Latest Member
Kiddorism
What's New?

STEROID BUST: First guilty plea expected from Operation Cyber Juice

mugzy

mugzy

TID Board Of Directors
Aug 11, 2010
The first guilty plea in a Broome County steroid ring is expected Thursday in federal court.

Richard Progovitz, 37, of Port Crane, was among 10 defendants charged in September after raids conducted by state and federal law enforcement that targeted distribution of anabolic steroids.

He is scheduled to enter a guilty plea at 1:30 p.m., at Binghamton's federal courthouse. Check back later for an updated report.

Progovitz, along with Endicott residents Paul Boylan, 31, and Derek Strassle, 32; and Binghamton resident Jeremiah O'Brien, 33, were charged in September with conspiracy to possess and distribute a controlled substance, related to anabolic steroids. They face up to 10 years in federal prison, if convicted.

Searches by police during the Broome County investigation uncovered evidence of steroid labs, including steroids in various stages of production and packaging materials. Court papers allege the criminal activities took place from January 2011 through Sept. 11. 2015.

The U.S. Attorney's Office says six out-of-state conspirators were also charged as part of the same operation: Ryan Root, 36, Michael Gisondi, 48, both of New Jersey; Caleb Doane, 30, of Nevada; Kent Fletcher, 46, and Jason Garcia, 21, both of Georgia; and Kyle Clark, 30, of Florida, were charged under the Sept. 11 indictment.

Root , Doane, Fletcher, Strassle and Boylan are also indicted on felony counts of international money laundering, which carries a potential maximum of 20 years in prison if convicted.

The investigation that resulted in the charges was part of a crackdown by the DEA, dubbed "Operation Cyber Juice," which has targeted underground anabolic steroid lab crackdowns in 20 states.

Police say anabolic steroids are synthetically produced variants of the natural hormone testosterone and can be abused in an attempt to promote muscle growth and enhance physical performance.

"Similar to the consequences of any illegal drug, the repeated use of steroids leads to addiction, shame, embarassment, heart attacks, strokes, cancer and jail," DEA Special Agent in Charge James Hunt said in a statement.

Products found in these underground anabolic steroid labs are often obtained over the Internet from Chinese chemical manufacturing companies and other underground labs, according to the DEA.

Code:
http://www.pressconnects.com/story/news/public-safety/2016/04/21/steroid-bust-first-guilty-plea-expected/83283596/

R

rawdeal

TID Board Of Directors
Nov 29, 2013
I need to even stop reading and responding to these bust reports, but I love the rush I get when my bp doubles.

Blah, blah, blah . . . . . familiar canned material from the LE - Media axis here, BUT, they are upping their game a bit. A very special agent, one James Hunt, reminds us of all the hazards we have heard before, but this time adds shame and embarassment to the mix. Forewarned is forearmed, guys.

PillarofBalance

PillarofBalance

Strength Pimp
Feb 27, 2011
Shame from steroid use? Dude is clueless

I have shame because of my little pp.

I use steroids to compensate and overcome this shame.

These people just don't get it.

jhotsauce7

jhotsauce7

TID Board Of Directors
Jan 18, 2011
ROFL......POB.....:dbells:

IronSoul

IronSoul

TID Board Of Directors
Apr 2, 2013
Is this the first bust since the cyber juice operation started? Definitely seems like they are stepping their game up. Why? I have no idea. They worry so much about steroids but let heroin ruin the country.

P

prime

TID Board Of Directors
Dec 31, 2011
Is this the first bust since the cyber juice operation started? Definitely seems like they are stepping their game up. Why? I have no idea. They worry so much about steroids but let heroin ruin the country.
Low hanging fruit. Great rewards low risk.

Littleguy

Littleguy

TID Board Of Directors
Sep 30, 2011
I am Embarrassed because I am ashamed.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic