Latest Member
pbtom
What's New?

Stopper Fail??

Tuffoldman

Tuffoldman

VIP Member
May 23, 2011
Not sure where to post this but I ran into something tonight with my wife and my shots. I always draw with an 18g in and switch to a 23g so the needle is as sharp as possible. Today with not ONE but TWO draws I ended up with part of the stopper into the barrel of my syringe. In almost 20 years of shots, I have never seen this before. I threw the new bottle away just to be safe but damn 10ml out the window.

I would assume most of you draw with an 18g and shoot with something else the same way.

Tuffoldman

Tuffoldman

VIP Member
May 23, 2011
I just realized that these were laying on their side rather than how I normally store them. A lot less room in our new place we are living so have stuff stored differently.

could that make the stopped wear out faster?

jhotsauce7

jhotsauce7

TID Board Of Directors
Jan 18, 2011
I draw with 23 and pin with 23. I used to use 18’s but it tore up the stoppers on occasion for me too. Never got a piece in the barrel but the pin as taken visible chunks out of it into the vial once, and that was trash then. The most I ever pin is 3ml a week so it’s not really a big deal thay it takes me an extra 3-4 min

Tuffoldman

Tuffoldman

VIP Member
May 23, 2011
Hell, how many of those rubber stoppers are in me now?? hahaha., Maybe I've never looked that close but today there were huge pieces floating around.

IronSoul

IronSoul

TID Board Of Directors
Apr 2, 2013
I used to use 18’s also until I ran into this problem. It’s worth using a smaller gauge and waiting longer to draw than having pieces of the stopper in your oil.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tuffoldman

Tuffoldman

VIP Member
May 23, 2011
18's always allowed for pieces of rubber to float around, get a syringe filter....
Thanks for the reply... Do you filter pulling into the syringe or do you filter shooting?

Damn I feel like a nOOb.

IronSoul

IronSoul

TID Board Of Directors
Apr 2, 2013
Thanks for the reply... Do you filter pulling into the syringe or do you filter shooting?

Damn I feel like a nOOb.

Naw man, all good. I didn’t know filters were even a thing for drawing up. That’s good to know. FD expand on that a bit bro. I’m curious

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

genetic freak

genetic freak

VIP Member
Dec 28, 2015
18 g is going to damage the stopper a lot faster, so the largest pin I use to draw is 22 g. If you are drawing small doses from a 10 ml or anything from a jug it is bound to happen with the larger pins.

JackD

JackD

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Sep 16, 2010
The 18G will shred stoppers. Last time I used one was back in 10. I only use 20g now. They sell 19g filter needles by BD. Well they used to 10 years ago, they might still now. But I use to use those to draw and make sure I didn’t get any pieces of the stopper that were left overs from the 18g. Also, You can always use a micron filter and put it in a clean vial rather than throwing it away.

Reactions: ceo
Rock Diesel

Rock Diesel

Mar 16, 2022
Same here as everyone else. I tried the 18g and they always tore up the stoppers. I've been using a 22g to draw and 23g or 25g to pin. (Depending on where I'm putting it)

Reactions: ceo
Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic