Stickler's Rebirth Log

Stickler

Stickler

VIP Member
Oct 28, 2010
7-23-2022
Day 6 Rest: -> Day 3 Rest
Morning weight 201.5 lbs

I'm sore as FUCK! My coach has definitely designed this routine knowing I put intensity into EVERY set. I believe the splits with certain rest days are placed where they are on purpose, because I definitely need that recovery day when they show up.

Lol, I was going to workout, but needed to focus on income, plus it's 95° and feels like 107°. Gym is hot unless I get there early.

Didn't make it and ditched cardio.

Stickler

Stickler

VIP Member
Oct 28, 2010
7-24-2022
Day 6 -> Day 4 (nope, pool day)
--
30 Day mark! Morning weight 200 lbs
Total loss 12.5 lbs

So I've been back at the gym for 30 days. 3 weeks on my coach's diet and Tuesday will be 3 full weeks on his workout routine. I have strayed a day or two here and there, but pretty much on point. I'm down a total of 12.5lbs since I've started.

Woke up still sore. I have my 1st 3 week check in and body scan tomorrow. It's supposed to be 99° and a feels like 110° with humidity today. The plan is to grill some food, meal prep for the next couple days, and then hit the pool and have some family time with my old man.

Enjoy you Sunday because I sure am.

Stickler

Stickler

VIP Member
Oct 28, 2010
I brought my own meals, relaxing, had a couple of Pringles chips, might have 1 ear of corn. However, I have 1st check in tomorrow with my coach and I feel a bit bloated, not liking that at all. I'm hoping to not be holding any water weight since my weight is at its lowest so far in years.

Last time I was under 200 was like 8 or 9 years ago because I had a sickness. Gotta keep this thing moving forward at all costs.

If I'm gonna feel guilty about being bloated might as well be at my dads:
20220724_135728.jpg

IronSoul

IronSoul

TID Board Of Directors
Apr 2, 2013
You’re likely bloated due to elevated cortisol from the intensity you’ve been giving in the gym and some water retention. Those rest days are imperative for the cortisol spikes. Just get plenty of water in and some good sleep. You can get some of that water out before weigh in. Congrats on the progress so far man.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Stickler

Stickler

VIP Member
Oct 28, 2010
7-25-2022
Had my 1st check in today (25 days since my first one):
BODY CHANGES:
-10lbs of fat
+3lbs of muscle
-4% BF
30.2% BF -> 26.6%BF - NOT BAD for just 3 weeks and no help other than diet, exercise, and cardio.
212lbs ->205 (I had a morning weight yesterday of 200.3 lbs., but drank water and had 2 meals so far before my body scan).

----
Full disclosure and could definitely be skewing the results is last time I was wearing my workout shorts during the scan, this time I was not. I don't care though, I'll take it, lol. Down from 212 to 205 (I had a morning weight yesterday of 200.3 lbs., but drank water and had 2 meals so far before my body scan).

DIET CHANGES:

He asked me what food I was sick of, I said none of at this point. He added .25 ounces of beef to my diet, added .25 cup of strawberries to "snack 1," and switched my breakfast from 4 eggs & .75 cup oatmeal to 5 eggs whites + 1egg + .75 cup oatmeal.

Change of about 162 calories and a drop in 19.5g of fat. Fat/Carbs are pretty much the same.

Here's the snapshot laid out by meals/snacks. The last month I didn't actually do "Snack 3." I have the money for the protein now. So I'll accurately be hitting all the macros as I'm supposed to.
7-25-2022-diet.jpg

He gave me a sheet w/ "free foods" on it. I was pleased to see celery, pickles, salsa, sugar free jello, sugar free soft drinks, and sauerkraut. NOT, that I have anything to put the sauerkraut on and that shit makes me gassy as hell, but at least I know it's there if I'm desperate to eat something. The rest was condiments/toppings/fat free dressings ...

He didn't like I used half & half in my coffee.. told me to switch to Nestle Powdered creamer (but the link he sent me said it was "lite," and that shit wasn't in the grocery store I was at today.. mf'ers).

Last thing he smacked my wrist on was when I told him I can pretty much eye up my food w/o the scale now. He said, "Use a scale, he still uses the scale. We set certain things for certain reasons." Then he handed me a "Tips to Be Successful" sheet. What's the 1st thing on the sheet? Measure all your foods.

Routine Changes:
I'm supposed to text him tonight to get a new routine. I told him I was just starting to get used to it and started making serious progress with some aggression. He says, "Good, that's why were changing it." I mean most people know the body is the most productive with change and loves to be surprised, but shit man, after only 3 weeks?! Ok... you're the boss! I'll post the new routine after I get it, and then of course daily as I have thoughts during the workout, end results and final comparison week to week.

Supplement Changes:
Time to flood the receptors boys and girls! Lots and lots of creatine and protein powder! ;) I'm seriously juiced about moving forward. LOL.

Stickler

Stickler

VIP Member
Oct 28, 2010
7-26-2022
Morning weight 199lbs - still losing weight

MENTAL MIND FUCK YESTERDAY. My son found out his mom has colon cancer and this is the first I'm hearing about it. Found it early, removed the pollip. She's confident everything will be ok, but I know she could be covering to keep my son calm, it's just what she does. He doesn't want me talking to her about it unless he gives me the ok and talks to her first. I was very happy yesterday morning, then distracted the rest of the day.

Saw coach this morning, he said he'll have my new workout tonight for tomorrow. So I'm just going to do "Day 4" aka legs since my lower back doesn't hurt today and I've neglected them for years. Not sure how the numbers will be. We'll see.

Day 2-> nope Day 4 (next in the rotation anyway)

Added stretches to help with mobility per my coach's suggestion:

-Bo bar (whatever the fuck it is, large thick wooden pole) for shoulders and chest to stretch for squats. 20sec x3 left/right/above/below pull
-Calf stretch 20 sec each side x3
-Flexor stretch 20sec each side x3

Squats 5 x 6-8 3 sec negative each rep
-Last Week: 45x8, 95x8, 135x8, 185x8, 185x6
-This week: 135x8, 185x8, 205x8, 205x5, 185x7
-This Week: 135x8, 135x8, 155x8 (hard time getting low enough), 155x5 (form is garbage), 135x6 - BACKWARDS, in my own head.

Stiff leg deads 5 x 8-10 3 sec negative each rep
-Last Week:5 x 8x95
-This Week: 5 x 8x95, 115, 135, 135, 135x5
-This Week: 135x10, 135x10, 135x10, 135x10, 0 (heads not in it)

Leg press 4 x 15 2 sec pause in paused position the first 5 reps of each set do the next 10 Straight thru without pausing
-Last Week: 200x15, 290x15, 290x15, 290x15
-This Week: 200x15, 290x15, 290x15, 290x7
-This Week: skipped (2 people alternating a ton of plates, no time)

How the FUCK do I lose a gallon water jug?!?!? Not my kind of day. I'm out. I need to clear my head and make some money.

Total waste of a fucking gym day.

genetic freak

genetic freak

VIP Member
Dec 28, 2015
Sorry to hear about your son's mother.

Everything else looks positive. On the squats, depth and form, a lot of times people have issues, because they go in cold and their hips are tight. Hit the hamstrings first then go to squats. Your depth should improve. If your form still sucks it is likely due to you chasing the muscle groups being activated throughout the movement. For example, you are trying to force the activation into your quads, glutes or hamstrings by changing the angle or plane of the movement instead of focusing on the muscle itself.

IronSoul

IronSoul

TID Board Of Directors
Apr 2, 2013
Man, really sorry to hear about your sons mother. I hope everything goes well from here forward and she makes a full recovery. I don’t think you wasted the day in the gym bro. You still got in some good work. How was the stretching? Did you notice a difference in your workout from doing them?

Stickler

Stickler

VIP Member
Oct 28, 2010
Sorry to hear about your son's mother.

Everything else looks positive. On the squats, depth and form, a lot of times people have issues, because they go in cold and their hips are tight. Hit the hamstrings first then go to squats. Your depth should improve. If your form still sucks it is likely due to you chasing the muscle groups being activated throughout the movement. For example, you are trying to force the activation into your quads, glutes or hamstrings by changing the angle or plane of the movement instead of focusing on the muscle itself.
Yeah, waiting on a call i did do stretching before hand and during the sets. I am definitely NOT focusing on the whole group which is probably why I'm over thinking it. Also, my feet are extremely flat and my balance leaning forward is terrible, so I tend to wobble a little. That's what keeps me from going heavier. That and watching I don't hurt my back. Main reason why I avoided them all these years. Afraid of back injury. Now I'm just doing what the coach tells me and keeping weight low enough to stay not hurt amd get results.
Man, really sorry to hear about your sons mother. I hope everything goes well from here forward and she makes a full recovery. I don’t think you wasted the day in the gym bro. You still got in some good work. How was the stretching? Did you notice a difference in your workout from doing them?

Thanks bro. To be honest, head is better today, diet is back to dialed in, and stretching definitely made a difference.

Plus I have fatigue in all the right spots from the squats and deadlifts that DID get accomplished yesterday.

IronSoul

IronSoul

TID Board Of Directors
Apr 2, 2013
Good man, glad to hear so. Keep trucking brother

Stickler

Stickler

VIP Member
Oct 28, 2010
7-27-2022
Morning weight 197.5lbs -> down 15lbs in 33 days
--
NOTES *DIET:
Had a major caloric deficit yesterday. Missed 3 meals. I've got to assume a little water will bring this back up.. but this shit is just melting off!

Update: 2 cups of coffee, about 30oz of Diet Mt. Dew, 5 egg whites/1 egg/ .75 cup of oatmeal brought me back to 200 by 10:30 am.

Diet Soda is on my "free foods" list. Mental note, also bloated and curbs hunger. Limit use unless I need an easy way to hold over a meal in am emergency. Oh!! Yesterday, I had about 6x20oz Diet Mt. Dews instead of my water. Gotta ditch old habits.
--
NEW WORKOUT ROUTINE:
NOTES *WORKOUT
Total set structure is different than before. Day 3 is legs and triceps, since legs were cut short yesterday, we'll go again today!
--
Day 3:

Close grip bench press 4 x 10
-Last Week: old set requirements-55x13, 85x8, 115x8, 115x8
-This Week: 115. 135, 135, 145x7 (need spotter for more) +progress

Overhead tricep ext 4 x 15
-This Week: Not sure if DB or cable will ask went cable: 25, 42.5, 65x14, 57.5x10 +found baseline for cable tri ext

Leg ext 4 x 20 5 sec neg each rep
-Last Week: 30, 30x 45, 45 (was 3 sec neg)
-This Week: 45, 60, 60 (2 sec pause @ 13 & 18),

Must be leg day in this place. I didn't get my workout until 1pm or so and originally was going to do day 3 old workout which was rest, or I would have gotten here earlier. There's lines for everything. Doing Cardio and will be better prepared for time management on next day 3. Below is remaining exercises for the day:
Leg press 4 x 12-15
Lying leg curls 4 x 20
Stiff leg deAds 4 x 12 (did yesterday)

Cardio 25min 6% 3.5 132bpm

Overall happy with the day, I my lunch steak/rice at the gym. Shit never tasted so fucking good. I was hungry after my workout.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic