Latest Member
jacobss
What's New?

Statin is killing my joints.

S

searay

VIP Member
Dec 20, 2017
I've been on 80 mg. Atorovastatin for going on 1 yr. Until about 3-4 months ago I was having no side effects such as joint pain. Over the past 3-4 mo. it has been getting progressively worse. I've read from Dr. posts on youtube that taking it eod will give the same benefits with no side effects. So I tried that and experienced no relief. I have rosuvastatin left over from previous use which I've heard has fewer side effects. I plan on trying it out to see what happens. I will then get a blood test to see where my ldl is at.
Does anyone know if statins cause permanent damage to your joints? I had been taking BPC 157 but I stopped as there was nominal relief. I was taking 250 iu in my shoulder 2x a day. About 3 days after stopping the pain in my shoulder got worse. I plan on getting more. I did not take tb500 as, based on what I've read, gives similar results to what GH and BPC give.
Does anyone know if taking tb500 with the BPC 157 along with the 2iu's of GH I take per day will give better results? Thanks!!!!

Lurch

Lurch

VIP Member
Jul 22, 2013
I think a good question to ask is, why are you taking a statin? From my understanding, there is not one study that shows statin drugs will increase the quality or quantity of your life. They are known to come with a list of side effects and if they are not proven to increase the quality and quantity of your life, what good is coming from taking such a thing? When you put something into your body, it will have an effect on the whole body.

Friggemall

Friggemall

VIP Member
Jun 16, 2020
is 80mg a typo? That is a very high dose. It's been shown that 10mg can reduce it by up to 50%. Trip had a study he had posted at WCBB several years ago. When I was on 20 mg crestor I had major aches & pains from it and the doc told me to take COQ10 to reduce the sides plus reduced the dose to 10mg because my cholesterol had dropped a lot and that worked. A couple years later I had just stopped taking it and when I let him talk me into it again he put me on Atorovastatin at 10. I've been okay for the most part since. I will say I'll go a week or a month and forget to take it or just stop because I get tired of taking all these dang sups/vitamins and the statin (only prescribed med I take)

lifter6973

lifter6973

Jul 3, 2021
I was prescribed a statin once years ago. I think I had a false cholesterol reading because other than one time I have never had bad cholesterol on bloods.
Anyway, I remember being on the statin and how I felt shitty and had sore joints on it. It def did not mix with my heavy wo routines. Hopefully never need to take a statin again.

S

searay

VIP Member
Dec 20, 2017
I think a good question to ask is, why are you taking a statin? From my understanding, there is not one study that shows statin drugs will increase the quality or quantity of your life. They are known to come with a list of side effects and if they are not proven to increase the quality and quantity of your life, what good is coming from taking such a thing? When you put something into your body, it will have an effect on the whole body.
I have low cholesterol, low triglycerides, low hdl, high ldl. I have had high ldl for years, I asked my Dr. during all that time to put me on a statin as my diet was good and no matter what I did my ldl was always way high. It's genetic, my father had bypass at the age of 55 and I had a triple 1 yr ago. If I don't take a statin Ill be back on the steel table getting my chest cracked open again. So considering that, don't you think not having bypass surgery again is a life improvement. You should really check your facts before you spout off about something you know nothing about. I was taking crestor at 20mg but it was not lowering my ldl. The 80mg of lipitor has been the only time my ldl has been below norm. Im sure I can take a lower dose and I am going to try that and get blood work and go from there.

jipped genes

jipped genes

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2022
I stopped taking it due to those side effects. I think a lot of docs are starting to see that it is high blood sugar causing the damage and not high lipids. As long as you have a decent LDL/HDL ratio then you are all good. Genetics? I do not know.

M

Massive G

VIP Member
Apr 10, 2020
I have low cholesterol, low triglycerides, low hdl, high ldl. I have had high ldl for years, I asked my Dr. during all that time to put me on a statin as my diet was good and no matter what I did my ldl was always way high. It's genetic, my father had bypass at the age of 55 and I had a triple 1 yr ago. If I don't take a statin Ill be back on the steel table getting my chest cracked open again. So considering that, don't you think not having bypass surgery again is a life improvement. You should really check your facts before you spout off about something you know nothing about. I was taking crestor at 20mg but it was not lowering my ldl. The 80mg of lipitor has been the only time my ldl has been below norm. Im sure I can take a lower dose and I am going to try that and get blood work and go from there.
Looking back at your original post has anything changed in lifestyle diet supplements? Are you on a low cholesterol diet? Was wondering if you take any EFAs as well like Omega 3s etc.? My dad has terrible pain with lipitor. It settled down but he had added some more fats in the diet and lipid levels stayed the same. I hope you get some relief soon.

Glycomann

Glycomann

VIP Member
Jan 19, 2011
My doctor says I need a statin. My last reading was total cholesterol 165 and HDL 37 with triglycerides 80. I am not ever ever going to take a statin. I should be dead soon.

Bobby Cole

Bobby Cole

Jul 31, 2023
Dunno.
I was faced with either having to start on statins or be willing to do the research and come up with my own way of lowering my LDL.
Since all that I have read indicates that statins would be a last ditch effort because of all the side effects, I decided to do the research.
For me, my breakthrough was finding out that LDL is not a measurement but rather, a calculation based on HDL and triglycerides.
(total cholestreral - HDL - TG/.5 = LDL)

First out the door was anything that produces a large amount of triglycerides like starches, sugars and even peas and corn. I no longer drink alcohol so that was out of the equation a long time ago.
Next thing I did was add 300mg of niacin and 1000mg of citrus bergamot to my daily witches brew which is known to raise HDL.

Long story short, my last bloods were great and the threat of getting a scrip for some sort of statin was off the table.

S

searay

VIP Member
Dec 20, 2017
In all the research I've done I found that some people make more ldl than others. LDL is the real issue, it is a thick, gooey, sticky, substance, that accumulates in your viens and causes the blockage. If you have untreated high B.P., the high pressure of blood coursing through your veins causes grooves in your veins making it much easier to accumulate. I just had a discussion with my brother and how sugar causes so many health issues. Thing is, I suffer from low sugar episodes all the time. My Dr. set me up with what I needed to check sugar levels especially when I feel a low sugar event starting. It has been as low as 50. I started taking burberine and the episodes have not been happening as often. So, considering I have low cholesterol, 165's, low triglycerides, and my issue is the high LDL w/ low HDL. If I could raise my HDL by using fish oils, which I have tried, it would bring my LDL down, since that is not an option and my diet is as clean as it's gonna get, my only option is to find a statin at a level that works and does not effect my joints. At 80mg of lipitor my LDL has been way below norm. At my last appt. with my cardiologist she asked me if the statin was effecting my joints and at that time it wasn't so she told me to keep taking as is. So I'm going to try 20mg of crestor and get a blood test in about a month and go from there. My other option if I can't get results from a statin with out painful joints is using peptides. So back to my original question. I am taking 2iu's gh a day and I have used BPC 157 and got reduced pain but it is not healing it. Does anyone have reason to believe taking TB 500 will increase benefits on top of the GH and BPC? I stopped taking any statin for a week now and I feel so much better. I'm going to start the crestor 20mg soon and see how it goes. I seem to be stuck between a rock and a hard place. It would be so awesome if I could get stem cell therapy here in the states with my ins. paying the bill. George Jr. really fucked us over and I hope he lives the rest of his life in agonizing joint pain.

Bobby Cole

Bobby Cole

Jul 31, 2023
It is my understanding that only embryonic stem cells are banned but not in every state in the U.S. Some states actually support the use.

Still, no matter what state a person lives in, blood stem cells can be harvested from one’s own or a donor’s bone marrow.

Lurch

Lurch

VIP Member
Jul 22, 2013
If you're concerned with cholesterol levels, which I'm not sure we even should be, look into Niacin and cholesterol research. 1500mg a day has been shown to be more effective at raising HDL and balancing cholesterol levels than statins, it comes with a ton of other positive benefits and aside from the flushing effect, that you will be a tolerance to, there is little evidence to support unwanted effects.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic