Latest Member
Ethan7400
What's New?

Stopper Fail??

jipped genes

jipped genes

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2022
.45 whatman and filter it up into a new vial. I had it happen with 20 ga needles on 50 ml jugs. I started transferring the gear from the big jugs to sterile 10 ml vials and drawing with smaller pins.

C

ceo

VIP Member
Oct 12, 2010
.45 whatman and filter it up into a new vial.

This.

I've also used filter needles when drawing from amps to keep from getting glass shards in me. It will stop the rubber, but you need to switch to a different needle if you are transferring to another vial.

Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk

genetic freak

genetic freak

VIP Member
Dec 28, 2015
.45 whatman and filter it up into a new vial. I had it happen with 20 ga needles on 50 ml jugs. I started transferring the gear from the big jugs to sterile 10 ml vials and drawing with smaller pins.
Yep. When I get a jug over 20 ml I do the same.

BD Cool

BD Cool

VIP Member
Dec 1, 2011
I never had an issue with 18's tearing up my stopper, but everything I've had recently is in 10 ml vials. I could see where this could be an issue with larger sized vials.

M

Massive G

VIP Member
Apr 10, 2020
I will never forget years ago popping 3 ccs in my delt and spotting a small Grey particle flowing towards the needle. I immediately withdrew it and emptied it on a paper towel. To my shock it was a piece of the stopper. That's when I stopped using 18 g to draw and filtered everything. I can't imagine how many times that happened before in glute injections as some of my early days I could put 5 ccs in at a time with 50mg Mexican gear.

Jrod

Jrod

Jun 30, 2022
After I warm up the vial, I draw with a 23 and prefill 27g insulin pins.
Has been working great for years.
I keep some syringe filters on hand. I’ve bought several vials from a source and a couple had floaters so I just pulled all the oil out with a 20cc barrel and filtered into new vials. No sense in wasting the gear.

N

Nerve

May 11, 2015
18 g is going to damage the stopper a lot faster, so the largest pin I use to draw is 22 g. If you are drawing small doses from a 10 ml or anything from a jug it is bound to happen with the larger pins.

This. 18g is huge. That will eat up stoppers quick, especially bigger vials. I use a 22g to draw & either a 25g or 27g to pin. Fuck using these huge ass needles to pin; nuts lol.

Kluso

Kluso

VIP Member
Oct 30, 2022
If I’m drawing 1ml or more at a time I will use 20g. If I’m only pulling out .5ml, like when on trt doses I will use a 23g. Some stoppers are thicker too and more likely to fall apart like that. Informed source at the time and he already knew about the issue and had already replaced the stoppers on the rest of his stock. I ended up getting some vial spikes instead of getting replacements and like those a lot!

P

Pen Sillman

VIP Member
Oct 30, 2022
Call me old, call me crazy. Drawing thru a 23G is nothing. It takes maybe a minute more than drawing thru say an 18G. Christ, I've had busy days in my life but adding on a minute or two to your drawing is not a big deal. Not worth the freaking hassle to use two different sized pins. I even have a batch of very thick oiled Test on hand. I just run it under some hot tap water. I really don't understand the whole 18G draw thing. No offense meant to anyone. You do you, I'll do me.

genetic freak

genetic freak

VIP Member
Dec 28, 2015
Call me old, call me crazy. Drawing thru a 23G is nothing. It takes maybe a minute more than drawing thru say an 18G. Christ, I've had busy days in my life but adding on a minute or two to your drawing is not a big deal. Not worth the freaking hassle to use two different sized pins. I even have a batch of very thick oiled Test on hand. I just run it under some hot tap water. I really don't understand the whole 18G draw thing. No offense meant to anyone. You do you, I'll do me.
I have even used 25g to draw if I am just doing sub-q and only drawing .25 ml. You are right, it really doesn't take much more time.

P

pincushn

VIP Member
Dec 13, 2022
OLD! CRAZY!

satisfied?

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic