Latest Member
RalfKelleh
What's New?

Steroid myths or exaggerations

Superman

Superman

VIP Member
Aug 28, 2012
Yeah, the sad part is that very few know the truth about steroids or how prevalent they are in sports. There is nothing wrong with them other than the media demonizing something they dont understand. It's usually when their guy loses as well. Otherwise... To them ALL GOOD!

Goingstronger

Goingstronger

Jan 9, 2019
1) Steroids can be expensive, depending on where you live. I am lucky that I can get Bayer testosterone in any pharmacy where I live without a script, but it comes to 80USD for 3 x 250mg amps, Not especially cheap.
On the other hand, I feel like people dramatize the cost of rHGH. I can get Pfizer Genotropin at 250USD for 36iu.

2) Steroids do have side effects. 90% of the time because blood pressure, hematocrit or E2 are not monitored.

3) Steroids do have the potential to make you aggressive. 90% of the time becausse E2 or progesterone are not monitored.

4) You should come and see some guys that juice at my gym if you think steroids always work

5) Steroids have the potential to kill you. 90% of the time because blood pressure, hematocrit or E2 are not monitored.

6) Steroids have the potential to be dangerous, like any drug.

gunslinger

gunslinger

VIP Member
Sep 19, 2010
1) Steroids can be expensive, depending on where you live. I am lucky that I can get Bayer testosterone in any pharmacy where I live without a script, but it comes to 80USD for 3 x 250mg amps, Not especially cheap.
On the other hand, I feel like people dramatize the cost of rHGH. I can get Pfizer Genotropin at 250USD for 36iu.

2) Steroids do have side effects. 90% of the time because blood pressure, hematocrit or E2 are not monitored.

3) Steroids do have the potential to make you aggressive. 90% of the time becausse E2 or progesterone are not monitored.

4) You should come and see some guys that juice at my gym if you think steroids always work

5) Steroids have the potential to kill you. 90% of the time because blood pressure, hematocrit or E2 are not monitored.

6) Steroids have the potential to be dangerous, like any drug.

1. I'm in the USA and the going rate for a 10ml bottle of test is $35 or less. Making it cheaper than protein powder.

2. Any drug CAN have side effects. The potential side effects can be made worse when dosing is extreme.

3. Key word here is "potential" they do not by default make people aggressive. If fact from what I have seen this is very rare.

4. I'm not saying you can take steroids and sit on your ass eating chips and ice cream and compete in a show. But yes steroids work even if you don't touch a weight or eat properly. They are prescribed to people with wasting diseases for a reason. These people aren't working out and sure as hell aren't eating like bodybuilders and yet they will gain from the steroids. So yes, steroids ALWAYS work when real.

5. Again there is that word "potential" literally everything has the potential to kill you. If you eat a bottle of flintstones vitamins they have the potential to kill you. If you drink to much it has the "potential" to kill you. Hell I have seen someone almost die from drinking too much water. Of course of over done steroids can cause "potential" sides that could lead to you getting hurt. But the dangers are far over exaggerated.

6. Agree

DungeonDweller

DungeonDweller

VIP Member
Mar 21, 2017
Replace "steroids" with pretty much anything and the responses are the same. Try "sex".
1. Sex is expensive. Even more so if you marry.
2. Side effects like muscle soreness and missing sleep.
3. Every fistfight I've seen was over a chick.

Goingstronger

Goingstronger

Jan 9, 2019
1. I'm in the USA and the going rate for a 10ml bottle of test is $35 or less. Making it cheaper than protein powder.

2. Any drug CAN have side effects. The potential side effects can be made worse when dosing is extreme.

3. Key word here is "potential" they do not by default make people aggressive. If fact from what I have seen this is very rare.

4. I'm not saying you can take steroids and sit on your ass eating chips and ice cream and compete in a show. But yes steroids work even if you don't touch a weight or eat properly. They are prescribed to people with wasting diseases for a reason. These people aren't working out and sure as hell aren't eating like bodybuilders and yet they will gain from the steroids. So yes, steroids ALWAYS work when real.

5. Again there is that word "potential" literally everything has the potential to kill you. If you eat a bottle of flintstones vitamins they have the potential to kill you. If you drink to much it has the "potential" to kill you. Hell I have seen someone almost die from drinking too much water. Of course of over done steroids can cause "potential" sides that could lead to you getting hurt. But the dangers are far over exaggerated.

6. Agree

You listed the 6 first points you made as exaggerations.

My reply and yours prove that it's most accurately possible sides from any drug rather than exaggerations.

Someone can't be blamed for exaggerating if what he states pertains to the range of possibilities

Mike_RN

Mike_RN

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Aug 13, 2013
I have seen Nandrolone used in Aids related wasting and it will put muscle mass back on emaciated frames. There are caveats and this isn't supraphysiologic gains in mass. It's adding enough mass to not die or cease to repair organs and tissue. This can also only happen if supplemental proteins are administered; either by mouth as food or TPN (IV Nutrition). The TPN (Total Parenteral Nutrition) especially effective with "bedbound" patients as it bypasses digestion (parenteral) and elevates insulin levels.

My point being that steroids DO actually "work" on everybody.

Now back to our regularly scheduled program...

Last edited:
C

Cabo Jo

Thick n Wide VIP
Jun 26, 2011
Tren makes me a monster. I feel bad for my old boss.lol

Heady Muscle

Heady Muscle

VIP Member
Oct 13, 2014
Steroids make me hungry and horny.

But I do bloods every six months. There are sides to watch:
Hematocrit and hemoglobin levels
Liver values
Kidney creatine levels
BP

If you eat right and do the right things to mitigate the sides you should be fine. Don't be a meat head, do some research.

But most things are blown out of proportion in our society. Fear= Control. Fear= Control Fear= ControlFear= Control. Remember that when you are watching the news or weather. We got 8" of snow today and on the radio today ( I do not own a television) it was Hazardous Winter Weather Alert!!! It is fucking snow and it's almost February in Michigan!
Fear= Control

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic