Latest Member
RalfKelleh
What's New?

Subcutaneous Lipoma - "Fatty Tumors"

Ogre717

Ogre717

TID Official Lab Rat
Jul 22, 2011
hmmm... PGCL, mesotherpy treatment or lipostabil. I have some google'n to do now. thanks for the responses

Patriot1405

Patriot1405

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2011
Had a lipoma, grow inside my colon. My colon then pulled on it believing it was food, eventually perforating my colon and causing internal bleeding. Had emergency surgery, and a portion of my colon removed. That was almost seven years ago, and was the catalyst in my decision to eat healthier and workout. Wife and kids all workout out as well now, has become a lifestyle in my household.

Warrior45

Warrior45

TID Board Of Directors
Nov 9, 2012
I had a lipoma on the back of my shoulder cut out. I didn't know it was there until one day a friend said you have awesome rear delts. So I looked in the mirror, and was like where did that come from???

Anyways, my pap always had them too, and the one I had cut out....grew back in 2 years. Its not as big now, but I still hate it.

tightglutes

tightglutes

TID VIP Lady Member
May 1, 2012
sounds like you have the heredity condition. the genetic mutation" condition" comes from a benign tumor made of fatty tissue. If you had these checked as a child then they checked for being tumorous. your condition is called lipomatosis. you can look that up. most people leave them be unless they become painful then they have them removed. But people do have them removed for cosmetic reasons. Your insurance might not cover it if it is for cosmetic reasons. But if u have a cool doc maybe he can say they are painful to you and they will cover it :)

woodswise

woodswise

TID Board Of Directors
Apr 29, 2012
I have a few of these and they seem to shrink as I diet down. I am hoping when I get under 10% bf they will not be so noticeable. Since I haven't ever been under 10% I don't know if they will disappear when I get to single digit bf or not. I am hoping they will.

Azog

Azog

Sep 9, 2012
I have some on my abs. I had pubertal gyne removed and will ask my surgeon about them at my next check up. Just curious as to the procedure cause mine are small and dont really bug me.

Anyone have some real small ones removed? What was it like?

woodswise

woodswise

TID Board Of Directors
Apr 29, 2012
I had a couple removed by my GP. A shot of novacane a small cut, and he took them right out and closed the hole with some stitches. The scar showed up for a few years, now it is invisible.

K

KHC89

May 2, 2013
have a few fatty pea sized spots hiding in my bicep area, sorta annoying ;/

woodswise

woodswise

TID Board Of Directors
Apr 29, 2012
I have a few of these and they seem to shrink as I diet down. I am hoping when I get under 10% bf they will not be so noticeable. Since I haven't ever been under 10% I don't know if they will disappear when I get to single digit bf or not. I am hoping they will.

So far so good. I have dieted down from over 24% to around 15% and the lipomas are shrinking. My cut is nearly done so I'll have to wait until next year to see if they disappear completely when I get into single bf% numbers.

Ogre717

Ogre717

TID Official Lab Rat
Jul 22, 2011
For the record, these have only gotten worse with time and higher bf%. It's gonna get brought up to the doctors soon. Maybe healthcare outside the military will be worth it

S

Shock

VIP Member
Nov 28, 2015
I have dealt and still deal with lipomatosis also. Mine never get any bigger than about an inch or so in diameter, but they're still annoying to me, especially with a relatively low bf%.

For the past 15 years or so, I've researched options for combating/correcting this, but I've never found anything groundbreaking through my own research or from physicians.

At first, I had a military doctor cut out a couple of the largest ones that were in a joint area. And, like you, I didn't want scars all over, so I attempted a sort of mesotherapy under my own direction. I didn't realize any real gains from this, so since that time, I've opted for the only real cure/adjuct, superficial surgery.

I've gone to a plastic surgeon to have about 30 cut out at one time, and I've also cut out about 40 or more myself. It's a relatively simple operation and can leave only minimal scarring if your surgeon is skilled enough and you follow proper post-surgery care protocol. I'm not sure how much this type of surgery costs in the US, as I had mine done while in Stuttgart, Germany, so you'll have to do a little research.

Anyway, for me personally, I prefer the tiny scars to having small subcutaneous lumps by far. And as time has gone on, I've noticed that if I'm diligent about cutting out the complete capsule, the lipomas don't return in that same area. I get some new ones every now and then but the rate has significantly decreased over time.

Good luck in finding a solution that fits you.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic