pbtom
What's New?

Strengthen Abs for Back Workout

BovaJP

BovaJP

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Feb 15, 2013
Historically, my lower back has been just yuck, meaning that it gets aggravated when i'm doing bent over anything (not all the time, but most of the time).

A few weeks ago, was working out with my trainer it was back day. We were doing a super set of seated cable rows and he had me doing some weighted ab crunches. We did about 3 supesets or so. Was wondering why he had me do some abs, but hey i just do what i'm told (mostly lol!).
Then we went to the landmine/tbar rows. I was wearing my belt (of course). But man, what a difference that made in this movement that he had me activate my abs so that my abs would support the heavy load of the tbar rows and not my lower back! It was fabulous. And of course he explained to me why he had me do abs before doing the bent over tbar rows.

Happy lifting y'all.

The other Snake

The other Snake

VIP Member
Aug 19, 2016
I never like the idea of doing abs before back, even light. But my guess is the ab work helps stretch out your back. I am big on inversion and that gets done for about 4 min. as soon as I walk in the gym. Wish I could go longer but just as with other things, 4 min is all I got in me. lol

If it works for ya Bova, run with it!

TEMPLAR KNIGHT

TEMPLAR KNIGHT

F.I.S.T.
May 15, 2021
One thing for sure ive learned is abs are so fuckin crutial for a strong back.
Im older and am Italian and love to eat so I stopoed caring about working abs.I figured im never getting a 6 pack again so fuck it.

But man was I always hurting my lower back.All the time.Even when doing heavy curls, my back would hurt many times afterwards days later
Then I started working abs again.Just to tighten up some and FUCK, HUGE difference.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic