in 50 min. I wish I can do that intensity with all my muscle groups.

M

MatthewC

MuscleHead
Dec 7, 2011
I added an inch to my arm in 6 months, and a ton of strength. Just recently incorporated fat grips to the excercise and it wipes me out.

shortz

shortz

Beard of Knowledge VIP
May 6, 2013
I added an inch to my arm in 6 months, and a ton of strength. Just recently incorporated fat grips to the excercise and it wipes me out.

I have been seeing these more and more. My gym bought 1...that's right, just one. Da fuq are we supposed to do with just one? Might buy some myself if there is some credit to them.

Hanniballickedher

Hanniballickedher

MuscleHead
Dec 12, 2010
Did this awhile back, started back today, feeling good!!!

Super setting biceps & triceps I've found provides amazing growth in size, strength & shape.

The best way is to take one day once a week just for arms if you can spare the time.

I do 3 bicep exercises & 3 tricep exercises each exercise 4 sets each. Totaling the arm workout to 24 sets. 12 sets for biceps & 12 sets for triceps.

First you start with & mass/power building exercise like close-grip super setting with barbell curls using the 45lb bar. 8 sets for the two exercises.

Then a secondary exercise that still builds size/strength/shape such as some form of skull crusher tricep extensions with some form of bicep hammer curls. 8 sets for the two exercises.

Lastly you want to shape the triceps & biceps. The best would be some cable pushdown exercise for triceps & some for of concentration curls or preacher curls for biceps. 8 sets for the two exercises.

This type of arm routine can be done in 50mins if you aren't wasting time talking to ppl. Your arms will be soooo pumped & rock solid by the end of the workout. Plus your strength for the 2 muscles will greatly increase along with shape depending on your diet.

I used to train arms seperately maybe 6yrs ago say chest & biceps, shoulders & triceps or vice versa. My arms grew not to badly & developed power. But after asking around & talking to a couple of local bodybuilders, I was told I should be super setting arms on the same day & just arms. Yes these guys were on roids, but they were doing almost double the 24 sets I'm doing. They said 18-24 sets super setting arms is just the right ammount for a natural person.

Since I've been doing this, my arms have grown in size/strength, & shaped much better. I'm sure that some ppl will argue this, but if they haven't tried training arms in this manner, than they wouldn' know how good it is.

Mini Forklift Ⓥ

Mini Forklift Ⓥ

The Veganator
Dec 23, 2012
Just about to order some FatGripz, pretty much everything I have read and heard about them has been good.

C

Craaag

Mar 1, 2016
Just bought fat grips but they weren't in stock so they are dropping off later with some other stuff. For the last couple weeks I've been double wrapping a towel around Dumbbells and even that creates an immense burn and pump.

I forget the technical term for it but the pump in the grip/forearm helps amplify the other body part being worked, such as biceps in barbell curls.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic