Latest Member
Rolanalon
What's New?

Super Bowl 49... greatest ever?

RAIDEN

RAIDEN

VIP Member
Feb 22, 2012
Well I'm going out on a limb and saying it might have been, however I'm partial to SB 23 Where Montana to Taylor won it for my beloved 49ers against the Bengals. SB 49 was a nail bitter if you had any real interest in the game.

The discussion has begun with alot of sports pundits and analyst that Tom Brady could be GOAT? It will make a good debate.

monsoon

monsoon

Senior Bacon VIP
Nov 1, 2010
Nope, XX was the best. Tom Brady is good, but GOAT, not hardly. If it wasn't for a last minute interception, this wouldn't even be discussed. Would you propose that Wilson was the best if that interception hadn't happened?

DieYoungStrong

DieYoungStrong

VIP Member
May 27, 2013
Best Super Bowl game I have seen, and not just because I am a Pats fan. I'm in my mid 30's though, so the games I actually remember well start around the Bills losing 4 in a row. The 90's were full of shit Super Bowls.

To say Brady is not even in the discussion as the GOAT in just disingenuous. I don't like all the GOAT discussions anyways because guys like Montana played in a completely different era, and the rules that defenses had to play by were much different. But Brady has to be in the conversation.

It was obvious in this game that the 2 best teams in the league were playing each other, and were pretty damn equally matched up. It was absolutely the most physical, hard hitting, Super Bowl in a long time...

R

Realize

VIP Member
Sep 7, 2010
Worst call I've ever seen in my life. You could've given me the ball and pushed me in there.

RAIDEN

RAIDEN

VIP Member
Feb 22, 2012
Nope, XX was the best. Tom Brady is good, but GOAT, not hardly. If it wasn't for a last minute interception, this wouldn't even be discussed. Would you propose that Wilson was the best if that interception hadn't happened?
You can not begin to say Brady is not even considered in the GOAT discussion. In fact I will say the GOAT is between Joe Montana and Tom Brady, hands down.

If Russell makes the pass he could be GOAT? not even, no comparison, not even a chance. Wilson is not even a top 10 GOAT.

Go Away

Go Away

MuscleHead
Dec 28, 2011
Brady is the GOAT. It was Montana...

Here's reasons why:
Brady's passing stats are better, his winning percentage is better, he's been to the big dance more, his playoff record is better, his teammates haven't been the caliber of Montana's, he has the same amount of SB MVPs and wins as Montana, more Division titles, better playoff passing stats...

Yall can say Gronk this and Welker that, Curtis Martin for a bit...
But Imagine if Brady had Randy Moss in Moss' prime for five years straight... And that's what Montana had from '85-'90 with Jerry Rice.

kid666

kid666

VIP Member
Jan 28, 2011
Yeah but Randy Moss in his prime was an arrogant me first prick who took off every other play..... He never would of lasted 5 years with the Patriots in his prime... Belicheck would of dumped his ass immediately.. it was only later in his career when he had some humility and respect for the game that he became somewhat bearable.

monsoon

monsoon

Senior Bacon VIP
Nov 1, 2010
You can not begin to say Brady is not even considered in the GOAT discussion. In fact I will say the GOAT is between Joe Montana and Tom Brady, hands down.

If Russell makes the pass he could be GOAT? not even, no comparison, not even a chance. Wilson is not even a top 10 GOAT.

You missed my point. It was nothing against Brady or his talent, it was that the discussion would not have come up if not for the int. had the patriots lost, it would still be a good game but Brady wouldn't be mvp.

RAIDEN

RAIDEN

VIP Member
Feb 22, 2012
You missed my point. It was nothing against Brady or his talent, it was that the discussion would not have come up if not for the int. had the patriots lost, it would still be a good game but Brady wouldn't be mvp.
I understand my purple friend. I think it was already a topic of discussion before Pats won SB 49 that Brady could be GOAT, not going off rings alone. Now since Pats won SB49, the debate or argument has cemented Brady to be GOAT. And for the record, everyone knows I'm a 49ers die hard who thinks Montana is the man, but my case that Montana is GOAT is damn near impossible since Brady won his 4th ring.

Brady is 4-2 in the SB, yes Montana was a perfect 4-0, BUT, Brady made it to 2 more SB's for a total of 6 which is a feat in itself and hard to do. I would like to compare Brady vs Montana total QBR just in SB's alone, maybe even career total QBR as well.

graniteman

graniteman

MuscleHead
Dec 31, 2011
Well I'm going out on a limb and saying it might have been, however I'm partial to SB 23 Where Montana to Taylor won it for my beloved 49ers against the Bengals. SB 49 was a nail bitter if you had any real interest in the game.

The discussion has begun with alot of sports pundits and analyst that Tom Brady could be GOAT? It will make a good debate.

I not only fart in your direction..I unfriend you. Now go and fill the bathtub and take a bath face down...

JOMO = GOAT. NO DEFEATS -PERFECT BOWL RECORD, No interceptions, longest winning drive. NOT to mention he played in REAL football, not this new gay ''flag football era''.

graniteman

graniteman

MuscleHead
Dec 31, 2011
Brady is the GOAT. It was Montana...

Here's reasons why:
Brady's passing stats are better, his winning percentage is better, he's been to the big dance more, his playoff record is better, his teammates haven't been the caliber of Montana's, he has the same amount of SB MVPs and wins as Montana, more Division titles, better playoff passing stats...

Yall can say Gronk this and Welker that, Curtis Martin for a bit...
But Imagine if Brady had Randy Moss in Moss' prime for five years straight... And that's what Montana had from '85-'90 with Jerry Rice.

He also has more losses, interceptions and actually played where you got smashed as QB. NOT TO MENTION PAT'S PLAY IN THE F'N WEAKEST DIVISION IN THE LEAGUE AND THE 9ER'S PLAYED AND PLAY IN THE TOUGHEST..
I fart in your direction also....comparing a B that lost multiple SB's to JOMO...pffffft

graniteman

graniteman

MuscleHead
Dec 31, 2011
Not to mention he's been playing 15 years.

JOMO was one play away from a 3-Peat... Brady was one play away from a 3 Peat also..3 losses

Not to mention Bradshaw...Brady wouldn't have lasted 2 seasons in Montana or Bradshaw's era.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic