Latest Member
RalfKelleh
What's New?

Styku Body Shape Analysis

Kluso

Kluso

VIP Member
Oct 30, 2022
Not sure if I’m posting this in the right area. Has anyone done one of these scans before? Says my BF% is over 20% when most say I’m under 10% per pics. It’s basically an infrared scanner that spins u around for a 3D scan. Also is says my fat mass is 43lbs but visceral fat is 0.7lbs and subQ fat is 2.3lbs. That doesn’t equal 43lbs. What’s the other 40lbs? And the coach guy at my gym that did the scan has no clue why. But assured me it’s comparable to a DEXA scan. Lol. Any ideas?
ACB5BF08-421C-4ED8-BCD5-97D0F8BDEE77.jpeg

beefnewton

beefnewton

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2022
Comparable to a DEXA scan my ass. It's basically a glorified tape measure test. No way that's gonna be accurate for someone that has muscles.

Fatty...

43 pounds of fat. Lmao. "I just have no idea why it says that. It's almost like you lift or something,"

Go get an InBody scan at least. Even that would be way more accurate.

genetic freak

genetic freak

VIP Member
Dec 28, 2015
They are garbage. The wellness center I go to has them, but they also have hydrostatic underwater weighing. The results are not close to each other, even for fat people.

Kluso

Kluso

VIP Member
Oct 30, 2022
I figure at least I have a baseline to compare to.

testboner

testboner

VIP Member
Oct 10, 2010
The Styku SUCKS. I looked for but can’t find a scan I did at one of my gyms 2 or 3 years ago on the Styku. I recall being very conditioned at the time and yet it estimated I was at 12 or 13% (don’t recall exactly) BF. I’d frequently been using 2 different InBody scanners and each was consistently returning a reading in the 5 and 6% range.
The Inbody isn’t great accuracy, but it does most closely align with the DEXA. It uses bioimpedence, so at least it’s actually receiving some real time bio feedback markers unlike the Styku that just runs a basic software formula based off scanned measurements.
Based off your recent posted progress pics, I’d guesstimate an Inbody scan would read you as being 8-9% BF — possibly a slight bit lower even.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic