Latest Member
bsimon7074
What's New?

Steroids and cholesterol

matthewk04

matthewk04

VIP Member
Jul 21, 2013
Just got my bloodwork done and everything was good. At the end of my last cycle my total cholesterol was through the roof at 294. They put me on statins which I didn't take because I had a feeling it was steroid related. The nurse called me yesterday and said "I don't know what you did but you've cut your total cholesterol to 144 and all your other bloodwork looks great" I couldn't really say yeah I've been off cycle for 8 months. I'll post both full panels when I get them in the mail.

My question is do you guys experience such drastic ups and downs from use? And for those of you who don't come off how does that affect you?

Mike_RN

Mike_RN

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Aug 13, 2013
My totals are all still good when on but my ratios get fucked up. My HDL (good high density) tanks and my LDL (low density) peaks. Backing off the TRT dosing (250mg/wk) and dropping the Anti-Estrogens always gets me back to baseline.

DieYoungStrong

DieYoungStrong

VIP Member
May 27, 2013
@Mike_RN have you ever tried just dropping the AI's? I swear AI's affect my lipid profile more then anything but Var

Mike_RN

Mike_RN

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Aug 13, 2013
Yes. I only use Adex weeks 4-show day and Letro from about 3days out. Otherwise I don't use them at all. Even at 750mg of Sust and 350mg NPP I don't have estrogen issues. I prefer Proviron while running my TRT dose (75% of the year) at 25mg with breakfast.

jhotsauce7

jhotsauce7

TID Board Of Directors
Jan 18, 2011
Had mine get way up there near where yours was....after gear and also having been on AI for quite a prolonged time. Anastrozol I think was partly to blame. Time off and it cut in half, and then some. Used some fish oil, flush niacin coq10 and that seemed to help big time. Getting them done again this weekend and hopefully will be even better but it's taken almost a year to get them back down

P

prime

TID Board Of Directors
Dec 31, 2011
Red Yeast Rice supposedly works like statins. Statins are based from these. I think Triglycerides are more important than Cholesterol alone. Longest living people on earth are in the 270 range in Cholesterol so I have a hard time with the medical establishment pushing the levels to below 180. Big Pharma you know..with it's 40 billion dollar statin market.

Last edited:
ketsugo

ketsugo

MuscleHead
Sep 10, 2011
This is fascinating thread. As I pass 50 I'm paying more attention to my general Health, gaining perspective from others experience , training smarter I feel AAS and BB can keep me feeling young . I've had issues with blood and have had to stop EQ I was going way too high

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DieYoungStrong

DieYoungStrong

VIP Member
May 27, 2013
Red Yeast Rice supposedly works like statins. Statins are based from these. I think Triglycerides are more important than Cholesterol alone. Longest living people on earth are in the 270 range in Cholesterol so I have a hard time with the medical establishment pushing the levels to below 180. Big Pharma you know..with it's 40 billion dollar statin market.

Big pharma is so big that Red Rice Yeast isn't sold like it used to be. They removed whatever was acting as a natural statin. They must have paid the FDA to make the vitamin companies remove it.

Those people with the 270 cholesterol who live forever generally have a very high HDL, which pushes the total count up. People with high HDL's live forever.

The problem is that most of us juicers have low HDL and high LDL. That's a bad mix according to the Docs.

But so much has changed with cholesterol theories the past few years that who knows what to believe anymore.

P

prime

TID Board Of Directors
Dec 31, 2011
Big pharma is so big that Red Rice Yeast isn't sold like it used to be. They removed whatever was acting as a natural statin. They must have paid the FDA to make the vitamin companies remove it.

Those people with the 270 cholesterol who live forever generally have a very high HDL, which pushes the total count up. People with high HDL's live forever.

The problem is that most of us juicers have low HDL and high LDL. That's a bad mix according to the Docs.

But so much has changed with cholesterol theories the past few years that who knows what to believe anymore.

Wow..did not know this about Red Rice Yeast and Big Pharma. Makes me dislike them to 11 now.

Meathead.

Meathead.

VIP Member
Apr 1, 2011
Absolutely and I agree .. AIs like adex wreak havoc on cholesterol levels .. Secondary would be Orals like winny ... Bad news

Injectables not so bad if eating clean and doing cardio still

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic