Latest Member
pbtom
What's New?

Stickler's Rebirth Log

Stickler

Stickler

VIP Member
Oct 28, 2010
Hey gang. I have a log that I started 6-23-2002 on a sister forum. @The Phoenix asked if I would post it here. I started that day due to some legal reasons AND after injury. So what I'll do is post my beginning thoughts, my MOST humiliating posts and pics (which I originally wasn't going to do), and then post my progression. If you're interested after the story, great! If not, then hey, it's just another log. I write the log originally as I just *did* things, but after I got a coach, I started to type as I was thinking during my workouts after each set. Not sure what it's worth, but I went from being in "the know" to "life" to injury to now. Take it for what it's worth, but I'm damned determined to make a change in myself and if anyone else relates, then awesome.

Thanks for letting me ramble, let I'm gonna put some of this together and get it current.

Stickler

Stickler

VIP Member
Oct 28, 2010
6-23-2022
--
k, here's my deal. I used to be very dedicated. Then after 18 years of trying to keep failing relationships, drugs, alcohol, and still trying to be the best long distance dad a person could be, I go and get a Fking DUI. I had hit the gym off and on for 4 months here, off, then 1 year there, off etc.. point is I'm back at it.

Last year after taking about 5 years off, I got a DUI. Then I got back to the gym hitting hard and doing a light cycle. I figured I'd better gain some weight and get my strength back up b/c I THOUGHT I was going away for a while.

I started at 211, hit as high as 230 while on gear. Developed tendonitis and had to take 2 months after my cycle during PCT and dropped to 215 or so. I gained strength, lost BF, and then started Adderall for ADHD so I'm also keeping water off. I go back to the gym for 3 weeks, tendonitis again and take 2.5 more months off. Went 2 times then lose my license from the DUI case. 3.5 weeks later (LAST NIGHT) I got my drivers license back.

So after loss of gains, more fat increases, injuries, then legalities, I'm trying to start ALL OVER. I truly feel like a newbie. I have the knowledge, I've done it more than once, and I have an amazing support group.

Pics might come in time, but for now I'll start with just posting shit for accountability. Any feedback is fine and I'll probably say shit like "I know," but I promise I'm listening.

There are many people who crush it here and look better than I feel I EVER have, but I'm working with what God has given and what I can afford to properly eat and supps.

Don't expect too aggressive in the beginning as I'm actually starting to get paranoid about injuries because they were NEVER a problem before. I'll try not to be a hypocrite on my own advice I'd give someone else but I KNOW my current situation isn't financially perfect.

Thanks for letting me share, taking the time to read, and I'm going to work on forgetting what I USED to be and FOCUS on what I WANT to become.

Here goes:

Stickler

Stickler

VIP Member
Oct 28, 2010
So from here I talked to my coach/friend he said to do full body 3x a week to get my muscles warmed back up and to just get me warmed up. Here's an example or two of me just thinking and notating on my own:
--
Day 1:
6-23-2022
7am
2 cups of coffee w/ 2 Splenda, creamer
--
1pm
Grilled chicken breats, 1 head Romain, half tomato w/ olive oil and red wine vinegar
--
2:30pm
Lat pull-downs 42.5 x12, 50x12, 60x9
Front plate later raise 10x21's, 25x21's,25x21
Tricep rope pull-downs 35x15,45x12,50x10
Seated leg curl 90x15,120x15,135x13
Standing Curl Bar 50x7,35x15,35x1 (left forearm tendons rolling during 2nd set curls, 3rd set no issues,bi's decent pump)
Hammer strength Iso Bench Press (open handed) 25x15,45x13,45x9
Dumbbell Shrugs 75x20,85x18
--
3:40PM
Protein shake in water 50mg whey protein, banana, 1 tbl spn PB
No cardio
--
6:50PM
2 Sandwiches total: 4 slices Italian Bread, 4 slices American Cheese, 4 Slices Honey cooked ham, 18 slices pepperoni, mayo
12oz Diet Coke
------
If I get hungry I have 2 more chicken breasts and plenty of Romain lettuce and lunch meats.

Had 2.5 gallons of water today.

Caloric deficit but just getting back at it, need to lose stomach fat. Will increase healthy calories when I start cardio, also depends on budget

------

AT THIS POINT I have had ZERO meal planning and I had been out of work for 3.5 weeks so barely ANY money to focus on proper foods. I ate WHATEVER was in the house.

Stickler

Stickler

VIP Member
Oct 28, 2010
6-24-2022:
Fck, here it comes:
----
7:15AM
2 Eggs, 4 Egg whites, 2 slices American Cheese, Cooked w/ Olive oil - 453 cals, 32g Protein (once I have more money will add veggies and chicken/steak)
--
11AM
Muscle Milk Pro - 220 cals, 40g Protein, 12 Carbs (1 sugar)
"One" Protein Bar - 220 cals, 20g Protein, 23 Carbs (1 sugar)
--
12:50PM
NOTE**Major fatigue (not sure if it's from lack of food or from Adderall wearing off, but this normally doesn't happen when I'm doing something other than driving for work)
--
1:15PM
Power Nap
--
2:45
1 Head Romain. 3 stalk celery, 15 slices pepperoni (150 cals, 14g fat, 5g protein),1.5 bone in chicken breats, 2 tbl spns Grated Parm Cheese, olive oil, red wine vinegar
--
4PM
2 handfuls of raisinettes
--
5 vodka and diet ice teas
. ... never said I was perfect.

------

Yup, I got ripped over the booze and my pepperoni intake. I mean, once you see my before pics you'll understand. I used that shit as my "fat proteins" while trying to gain AND be keto at the same time... wtf was I thinking?

Stickler

Stickler

VIP Member
Oct 28, 2010
Let's just to a momentary laps of improvement:
--
6-26-2022
8:30AM
6oz steele cut oats w/half banana, 1/4 cup almond milk, 1/2 tsp honey, chia seeds
--
9:30AM
Seated Cable Rows 85x15, 120x15, 160x13
Icarian T bar 25x15, 45x15, 70x11
1 arm cable tri push/pull/cross 10x7/7/7, 15x7/7/7, 20x7/7/7, left 20x7/7(assisted) right 20x7/7/7 ((left Tricep is weaker maybe from tendonitis?)
Leg curl 70x15, 85x15, 100x12
Seated Incline DB Curls w/ left forearm strap 15x12 (rotation is uncomfortable try different exercise)
Standing Curl Bar 35x11 (left forearm tendons rolling), 35x 12 during (weakness, less discomfort if I don't grip bar firmly)
Hammer strength Iso Bench Press (open handed) 45x15, 55x13, 55x7
--
11:05AM
1/4 Chicken, 1/4lb pasta salad
--
2:15PM
5 meatballs, 2 chicken breasts, vegetable medley
--
8:45PM
DAMNIT - 3 Hot dogs wrapped in crescent rolls. Smh.

-------
almost.. fuck you pigs in a blanket!

Stickler

Stickler

VIP Member
Oct 28, 2010
Let's jump ahead to my appoint my w/ my coach! I got a good one folks and I'm just blessed to have a friend who's been around the block. Just to let you know, the reason I'm putting all this crap here is b/c I started this journey not too long ago, and made solid choices that are working. I'm showing the short beginnings in case anyone else questions their own reasons/thoughts. Also, to show that fuck it, I'm not gonna let my coach OR myself down.:
---
6-30-2022
Got myself a coach today! Fred Biggie Smalls who was coached by George Farah.
-I got scanned and I'm disgusted w/ my results. I'll post before pics after I get some progress. I CAN'T do that to myself, just yet. My BF% is WAY higher than I thought.

My calories were very low, mostly protein and veggies. I didn't document today's meals, because they are of no consequence.
--
Diet:
He gave me my diet for the next 3 weeks, so I have to go shopping tomorrow/Sat at the latest. Whew, a LOT of changes happening here. I'll document what I can once I get this train moving.
2320 calories
218.94g clean whole food protein
219.32g carbs
65.64g fat
-This diet style is going to be all new to me and I'm not going to fight it. I've got to get used to eating the same exact thing until next check-in. 3 weeks from today.
--
Workout:
Waiting for that for tomorrow morning
-All I know is cardio x 6 days per week
--
Cycle:
We'll get to it when it's time (got some more work to do first)
------
I get scanned in again in 3 weeks and tweak from there.

He said I can get you into a "beach body" in 3 months, but I heard him say something about "November" when he read my body scan report. I'm hoping I'm pleased by the end of summer and get more dense/thick by November. I told him, I'm used to being a bigger guy and I want to look good, but I don't want to look small!
-Again, trusting the pro and his process
------------------
Dr.'s Visit. It has only been my 3rd time as he's a new PCP for me. I said, "Ya know, we don't really know each other, but I wanted to get your opinion on TRT/HRT." He doesn't like the idea of prescribing HGH because it can cause (whatever he said).. AND THEN, he says.. "You can just order it off the internet." I WAS LIKE WHAAAT?! He DID however, say he prescribes Test but it all depends on my levels. I nodded, and then was able to get a bloodwork script for Comprehensive Metabolic, All hormone values, Thyroid, Cholesterol, etc. I told him I had good insurance right now, and he said.. well let's get a full panel done! BOOOM. Best Dr. I've had in a long time.

I did mention how my urine flow seems a bit less than satisfying and I thought I was having pressure on my prostate. He said, b/c I don't have any family history of prostate cancer that unless something is seriously happening, they don't get the PSA checked until 50. BUT, a "Cologuard" screening box is on it's way to my door, lol.
-
Overall I had a great day and got a TON figured out and in the mix. Looking forward to pushing this transformation to a real start, and for once in my life responsibly and consistently. A short week of changing diet and macros doesn't mean shit. I lost 6lbs in 7 days (morning to morning weigh in), which is fine and dandy.. but I need to get this fuckin' show on the road.

Thanks for letting me vent/document and keep myself accountable, I appreciate your support thus far

Stickler

Stickler

VIP Member
Oct 28, 2010
In case you can't google. Here's a few of my coach's accomplishments (I'm very fortunate to call this man my friend):

Fred Biggie Smalls.jpg
fred2.jpg

Stickler

Stickler

VIP Member
Oct 28, 2010
Here's the diet he gave me on 6-30-2022. I was told next check in was in 3-4 weeks and to eat it every day. I believe it was designed to realign my metabolism to carbs, and to get shit acting normal again. I definitely have insulin resistance due to BF and age. I've always been carb sensitive, but maybe this is designed to get me back on track?!

Resized_202207041643350000_17301197038086.jpeg

Stickler

Stickler

VIP Member
Oct 28, 2010
So I started my diet on 7-4-2022 and my workout routine 7-5-2022. I'll post how I wrote for my first day on the new routine which was totally a foreign style to me. I'm used to HIT 6-8 1 body part a day. This is NOT it! He's trying to reprogram me from future injury and help me reach my goals.. so letting someone else for once take the reigns. ANYWAY:

Starting new workout routine today, but missed yesterday, so starting on "Day 2." Not my typical style, but following what my coach tells me.
-
Day 2:
Db rows 4 x 8-10 (45x10, 65x10, 65x10, 65x8)
Prone grip seated rows 4 x 8-10 hold each contraction 2 sec (60x10, 60x9, 60x7, 50x7)
Wide grip pulldowns 4 x 8-10 (85x10, 100x10, 120x7, 100x8)
Shruggs 5 x 12 hold contraction 3 sec negative (65x10 couldn't hold grip on left hand, 45x11-grip, 40x12, 40x12-almost lost grip)
Hammer curls 3 x 8-10 (15x10 -w/ forearm strap easy, 25x10, 30x8- almost lost grip left hand)
Barbell curls 6 x 6-8 5 sec negative each rep (35x8, 45x8, 45x8, 45x8, 55x7, 55x7)

Stickler

Stickler

VIP Member
Oct 28, 2010
7-6-2022

This first routine is only 4 days working out. Workout Day 1,2 -Day 3 rest, workout Day 4,5, rest Day 6,7. With 6 days of cardio.

I'm assuming he's getting me back into the gym without injury, getting all body parts moving, reducing inflammation and fat, with the clean diet and almost daily cardio.

Woke up feeling ZERO bloat. Not getting on the scale yet. Diet has my stomach feeling pitted half the time. Thing is I can't tell when I'm hungry or content. I'm hanging mostly in between. Like "almost hungry," lol. It's weird. I only have zero hunger for about 1 hour after each meal/snack, and then I'm counting down the minutes to the next meal.

Anyway, Day 3: Cardio - 30 min treadmill 132 BPM steady.

It's already getting harder to increase my heart rate. Wtf.

Stickler

Stickler

VIP Member
Oct 28, 2010
Got bloods FOR THE FIRST TIME EVER, other than required for general health/jobs whatever. So, as a responsible adult we can see my cholesterol needs major work. I was actually REALLY hoping I could get TRT under insurance, but I haven't had my follow up yet. Plus, I wanted to get response from the community on their concerns. Point is, if you don't get bloods usually... START! Here's what I was able to get done from my doc:

Lab_pg1_6-30-22.jpg
Lab_pg1_6-30-22.jpg
Lab_pg2_6-30-22.jpg

Stickler

Stickler

VIP Member
Oct 28, 2010
This was an important reminder of what to do, or better yet, what NOT to do. SMH, I need to learn to appreciate leg day after several injuries from my youth or I'm never gonna make it:
---
7-7-22
I wrote this shit out as I was having the convo in my head. Tough day.. remember kids, don't skip leg day, just don't be that guy.. like I did way to often after a bad injury. I regret it now.

Routine "Day 4":
Squats 5 x 6-8 3 sec negative each rep (haven't done squats in almost 20 years, fear of hurting my back so starting with no weight for form check and then moving up) - my form is garbage and my flat feet have me leaning forward. Can't go down as far as I'd like, but it's only my first day doing these so I need to get out of my head)
45x8, 95x8(coach saw me, said widen stance turn feet. MUCH BETTER), 135x8, 185x8, 185x6 -gonna hurt tomorrow

Stiff leg deads 5 x 8-10 3 sec negative each rep (never did these before, got help on form, I've avoided these due to fear of injury, makes me an asshole and it shows) 5 x 8x90

Leg press 4 x 15 2 sec pause in paused position the first 5 reps of each set do the next 10 Straight thru without pausing
-200x15, 290x15 (feeling fatigued), 290x15 (almost gave up @ 13, fucking GET IT PUSSY!!), 290x15

Lying leg curls 5 x 12 3 seconds negative each rep 70x12, 85x12, 3@85 dropped 3x70 total failure. Hamstrings are spent

Leg ext 4 x 20 3 sec negative each rep 70x10, 25x15 (to failure, embarrassed at myself), 17.5x20, 17.5x20 (this negative and set count is kicking my ass)

Seated calf raises 4 x 15 hold stretch position 3 sec each rep 45x15, 45x15, 45x13, time is short today still gotta prep and work.. fuck

Cardio 25 min - treadmill 132bpm

I'm gonna be screaming tomorrow. Coach says to me on the way out, "have a good one." I said FUCK YOU I'm gonna be dying tomorrow. He just laughed. I love it.

Time to eat, and prep more food. Work is not a definite, I can barely walk properly.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic