Latest Member
pbtom
What's New?

Stretching routine ?

pux888

pux888

MuscleHead
Oct 1, 2010
Any of you guys have a good comprehensive stretching program? Ive been doing simple stretches for years but over time Im loosing my mobility due to heavy movements and lack of dedication to stretching. Id like to devote some time this winter to improving my flexibility, if any of you guys have a good program I would truly appreciate it.

pux888

pux888

MuscleHead
Oct 1, 2010
Bump up for tight muscle relief.

MAYO

MAYO

Bad Mother
Sep 27, 2010
I put my wife's legs over her head.....does that count?

Snachito

Snachito

Oct 8, 2010
Pux are you talkiing about just stretching after a workout or stretching kind of like Yoga kind of stretching or do you mean fascial stretching the kind you do with DC training?

G

Greenmonster

Sep 28, 2010
I stretch by walking in to the gym from my truck. LOL I do fascia stretching after workouts to give my muscles more room to grow. I dont do it before because it decreases muscle efficiency and can cause injury. I just do a few warm up sets or do 10min or so on a bike before hand.

pux888

pux888

MuscleHead
Oct 1, 2010
Pux are you talkiing about just stretching after a workout or stretching kind of like Yoga kind of stretching or do you mean fascial stretching the kind you do with DC training?

Honestly man I dont exactly know what Im looking for. Ive lifted heavy for so long while half ass stretching and its really starting to affect my mobility. I have taken a few yoga classes years ago. I do some of the stretches I did growing up wrestling and playing football. Im always in a hurry to get home and eat. Maybe I simply need to spend more time working on fundamental stretches. What do you guys typically do?

meetcake

meetcake

Sep 29, 2010
i need to start stretching, my flexibility is horrible. i cant even scratch the top of my shoulders or back

T

THE-DET-OAK

Sep 11, 2010
i stretch my lower half way more than the top. if i dont my hammy's tighten up and make my back hurt.

hip flexors are a good one to prevent injury, and i stretch my back on the ball before every workout.

jdjack

jdjack

MuscleHead
Sep 22, 2010
I stretch by walking in to the gym from my truck. LOL I do fascia stretching after workouts to give my muscles more room to grow. I dont do it before because it decreases muscle efficiency and can cause injury. I just do a few warm up sets or do 10min or so on a bike before hand.

This!!!!!! Its also been confirmed with data in journals.

Snachito

Snachito

Oct 8, 2010
Honestly man I dont exactly know what Im looking for. Ive lifted heavy for so long while half ass stretching and its really starting to affect my mobility. I have taken a few yoga classes years ago. I do some of the stretches I did growing up wrestling and playing football. Im always in a hurry to get home and eat. Maybe I simply need to spend more time working on fundamental stretches. What do you guys typically do?
Pux a good way to make sure you are stretching (and I believe it will help with mobility not just helping the fascia) is doing some DC method stretching.

I'll find the pics somewhere here in my computer and what you do is lets say you workout chest, shoulders, Triceps, Back width, Back thickness on day 1 (theres a lot more DC training, but I'll just talk about the stretches) and once you do your rest/pause set you stretch your chest by sitting on an incline bench and getting a somewhat heavy pair of dumbells and just open up like doing a fly (just the stretch part of it you don't have to bring it up) just stretch out the pecs for 30 seconds. Believe me after a brutal set of rest/pause then this stretching is TOUGH!! Then you go on and do shoulders and the same thing after you finish your last set for shoulders you stretch the muscle. So basically it's stretching the muscle that you just worked out right after performing them, not trying to fit in a whole bunch of stretches after you finish working out.

Let me find the pics and I'll post pics of the stretches for this later on today as it's 1am and I gotta get to sleep!!

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic