Members
Latest Member
pbtom
What's New?

Starting log!!!

Bmfmichael

Bmfmichael

May 11, 2014
If you want to grow little brother, you need to intake a lot more calories.

I eat a good amount of food each day 6 meals, now im starting to incorporate brown rice, i will start to kick the carbs up a little more, the protein is definitely there though

IronSoul

IronSoul

TID Board Of Directors
Apr 2, 2013
I eat a good amount of food each day 6 meals, now im starting to incorporate brown rice, i will start to kick the carbs up a little more, the protein is definitely there though

Amount of good vs. Amount of calories is a big difference and is very important. If you ate 300 pickles a day, you'd be eating shit load but you would still be in a huge calorie and nutrient deficiency. Bottom line is, you need calories. To form new tissue, your body needs a surplus of nutrients to do so. I see you placing so much emphasis on the protein. That is a huge role and very important, but carbs are equally as important. A good balance of all three is the key to your goals brother!

Bmfmichael

Bmfmichael

May 11, 2014
Amount of good vs. Amount of calories is a big difference and is very important. If you ate 300 pickles a day, you'd be eating shit load but you would still be in a huge calorie and nutrient deficiency. Bottom line is, you need calories. To form new tissue, your body needs a surplus of nutrients to do so. I see you placing so much emphasis on the protein. That is a huge role and very important, but carbs are equally as important. A good balance of all three is the key to your goals brother!

Thank you! I am also trying to lean out a little bit

IronSoul

IronSoul

TID Board Of Directors
Apr 2, 2013
Thank you! I am also trying to lean out a little bit

I understand the want to be lean, it's great. But if you want more size, focus on that. Especially at your age. Take advantage of your hormones and recovery while everything is at prime. It will only help you in year to come. Then when you're that huge 20 year old that's lean as can be with veins popping out everywhere, you'll thank me!

Bmfmichael

Bmfmichael

May 11, 2014
I understand the want to be lean, it's great. But if you want more size, focus on that. Especially at your age. Take advantage of your hormones and recovery while everything is at prime. It will only help you in year to come. Then when you're that huge 20 year old that's lean as can be with veins popping out everywhere, you'll thank me!

Very true! Thank you! Your right your a great help!! Most definitely will be thanking you in the near future

D

danielrh

MuscleHead
Nov 19, 2013
Along with eating healthy foods the typical ratio's for macros are:

Protein about 1.2 g per pound of body weight
Carbs about 2 g per pound of body weight
Fat about .5 g per pound of body fat

At 140 pounds that would be 168 grams of protein, but you could go closer to 200 if you like. I suggest taking the difference in the drop in protein and put that into your carbs. IS has given some great advice. FWIW, I am a 128lb, 48 year old man and I consume 2000 calories a day. You have 12 pounds on me AND you are naturally growing because of your age. You definitely need more calories than the 1900 you are consuming.

IronSoul

IronSoul

TID Board Of Directors
Apr 2, 2013
Along with eating healthy foods the typical ratio's for macros are:

Protein about 1.2 g per pound of body weight
Carbs about 2 g per pound of body weight
Fat about .5 g per pound of body fat

At 140 pounds that would be 168 grams of protein, but you could go closer to 200 if you like. I suggest taking the difference in the drop in protein and put that into your carbs. IS has given some great advice. FWIW, I am a 128lb, 48 year old man and I consume 2000 calories a day. You have 12 pounds on me AND you are naturally growing because of your age. You definitely need more calories than the 1900 you are consuming.

This is some great advice Michael. Daniel is very experienced and has been training for a while. I completely agree with his post. Stick around here bud and we will help make you a champion.

Bmfmichael

Bmfmichael

May 11, 2014
This is some great advice Michael. Daniel is very experienced and has been training for a while. I completely agree with his post. Stick around here bud and we will help make you a champion.

I definitely will listen to this, you guys are always helping me get better i thank you

IronSoul

IronSoul

TID Board Of Directors
Apr 2, 2013
I definitely will listen to this, you guys are always helping me get better i thank you

No problem bro, glad to help. I'm sure more of the experienced guys will chime in when you've been around for a bit and they see that you truly are dedicated.

On another note, you should visit other members logs and parts of the forum as well and comment on things. The more that you are a part of the community and not just your log or yourself, increases your chances of really meeting some great people. You can also learn a lot for other people's post. But stay out if the anabolic zone, that's a no go. Just my recommendation, there's nothing in there that you should be worried about. Just some friendly tips bus. This is a great community.

Bmfmichael

Bmfmichael

May 11, 2014
Leg day today! Just finished cardio and boutta smash legs, ill give update pics after... QUICK QUESTION, DO YOU EAT MORE THAN USUALLY FOR POST WORKOUT AFTER LEGS?

IronSoul

IronSoul

TID Board Of Directors
Apr 2, 2013
Leg day today! Just finished cardio and boutta smash legs, ill give update pics after... QUICK QUESTION, DO YOU EAT MORE THAN USUALLY FOR POST WORKOUT AFTER LEGS?

I not necessarily, but most of my bigger intakes are post workout for sure. If you feel you need more, you probably do. Eat more after your leg days. It's only gonna help you recover better. I guarantee the you won't be putting on any fat by doing so with your training and mentality.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic