Latest posts

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest Member
Rolanalon
What's New?

Steroid dealer Carl Dix, who ran Steroids R Us, has £27,000 confiscated by court

mugzy

mugzy

TID Board Of Directors
Aug 11, 2010
A steroid dealer who made almost a quarter of a million pounds from his illegal trade has today had his remaining assets of £27,000 confiscated from him at Gloucester Crown Court.

Carl Dix, 27, of The Byre, Southam, near Cheltenham, who ran an internet store called 'Steroids R Us,' was jailed for three years last October after he admitted possessing testosterone, drostanolone propionate and oxymetholone with intent to supply.

He also admitted being concerned in the supply of the drugs, possession of criminal property, and possession of a stun gun disguised as a torch.

His business was so profitable that he drove a Range Rover Sport and had more than £5,000 in cash in his home when it was raided.

Today, after a police Proceeds of Crime investigation, the prosecution told Judge Jamie Tabor QC that Dix had agreed he made £238,814 from his criminal enterprise.

Dix, who is serving his sentence in Guys Marsh prison, did not attend today's hearing.

However, the court was told, he accepted that he has assets totalling £27,269-70 which are the proceeds of crime and liable to be confiscated.

Judge Tabor made a confiscation order in that sum and said if it was not paid within 28 days Dix would have to serve an extra 15 months imprisonment.

The judge said he was pleased that money Dix sent to his grandparents the day after his arrest had been retrieved as part of the confiscation sum.

The court heard in October that police became aware of Dix's online steroids sale business and raided his home on July 23 last year.

"They found evidence that he was running a prosperous business selling mail order steroids," said prosecutor Philip Warren.

"Sixteen thousand emails were found on one of his electric devices. He refused to supply the PINs to unlock other devices.

"There was a collection of packages in the house ready to go out in the post to customers. He was sending out sometimes twenty or more packages a day. He normally used Bishop's Cleeve post office or one in Cardiff. "

Source: gloucestershireecho.co.uk/8203-Jailed-Cheltenham-steroid-dealer-Carl-Dix/story-28933465-detail/story.html

biguglynewf

biguglynewf

VIP Member
Oct 11, 2010
Interesting.......

my biggest question from all that is why the **** would someone try to disguise a stun gun as a torch?

since when is a torch something that would not cause attention to it while walking down the street, tucked in your coat pocket? This isn't the Middle Ages......oh no officer....that's just my trusty torch there.....nothing to be concerned about....it's going to be dark soon and I have to recruit an angry mob and find some witches to burn.....

wtf?

woodswise

woodswise

TID Board Of Directors
Apr 29, 2012
Interesting.......

my biggest question from all that is why the **** would someone try to disguise a stun gun as a torch?

since when is a torch something that would not cause attention to it while walking down the street, tucked in your coat pocket? This isn't the Middle Ages......oh no officer....that's just my trusty torch there.....nothing to be concerned about....it's going to be dark soon and I have to recruit an angry mob and find some witches to burn.....

wtf?

A "torch" in Britain is a flashlight in the US.

Lizard King

Lizard King

Administrator
Staff Member
Sep 9, 2010
A better question Newf would be, who would actually but anything from an illegal business called Steroids R Us??

Hey, where did you get that test? Oh, Steroids R Us hooked me up, I got bonus rewards on my points card too.....

biguglynewf

biguglynewf

VIP Member
Oct 11, 2010
A better question Newf would be, who would actually but anything from an illegal business called Steroids R Us??

Hey, where did you get that test? Oh, Steroids R Us hooked me up, I got bonus rewards on my points card too.....

lmfao....very true!

biguglynewf

biguglynewf

VIP Member
Oct 11, 2010
A "torch" in Britain is a flashlight in the US.

well that makes sense then.

****ing Brits.....next thing you know fries will be chips and chip will be something as silly as crisps....

Lizard King

Lizard King

Administrator
Staff Member
Sep 9, 2010
next thing you know they will be claiming ham is bacon......

gh0st

gh0st

Dec 30, 2014
Whats that about a half million dollars? £238,814 ? Not bad for a half assed online site. I bet he even accepted credit cards and pay pal.

I just do the extra 15 months. It's England. Not only are there prisons nothing like US prisons but EVERYONE gets paroled! Murderers get paroled left and right

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic