Latest Member
Kiddorism
What's New?

Still Get Sore?

BrotherIron

BrotherIron

VIP Member
Mar 6, 2011
I only get muscle soreness (DOMS) if I do an exercise I haven't done in a while, or if I take some time off.

Joint soreness is a totally different story. Almost always get sore knees for a day or two after squats.

Flex you should try putting a topical analgesic on your knees. That will help with soreness the days after.

Bullmuscle7

Bullmuscle7

MuscleHead
Jun 11, 2014
Usually for a day as I hit stuff so hard. But my recovery has stepped up great since I did GVT. Now on this program...its really quick.

shortz

shortz

Beard of Knowledge VIP
May 6, 2013
Being sore can have many factors. Because of this, don't automatically assume that if you aren't sore, that you're going to make progress. I went many, many months without being sore, and still had good results.

Obviously, as many stated, the most common thing to cause soreness is simply an increase or change in stimulus. In many low volume routines, you might not end up being sore at all, but you will see gains.

Just remember that being sore after every single workout COULD actually be that you're doing too much too. Eventually the body should start adapting, decreasing soreness by a good amount. Assess diet and training to try to pinpoint the exact cauase, whether it's good or bad, to help know when or if you should change things.

ketsugo

ketsugo

MuscleHead
Sep 10, 2011
I haven't gotten sore since I was 14. Never get sore . There are many ways to grow , lifting heavy is only one. There are many ways to perform a set and rep .while heavy weight. Makes fibers grow larger there are extended partials , prexhuastion superset sequence , performing slower roes both up and down as muscle tension duration creates fiber splitting . As you continue to research bodybuilding there are various proven ways that majority of regular gym goers have never heard of. Strip sets, you try them all at one time or another to shock the body to increase intensity . I haven't felt sore in 20 years and I have grown much larger in that time and strong as hell. Look for growth not soreness. Soreness or burn during a set but that's it

C

C T J

Crossfit VIP
Jan 24, 2013
There ya have it. No more getting sore. Just have to train like Ketsugo!

T

Torres

MuscleHead
Sep 16, 2013
I stay sore, especially when I go HAM on leg day !!!
But some days are different than others . I may be sore but not as much , other days I'll be sore that I'm moving like a ****in robot !!!

silntrunin

silntrunin

MuscleHead
Aug 30, 2011
I can't believe some of you guys don't get sore anymore. I usually only get sore when I change things up and do different exercises but I've been doing TUT training for at least 3-4 weeks now and I'm still getting sore as hell. Guess my body just hasn't fully adapted to it yet.

HDH

HDH

TID Board Of Directors
Sep 30, 2011
I stay sore, especially when I go HAM on leg day !!!
But some days are different than others . I may be sore but not as much , other days I'll be sore that I'm moving like a ****in robot !!!

Me to bud, I make sure of it :)

Light and heavy soreness. If I'm starting not to get sore I switch up weight, reps, holds, hold times, speed of negatives, etc...

I stick with pretty much the same exercises though.

H

Grumpyfit

Grumpyfit

MuscleHead
Jun 7, 2012
I haven't gotten sore since I was 14. Never get sore . There are many ways to grow , lifting heavy is only one. There are many ways to perform a set and rep .while heavy weight. Makes fibers grow larger there are extended partials , prexhuastion superset sequence , performing slower roes both up and down as muscle tension duration creates fiber splitting . As you continue to research bodybuilding there are various proven ways that majority of regular gym goers have never heard of. Strip sets, you try them all at one time or another to shock the body to increase intensity . I haven't felt sore in 20 years and I have grown much larger in that time and strong as hell. Look for growth not soreness. Soreness or burn during a set but that's it

Must be nice, especially after a good bench session, and after doing some legs and then climb some steps can really hert and laugh in pain.

Iron Sand

Iron Sand

Apr 18, 2015
I never get sore unless I switch to an exercise I have not done in a long time, or I take a week off.

Other than that, I lift heavy consistently and have zero soreness. (muscular)

This is me. At 44 and having been lifting for 20 years soreness for me is joints and mobility related and not DOMS. Every now and then I change something just enough that I get mild soreness for a day. Yesterday I did a bench routine I expected to leave me sore today. Yet it is only very slight.

ketsugo

ketsugo

MuscleHead
Sep 10, 2011
Ok iron sand that I can feel ya! Although I haven't gotten muscle pain soreness from workouts in years . I do go beyond threshold in a set , but more so a typical day I live begins at 3am my preworkout meal and sups , I drink tea while it digests then 5 am do my weights . 730 am I'm back home doing my practices for my combat - whether I'm pretending to take on multiple attackers or reviewing a scenario I had lived through overseas , or cutting with sword , knife or machete non stop using footwork parrying all nonstop to simulate cardio type workouts .
Could also be using heavy bag in 3 minute rounds up to ten . Then I go to work . 7pm - 9ish I'm teaching or taking classes either way I get violently thrown in 50 various ways on my back , side ect taking turns doing the same . All non stop . Keeping cardio in mind and I encourage all there too, I say we never do push-ups or sit ups no jumping jacks , maybe dynamic stretches at the end no static . 7 days week past 40 years probably more when I was younger . So yes at times I wake up and my bones or joints may feel tight . But getting sound sleep , sound diet , utilizing the aas recovery I do not get soreness in my muscles . Ironically my friends will sometimes work out with me although I prefer to work out solo. They never work out a second time as ironically they do my workout and actually get sore 2-3 days later . I train several amateur BB who also no longer get sore but they did few years ago and always days later ironically . See you live and train all your life . Martial arts and sports since age 5. Bodybuilding since age 12 . I've never once missed a workout and I have planned lay offs . I planned my spine surgery around my layoff lol. Then you train around your injuries . So no I don't get sore

Iron Sand

Iron Sand

Apr 18, 2015
Sounds like you are having fun. I am not a BB. I am a dad and athlete who enjoys lifting and hates missing a day when life gets in the way. I play in a Volleyball circuit that makes me just enough money to pay for the tournaments I play in and the food I eat there. I have not done fight training or any martial arts since I turned in my badge 15 years ago. But I do have crappy knees that I get Synvisc injections in every couple years and had back surgery, Microdiscectomy L5/S1, 4 years ago that left me with some mild permanent sciatic damage. Between these two bigger issues and a separated arch, broken ribs, partial shoulder tear and a host of other fun injuries I tend to have some nagging pains. It is rare however that they hold me back. In fact I find that the more often I lift the better they feel. If I miss leg day for too many days my knees ache. They thank me after a good hard session of unilateral work and some plyo work. As I sit here this morning I have some elbow pain that is new recently but I not lifting today since I play tonight will give it the time it needs to go away.
The good news about getting older is we learn our bodies. Not many people would wake up and limp to take that first piss and think...I need to get in the gym to fix this pain. :)

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 1 members watching this topic