Latest Member
RalfKelleh
What's New?

State Finalist!!

R

rawdeal

TID Board Of Directors
Nov 29, 2013
I don’t have much input when it comes to the wrestling. Me and both daughters used to train jiu jitsu but I knew absolutely nothing about wrestling. My only input has been to help her with her diet and strength and conditioning some but mainly I help her mental game. She competed all over the country in jiu jitsu and I’ve learned what to say (and not say) to motivate, calm her down, pump her up, etc… tricky part is my youngest is so different and l’m still working on dialing her in, lol
Thnx, I suspected your wisdom in that all along, but I'm still interested in how I can improve my parenting game, some yrs after you are exemplifying yours :)

kid666

kid666

VIP Member
Jan 28, 2011
Hey brother congratulations. Thats an awesome achievement. It's always sooo hard as a parent to watch your child in any competition.
I used to get so wound up I would have to take little walks to calm myself. Great job !

A1food4u

A1food4u

VIP Member
May 9, 2012
congratulations to her!!! big atta boy for dad too.... a parents (fathers) support through all the training and car rides and hotels is huge.... awesome to see her drive and hard work pay off... still gotta be hungry finishing number 2 though.. i bet she'll be more driven than ever!

MR. BMJ

MR. BMJ

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Sep 21, 2011
I friggin' love these posts about your daughter!!

Congrats to her, she is coming along quick.

The other girl who beat her, is she older, or the same age? It's great she is closing the gap:cool:

S

Stclineman

VIP Member
Nov 8, 2022
Thnx, I suspected your wisdom in that all along, but I'm still interested in how I can improve my parenting game, some yrs after you are exemplifying yours :)
I think what makes parenting so hard is that every kid is soooooo different. I honestly got lucky with my oldest she has so much self discipline and drive it’s unreal… my youngest is more of a wild child, free spirit… we’ll know in a few years how good my parenting actually is

S

Stclineman

VIP Member
Nov 8, 2022
Hey brother congratulations. Thats an awesome achievement. It's always sooo hard as a parent to watch your child in any competition.
I used to get so wound up I would have to take little walks to calm myself. Great job !
Thanks brother and I totally understand where you’re coming from.. my girls competed so much in jiu jitsu that we went to a lot of tournaments that the coaches didn’t attend so I had to coach… it took a long time before I could even yell out a coherent sentence I was so nervous!

S

Stclineman

VIP Member
Nov 8, 2022
congratulations to her!!! big atta boy for dad too.... a parents (fathers) support through all the training and car rides and hotels is huge.... awesome to see her drive and hard work pay off... still gotta be hungry finishing number 2 though.. i bet she'll be more driven than ever!
Thanks brother and yeah she’s definitely ready for a rematch. She was pumped that night since she only lost by points but the very next day I started getting text of snapshots she took from her match saying I should’ve done this here and I should’ve don’t that there, etc… she held back some in the match scared to make a mistake and get embarrassed in the finals

S

Stclineman

VIP Member
Nov 8, 2022
I friggin' love these posts about your daughter!!

Congrats to her, she is coming along quick.

The other girl who beat her, is she older, or the same age? It's great she is closing the gap:cool:
Thanks brother…. Sometimes I feel weird because it’s the majority of what I post, lol, but other than boring work it’s what takes up most of my time.. the other girl is also a sophomore so they’ll butt heads their whole high school career. Unless my daughter goes up a weight class. The other girl is shorter and already muscled up some, my daughter is longer and leaner.. after the big Fargo tournament this July she wants to lift heavy leading up to next season so she may or may not move up.

genetic freak

genetic freak

VIP Member
Dec 28, 2015
I don’t have much input when it comes to the wrestling. Me and both daughters used to train jiu jitsu but I knew absolutely nothing about wrestling. My only input has been to help her with her diet and strength and conditioning some but mainly I help her mental game. She competed all over the country in jiu jitsu and I’ve learned what to say (and not say) to motivate, calm her down, pump her up, etc… tricky part is my youngest is so different and l’m still working on dialing her in, lol
That is the best parent/coach relationship you can have. Let the coaches do the coaching, not matter what your experience is. My wrestling background and accomplishments exceeded every one of the coaches my son had on his team, but I let them coach. Parents focus on the mental part.

blm

blm

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2023
I missed these posts since wcbb. It's great to hear she's is still pushing herself to new limits and successes.

S

Stclineman

VIP Member
Nov 8, 2022
I missed these posts since wcbb. It's great to hear she's is still pushing herself to new limits and successes.
Thanks brother, she’s hoping to do big things this off-season. High School Nationals in Virginia Beach is next on the list later this month.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic