pbtom
What's New?

Steve's Selfie Strength Tip- Women holding back

PillarofBalance

PillarofBalance

Strength Pimp
Feb 27, 2011
Steve is great!

I have a great story on this topic... I used to train with my girlfriend regularly. We had a lot of fun and we got a lot of work done. But she was always such a god damn wimp about picking up a heavy dumbbell... So one day while doing some Incline dumbbell presses she goes to pick up the 25's. I hand her 40's. She is looking at me like I'm high. I tell her keep your mouth shut, I'm right behind you. You can do this. So she does. For 6 reps. She then puts them down, looks at me and says "i can't do those."

I was baffled. I kinda yelled at her about it. She just did it for 6 reps. But says she can't do it? HWere does that mentality come from? But she can set up a circuit and train balls out for an hour and a half sweating to the point where she's almost puking.

myosaurus

myosaurus

TID Board Of Directors
Sep 21, 2010
you heard that porkers? if it jiggles then its fat! hit the weights!
I've been a trainer for 15 yrs now and i refuse to train women for that same reason. the few that I train really bust their ass(one of them was training til day before the delivery). No reason to waste time and energy trying to convince those who dont want to believe.

Rottenrogue

Rottenrogue

Strongwoman
Jan 26, 2011
Amen ! Sad but true twice the work half the results. Never ****ing give up !!!!!!!!

shan

shan

TID Lady Member
Jul 1, 2011
Ain't that the truth! One day I was as usual, busting ass and it dawned on me....these idiot guys half assing their reps with bad form still had bigger muscles than me despite the fact I worked at least twice as hard. I got pissed...seriously pissed...that day is when I decided to level the playing field a little :) I do not regret one bit making that choice, all the hare work I put in started getting measurable results fast.

GiantSlayer

GiantSlayer

VIP Member
Jan 27, 2013
I am lucky enough to have a woman that understands. She wants to get big. Sh'e not afraid of the muscle. But, as she can tell you, its not as easy as it sounds. You, as a woman, don't get big on accident.

shan

shan

TID Lady Member
Jul 1, 2011
I am lucky enough to have a woman that understands. She wants to get big. Sh'e not afraid of the muscle. But, as she can tell you, its not as easy as it sounds. You, as a woman, don't get big on accident.

Thats the truth! It is hard enough to get big TRYING to get big :)

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic