Latest Member
Rolanalon
What's New?

Starting back up with weight training

R

Realize

VIP Member
Sep 7, 2010
My first set, I count it as a warm up set, the rest are working sets. Be careful of going too heavy too soon, your tendons and ligaments need to be able to handle the the weight as well as your muscles.

I would stay with what you are are doing for now.

You can make 50 lbs. feel like 100 lbs. if you do it slow and controlled.

DungeonDweller

DungeonDweller

VIP Member
Mar 21, 2017
Be careful of going too heavy too soon, your tendons and ligaments need to be able to handle the the weight as well as your muscles.
Good advice. Once you have found a good working weight don't overdo it and give the support tissues time to adapt. Keep adding but in increments. Tendinitis takes forever to go away.

You can always mix intensity and volume days, too.

W

whatsup

MuscleHead
Apr 11, 2017
Does L Carnitine help speed metabolism?

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

R

Realize

VIP Member
Sep 7, 2010
Does L Carnitine help speed metabolism?

I've been trying to stay away from taking a ton of supplements, I used to take a ton.

My advice would be to eat frequent small meals every 2 to 3 hours to increase metabolism. If I'm hungry that means I waited too long and my body is now in survival mode so it will hold onto whatever food I put in my body because it does not know when it will be fed again. Same goes with thirst.

I'm no guru but I eat to avoid hunger and drink water to avoid thirst, thats my thinking.

W

whatsup

MuscleHead
Apr 11, 2017
I've been trying to stay away from taking a ton of supplements, I used to take a ton.

My advice would be to eat frequent small meals every 2 to 3 hours to increase metabolism. If I'm hungry that means I waited too long and my body is now in survival mode so it will hold onto whatever food I put in my body because it does not know when it will be fed again. Same goes with thirst.

I'm no guru but I eat to avoid hunger and drink water to avoid thirst, thats my thinking.
I agree. I started taking protein powder and the L Carnitine supplements arrive today. Are the powder safe? Someone just told me his dr said it can harm the liver?

W

whatsup

MuscleHead
Apr 11, 2017
Do you take L Carnitine daily even on non workout days?

DungeonDweller

DungeonDweller

VIP Member
Mar 21, 2017
I think you can just take it in the times around your workout.

Stolen from Jordan Feigenbaum:
-L carnitine: Brand: Dymatize Nutrition, Dosage: 3g a day, Timing: 1g pre, post, and with dinner

Why: Potential to reduce fatigue, improve ATP regeneration/recovery, and improve androgen receptor density (perhaps by decreasing free radical damage). However, the data overall on this supplement isn't terribly convincing. I'd consider this to be a third line supplement, at best, and only consider it if someone is taking creatine, beta alanine, and betaine anhydrous already.

And also "Originally, there was some data showing increased androgen receptor density and increased insulin sensitivity, which would make it "most effective" in the peri workout meals and dinner (presumably a "large" meal in Western societies)"

W

whatsup

MuscleHead
Apr 11, 2017
I think you can just take it in the times around your workout.

Stolen from Jordan Feigenbaum:
-L carnitine: Brand: Dymatize Nutrition, Dosage: 3g a day, Timing: 1g pre, post, and with dinner

Why: Potential to reduce fatigue, improve ATP regeneration/recovery, and improve androgen receptor density (perhaps by decreasing free radical damage). However, the data overall on this supplement isn't terribly convincing. I'd consider this to be a third line supplement, at best, and only consider it if someone is taking creatine, beta alanine, and betaine anhydrous already.

And also "Originally, there was some data showing increased androgen receptor density and increased insulin sensitivity, which would make it "most effective" in the peri workout meals and dinner (presumably a "large" meal in Western societies)"
Thank you. The supplement co just replied and said to take it everyday. One tablet before a workout with 8oz water pre workout and on days off to take with carbs.

W

whatsup

MuscleHead
Apr 11, 2017
Well I step on the scale and really no change. I've been doing cardio and weights for one month.
People at work have asked me if I've lost weight though.
I think this is inches vs pounds, yes?

W

whatsup

MuscleHead
Apr 11, 2017
Do you need to feel sore the next day in order to know you trained really good?

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 1 members watching this topic