Latest posts

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest Member
pbtom
What's New?

Sudden and complete power out while lifting?

dallas

dallas

May 23, 2014
When someone on their first set, last time managed 20 reps with the given weight. One dose not expect one arm to fail next week at 9 reps on the first set. I was stood rite next to her waiting to come in and support her (but I simply wasn't ready that early in the set) at around 15 onwards. But since then she has smashed that weight and made great strength gains. The reason she was doing weights she can manage 20 reps with is because I want her form perfect before she moves to a heavy weight. The last person in the world I would want to see hurt is my wife. I resent any one judging the situation without knowing the facts. I especially don't ****ing like being called a prick by someone hiding behind a computer screen.

IronCore

IronCore

Bigger Than MAYO - VIP
Sep 9, 2010
If the shoe fits my friend... It won't matter where I call you a prick.

uphillclimb

uphillclimb

VIP Member
Dec 9, 2011
When someone on their first set, last time managed 20 reps with the given weight. One dose not expect one arm to fail next week at 9 reps on the first set. I was stood rite next to her waiting to come in and support her (but I simply wasn't ready that early in the set) at around 15 onwards. But since then she has smashed that weight and made great strength gains. The reason she was doing weights she can manage 20 reps with is because I want her form perfect before she moves to a heavy weight. The last person in the world I would want to see hurt is my wife. I resent any one judging the situation without knowing the facts. I especially don't ****ing like being called a prick by someone hiding behind a computer screen.

Dude chill.

Janie

Janie

TID Lady Member
May 8, 2014
Don't do this . . . I just wanted some info as what happened even took me by surprise. Dallas did stop me getting an injury to the face and he's always right there where we train. It was just really strange how it occurred like an absolute loss of any kind of energy. I wasn't expecting it at all it was no where near my normal point of fail so anyone wouldn't have seen it coming. It was very odd. But hey. . . It's not happened since and I did take it easy for a while but already out grown that weight.
Thanks for replies

IronCore

IronCore

Bigger Than MAYO - VIP
Sep 9, 2010
Don't do this . . . I just wanted some info as what happened even took me by surprise. Dallas did stop me getting an injury to the face and he's always right there where we train. It was just really strange how it occurred like an absolute loss of any kind of energy. I wasn't expecting it at all it was no where near my normal point of fail so anyone wouldn't have seen it coming. It was very odd. But hey. . . It's not happened since and I did take it easy for a while but already out grown that weight. Thanks for replies
As long as you are happy with your progress and you have no lasting injuries then everything is good ma'am... Keep up the good work!

RAIDEN

RAIDEN

VIP Member
Feb 22, 2012
i remeber telling you a week ago in the chat box to chill out, obviously you dont listen too well. You need to grow some thicker skin and fukkin relax!! You should be thankful people are trying to help your wife and figure out what might be the problem with her. I can tell you this, you are not gonna make many friends here with that piss poor defensive attitude, chill out and enjoy the forum...your choice.

dallas

dallas

May 23, 2014
Someone tells my wife im a PRICK, and im the one in the wrong ???? go figure. I haven't actually called names or actually been offensive directly to anyone. I tell you now . . . If I called someone a prick on hear you would all jump down my throat, and I would be in the wrong. Sure is a case of the face don't fit. Shame really :( . I don't wont or mean to offend anyone, but remember it was me that was slandered hear and I in no way deserved that. SOOOOOO yeh, I retaliate like anyone else will

Last edited:
BrotherIron

BrotherIron

VIP Member
Mar 6, 2011
Dallas, chill... Everyone is just trying to help so no need to get defensive.

There are outside factors which can hinder someone's training like stress, lack of sleep, lack of food, etc... The main thing is that she has a spotter and that you (the spotter) always keep a close eye on her while she's training.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic