Threads
Members
Latest Member
Rolanalon
What's New?

Stretches for Groin pull

VIP Member
Nov 3, 2012
Never had this problem and need advice. What stretches can I do to get this to loosen up? Squatted 2 days ago and was bit more sore than usual yesterday. When I woke today left side is tight as hell and painful to move.

S

schultz1

Bangs Raiden's mom VIP
Jan 3, 2011
I dont know that i would do any static stretching. Heat ice repeat and roll it with something. Icy hot and a lacrosse ball. Static stretch would make it worse imo. Bonus is youll get icy hot on your sack, its amazing

Reactions: 5.0
UncleAl

UncleAl

MuscleHead
Jun 20, 2012
Sports injury clinics and physical therapists have provided loads of videos and articles with the stretches you are looking for on the net. However, you risk a tear if you try to fully stretch a pulled groin during the acute stage.

I've had a few slight to moderate pulls. Once I was good to go (that is, after a few days' rest to let the pain/inflammation subside), I usually started back with the adductor (aka good girl) machine. I'd find a weight I could handle without pain for fifteen reps, work up to three or four sets three days a week, then increase the ROM and/or add weight. For stretches, I did lunges and cossacks, letting pain be my guide, always cutting the stretch short of the pain threshold.

Since it's nearly impossible to take adductors out of the equation during leg work (except for isolation stuff, like leg ext and leg curl), be VERY careful when looking for workarounds while you heal. I was able to do partial squats, leg presses, etc. (again, short of pain threshold) at moderate intensity pretty quickly, but if your injury is severe, it may be prudent to let them go completely for a while.

Hope you heal quickly.

Last edited:
Reactions: 5.0
Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic