Members
Latest Member
Kiddorism

Strength training for arm wrestling

SAD

SAD

TID Board Of Directors
Feb 3, 2011
Give me some ideas of things you’ve done in your routines that smoked your forearms and hands/wrists.

You can leave out heavy deadlifts and static holds for reasons I don’t want to even get into, but safe to say I was convinced over a very long discussion that deadlifts are terrible for arm wrestling.

What apparatus? What techniques with plates, dumbbells, etc?

I’ve been digging my hand through a 5gal bucket of rice each day, and I’ll tell ya what, it’s no joke. Depending on how you “swim” your hand through it, you can get a complete hand/wrist/forearm workout. Super setting that with sledgehammer rotations side to side and also rising (think holding a sword straight in front of you pointing forwards, and then without moving your arm or elbow, pointing the sword straight up with only your wrist), and then hundreds of partial reps with a light band and blood flow restriction cuffs on.

I don’t care what my arms look like in 2 years, although I imagine they’ll be gnarly and still somewhat aesthetic, so traditional full range shit is out the window, along with anything that doesn’t allow my hand/wrist to stay cupped (no backwards wrist flexion).

I can’t wait to have those forearms that look round from every angle, you know what I’m talking about.

Lizard King

Lizard King

Administrator
Staff Member
Sep 9, 2010
Rice is a good one, harder than pea stone. I like hanging a weight off a rope tied to a bar and rolling it up and down, old baseball move for wrist/forearm strength as well as grip.

Did that funky apparatus I sent do any good?

Reactions: SAD
SAD

SAD

TID Board Of Directors
Feb 3, 2011
It’s great for warming up and for loosening up the days after a hard table practice, but for getting stronger and more explosive it won’t really help. It also makes it hard to get a good cupped grip with it, but I use it daily in small ways so yes, it does good, haha.

I have such incredible biceps tendon pain some days (today) that I sneak by on ibuprofen and inactivity.

monsoon

monsoon

Senior Bacon VIP
Nov 1, 2010
After double breaking my right wrist in December, I bought pretty much every hand/ wrist device on Amazon, bucket of rice or sand beats all. I also have loading pins and a handle that I use for single arm dead’s or carries. Hanging from pull up bar with fat grips. I do kind of the sword thing you do with a loadable only Db handle, just loading one end.
Rope pull ups are good too.

Reactions: SAD
Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic